I’m 6’3”, will I fit in the new Ranger?

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
Good question, industry standard by reviewing magazines is too move front seat all the way back and then measure both.
Sponsored

MattE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
I am 5'11 and my wife is 5'2. I have a 7 month old son who is in a rear facing car seat. Do you think there is enough room for a car seat in the back of the crew cab with someone in the front seat? In my Fiesta, the car seat is pressed up against the back of the front seat with the seat all the way up to the dashboard.
My son just turned five so I have good memories of our rear facing seat in my wife's 2014 Focus. It was very tight, but our seat was a 3in1 that had base that stayed in and the seat doubled as a carrier. If you have this type they are freaking huge. It will definately be more spacious in a Ranger than your Fiesta, even if your wife has to move the passenger seat up a little there should be ample legroom.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I'll let ya know when I get to sit in one....I'm 6'5" and already ordered mine.

ChrispyKC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport Escape SE
I don’t fit in the other midsized trucks and I’m keeping my fingers crossed I fit in the Ranger. I can’t find any interior dimension specs. I can’t wait to sit in one.
Ric, it's not going to be a problem unless you're in the back seat. I'm 6' even and I have TONS of head room in the one I drove here at work. The back seat, well, even on the crew cab will be a tight fit for a 6 footer.

Reactions: Ric

kaltzbar

First Name
Barret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I’m 6’2” and just sat very comfortably in the driver seat after sliding it back. The back seat was a little snug in the crew cab (with the driver seat still back) but I fit!

Reactions: Ric

BAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
variousandsundry
I’m 6’2” and just sat very comfortably in the driver seat after sliding it back. The back seat was a little snug in the crew cab (with the driver seat still back) but I fit!
(Add my two cents); I sat in a Lariat on Saturday (6'5" 36 inseam) and fit however I did knock my head getting into the driver's seat. Once in, had good head room and ok leg room. My daughter sat behind me (5' tall) and had maybe 2" of knee room within the cut-out of the seat back. That limited rear seat space and the bed being not quite as big as I thought, has me leaning toward a full-size now. Very nice truck regardless.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
My brother in law came with me on a test drive on Saturday. He's 6'2"ish and with the passenger seat as far forward as he found comfortable, he had enough room to sit behind himself.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
I posted this somewhere yesterday.... I sat in a Ranger Lariet SuperCrew in Kissimmee on Saturday. Didn't drive it as it was on the showroom floor. I'm 6', 165# with a 33" inseam. No issues whatsoever in the driver seat, with plenty of rearward adjustment still available after I had positioned the seat for my comfort. Leaving it in that position, I sat in the rear behind the driver seat. I had 2" of clearance between the seat back and my knees. The back seats sit upright, no leaning back, as is to be expected. They might become tiring on a long trip but passengers have the liberty of moving about whereas the driver.....

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru outback
I posted this somewhere yesterday.... I sat in a Ranger Lariet SuperCrew in Kissimmee on Saturday. Didn't drive it as it was on the showroom floor. I'm 6', 165# with a 33" inseam. No issues whatsoever in the driver seat, with plenty of rearward adjustment still available after I had positioned the seat for my comfort. Leaving it in that position, I sat in the rear behind the driver seat. I had 2" of clearance between the seat back and my knees. The back seats sit upright, no leaning back, as is to be expected. They might become tiring on a long trip but passengers have the liberty of moving about whereas the driver.....
I finally got to check the Ranger out at one on my local dealers. They had a black Lariat on site.
I got in the driversd seat and adjusted to my normal driving position, which was basically all the way back. I'm almost 6' 5".
I got out and checked the back seat. That rear leg room would have probably been acceptable for my grandkids. Not for an adult.
I also checked out a Colorado zr2 diesel crewcab. The Colorado seemed to have a little more rear leg room than the Ranger after positioning the driver's seat. (All the way back)
I went back to the Ford dealer and bought a F150.
If the Ranger would have been 6" more room in the back seat area, I would have bought the Ranger.
Good luck.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I finally got to check the Ranger out at one on my local dealers. They had a black Lariat on site.
I got in the driversd seat and adjusted to my normal driving position, which was basically all the way back. I'm almost 6' 5".
I got out and checked the back seat. That rear leg room would have probably been acceptable for my grandkids. Not for an adult.
I also checked out a Colorado zr2 diesel crewcab. The Colorado seemed to have a little more rear leg room than the Ranger after positioning the driver's seat. (All the way back)
I went back to the Ford dealer and bought a F150.
If the Ranger would have been 6" more room in the back seat area, I would have bought the Ranger.
Good luck.
You are a smart guy to buy what fits you best, if the ranger were 6" longer I would have just kept my '01.
The F-150 is a great truck and I'm sure you'll love it.
I'm just glad they made one just a little bigger than I need and called it Ranger.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t fit in the other midsized trucks and I’m keeping my fingers crossed I fit in the Ranger. I can’t find any interior dimension specs. I can’t wait to sit in one.
I am six foot three and sat comfortably in the driver's seat in a Ranger at the dealer's during a test drive. I had no headroom issues and ordered one soon thereafter; will take delivery in August. Since I will be the only driver of the Ranger in my family, I did not bother to try the other seats and so have no opinion....

WheelMon

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Website
autio.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
@Autio Travel App by Kevin Costner
I'm 6'-5" and just got my brand new 2019 Ranger in March '21. ( It sat on the lot for 18 months before I got it. ) No problems fitting with leg or head room! Super comfortable seats! You'll be good in the cab! Leg room in rear seat, drivers side reduced to 4-5" though.
Sponsored