John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
It has to be a mistake. I had the size estimated at 72.8 which is the World Ranger width. The Ranger Raptor world truck converts to 85.6 inches.

Edit: T6 World truck comes in at 85.2" with mirrors. That size has to be with mirrors. Still waiting on an update without mirrors.
I'm trying to see if this will fit garage and this was helpful. However, folding mirrors is a must. This truck is 5" shorter than my first gen tundra and a slightly narrower track. It only just fits as why it was always parked outside.
The Ranger will need to be inside. It'll be snug with a little reorganizing but doable.
Sponsored

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I'm trying to see if this will fit garage and this was helpful. However, folding mirrors is a must. This truck is 5" shorter than my first gen tundra and a slightly narrower track. It only just fits as why it was always parked outside.
The Ranger will need to be inside. It'll be snug with a little reorganizing but doable.
Make sure you get the optional power folding mirrors.

ewaltrob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD RANGER Lariat TREMOR SuperCrew 501A
What is the overall height with the antenna? I'm worried its to tall for my garage.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
What is the overall height with the antenna? I'm worried its to tall for my garage.
One of the first mods I do with every car with those short antennas is replace them with a shark fin. They are usually about $15-30 and take about 5 minutes to install.

WXman

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
In the limited under-hood pics I've seen, I haven't noticed a vacuum solenoid for the 4x4 hubs at the front axles. Does this mean the Ranger uses permanently connected front axles like many other U.S. vehicles with the only disconnect being at the transfer case itself?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
One of the first mods I do with every car with those short antennas is replace them with a shark fin. They are usually about $15-30 and take about 5 minutes to install.
I'm sure there are plenty of them to choose from, but is there a particular one or brand that is better ? How is regular radio (non-Sirius/XM) reception with it ?

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
I'm sure there are plenty of them to choose from, but is there a particular one or brand that is better ? How is regular radio (non-Sirius/XM) reception with it ?
They are all pretty much the same. I've bought from eBay and from carid.com before. Just find one with the shape you like and if it is painted, make sure it is the same color of your vehicle. Most of them either ask for your paint code or allow you to select from a list. Installing is as easy as unscrewing the old one, attaching the wire with a nut and attaching the cover with double sided adhesive. I have never noticed a difference in radio reception. I've heard some say xm is sometimes affected depending on brand but I don't mess with xm anyway.

Lance M Jones

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RANGER
Vehicle Showcase
I agree that has to be a mistake. Look at the max box width inside dimension of 61.4". There is no way the body extends past this by ~12" on each side (one look at the pics rules that out). I cannot immediately find it but I have seen the 85.8" number stating that includes the mirrors. I think the Ranger international max width is something like 73" and that seems reasonable considering it equates to ~6" to each outside from the maximum inside box width. That would also equate to the mirrors extending past the body by about ~6.5", which also sounds reasonable. And finally the 73" number makes far more sense given the shoulder and hip room. So, my take is it's ~ 73" (or however the international Ranger is spec'd).
I noticed this mistake also. I could not believe that the ranger would be wider than the F-150. I am glad that you did the calculations and brought it into reality.

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
I noticed this mistake also. I could not believe that the ranger would be wider than the F-150. I am glad that you did the calculations and brought it into reality.
The width on the Ranger without mirrors is 73.3 inches. This is about 7 inches narrower than the F-150. The Ranger is about 11 inches narrower than the F-150 when you factor in mirrors.