Sponsored

New Ford Bronco will feature aluminum body?

78CreamBrownie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am going to assume it will have some aluminum parts but nothing crazy right away. The Ranger will have aluminum hood, fenders and tailgate so we can expect to see that and maybe one other part of the Bronco that will be Aluminum to start. If it sells like gang busters then we might see alot more in Future models.
Sponsored

007-FJC

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, Lexus LS, V8 Cressida
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Resistant to small dings and rust, yes but resistant to conventional repairs, it very much is. The cheapest previous generation F150 steel fender is about $50. The cheapest current gen F150 aluminum fender is over $200 so even replacement cheap panels will make the average joe like me think twice about going the path less traveled. Regardless of what you think, us hard core 4wheelers might drive hard off road and may ding up our rides by accident but that doesn't mean we don't like to maintain the look of our rigs. I've got over $20k invested in aftermarket upgrades on my FJ and I wouldn't hesitate to keep it looking and performing at its best. As for weight reduction, a few pounds savings from a few swinging aluminum parts on the exterior isn't going to matter since me and most potential buyers of the new Bronco will armor up the truck with hundreds of pounds of steel, recovery gear, massive tires and accessories. I for one hope the aluminum is at a minimum on the new Bronco because that's the last thing I'd like to worry about. With the exception of the little ding, look how straight this old Bronco is and it plays hard around my neck of the woods. TLC.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}