First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Will we get a peak @ the Ford Bronco ? …..any info meandering about ? :question:
Sponsored

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm guessing no. The just revealed new Ford Explorer is going to be the focus of Ford's display and I doubt they'd want to divert attention from it with anything Bronco related. Which the Bronco would definitely do.

78CreamBrownie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will very disappointed if we don't get anything. At this point I am thinking the only info we might get will be a confirmation that the Baby Bronco Exists and the Big Brother is going to be under wraps for a while longer.

DuoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
I hate to say it, but I feel like Ford missed their best opportunity to capitalize on excitement surrounding the new Bronco and the overlanding bubble that Jeep helped build. Maybe I'm wrong, and I hope I am, but it just seems like they're too late to the party at this point.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was just reading some news releases from the Auto show, and it appears that Ford isn't going to have the Bronco there. As Mustang313 said, it's probably because they are pushing the Explorer at this show.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm guessing no. The just revealed new Ford Explorer is going to be the focus of Ford's display and I doubt they'd want to divert attention from it with anything Bronco related. Which the Bronco would definitely do.
That's why they had a separate event just for the Explorer on the 9th, and are following it up with the release of the special trims (hybrid and ST) at the auto show.

There are dozens of articles and videos about the Explorer that people will see before attention gets torn away by whatever limited info is given about the Bronco. Some of those reveals can even be given in the context of "will share the [XXXX] in the Explorer", like the 3.0 or hybrid engines.

78CreamBrownie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like we might get more information that we expect about the Bronco. No idea how reptubible this site is, but they are reporting that the "buzz" is that Ford will showcase it.

The North American International Auto Show kicks off Monday, January 14, 2019, with the Press Preview. The buzz for this year’s event centers on the Ford Bronco. Industry insiders expect Ford Motor Company to showcase the return of the iconic brand to their model lineup for 2020.

https://www.thelascopress.com/2019/01/auto-show-buzz-the-ford-bronco/

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hate to say it, but I feel like Ford missed their best opportunity to capitalize on excitement surrounding the new Bronco and the overlanding bubble that Jeep helped build. Maybe I'm wrong, and I hope I am, but it just seems like they're too late to the party at this point.
Jeep sold a quarter million Wranglers in 2018 and set an annual record! So there's plenty of the Jeep Wrangler pie to steal if they get the Bronco formula right. And the SUV bubble is still building.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hell, half the NAIAS debut lists I saw said they were still speculating about seeing the Explorer at Detroit, even though Ford unofficially announced a month ago that they would have a special launch event for it on the 9th. I even saw a couple of those lists published after the Explorer event saying it would debut at Detroit. High level of ignorance/incompetence out there.

Some Ford PR media employee still thinks we'll see it by next year, and it will be "part of the global portfolio" by 2020:

https://twitter.com/Ford/status/1083386919789256704

That cnet list for example only mentions 2 Ford models. Do you seriously think Ford will have nothing to say about the rest of their lineup at an auto show in their hometown? Not everything they have planned is going to be obvious or announced in advance.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m starting to think we might see it. They have kept this thing under SUCH tight wraps, moreso than probably any product in recent whether it be electronics or other vehicles. At the explorer reveal they said that there will be surprises at NAIAS, but what else could that really be? They have announced the GT 500, explorer trims, new F-150, it’s gotta either be the Bronco or the Mach-1.

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't think we will see it until later this year, seems like the GT500 will be the show stopper.

Bronco Logic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 King Ranch, 96 White Sport, 76 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, Ford's reveal time was 8:40-9:05 and on the NAIAS live stream, only the Mustang and Explorer were featured. Maybe it'll get its on reveal later in the week...?
Sponsored