LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone like myself that had been struggling to find someone do a video tour of a non-Lariat package, I found this (might already exist elsewhere that I missed)

I had practically convinced myself that the XLT would have the same digital tac and menu system as the lariat. Glad to stumble on to this and see that we get a physical tac/fuel/temp/speedo in the XLT
Sponsored

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
It helped me understand the remote start with a key....my Explorer has it, but it's keyless so I wasn't sure if it worked the same.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
It helped me understand the remote start with a key....my Explorer has it, but it's keyless so I wasn't sure if it worked the same.
One interesting thing I noticed - the antenna was a fin rather than a stubby antenna. All the others I've seen were the stubby antennas. I wonder which is "standard"?

And another motor with no cover - that is really strange - it seems some have it and some don't.

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer. 2019 Ford Ranger.
One interesting thing I noticed - the antenna was a fin rather than a stubby antenna. All the others I've seen were the stubby antennas. I wonder which is "standard"?

And another motor with no cover - that is really strange - it seems some have it and some don't.
If you notice it looks black. They just haven't attached the stick yet.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you notice it looks black. They just haven't attached the stick yet.
Are you sure? I went back and froze it and it looks like a normal fin to me - the video is a bit fuzzy, but I don't see a place to attach an antenna. Maybe you can't see the gold screw threads. Here is a capture from the video - cropped to the antenna:

RangerAntenna.png

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On a similar note - I was looking at a friends Ranger last night and we noticed the base of the antenna was loose. Not sure if it would leak they are dropping the headliner today to tighten/check. He just took delivery yesterday so the antenna hasn't been leak tested yet, carwash, rain, etc. Better to be safe. Just thought I would pass that along.

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
It seems like all the Lariat reviews I've watched have the cover and the XLT's don't. I can't confirm this, just my observation.

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`
Are you sure? I went back and froze it and it looks like a normal fin to me - the video is a bit fuzzy, but I don't see a place to attach an antenna. Maybe you can't see the gold screw threads. Here is a capture from the video - cropped to the antenna:

RangerAntenna.png
My friends look just that when the stick is removed. The fin part is concave. The stick actually fits in that concave area of the fin and hugs the stick vertically until it leaves the fin. If that makes any sense? The fit is strange looking to me. We were wondering if the stick actually has any function? Of course this is the first and only one I have seen so far. Maybe this one is a true fin....but most of the ones I see on newer vehicles are color coordinated. My 2017 Explorer is.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
`

My friends look just that when the stick is removed. The fin part is concave. The stick actually fits in that concave area of the fin and hugs the stick vertically until it leaves the fin. If that makes any sense? The fit is strange looking to me. We were wondering if the stick actually has any function? Of course this is the first and only one I have seen so far. Maybe this one is a true fin....but most of the ones I see on newer vehicles are color coordinated. My 2017 Explorer is.
Interesting. I guess we will see when more units get released. Just like the engine cover thing. Whether it is consistent or if they are just early units getting quirks worked out.

Thanks for the info.

WXman

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
MUCH nicer gauge cluster. XLT with the Sport Appearance Package to get rid of the chrome is where it's at!

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Interesting. I guess we will see when more units get released. Just like the engine cover thing. Whether it is consistent or if they are just early units getting quirks worked out.

Thanks for the info.
Yes the antenna has not been attached yet. This is exactly what mine looked like when it came off the truck and I wondered the same thing until they put the stick on.

If you look real close you can see where it attaches in the red circle.
RangerAntenna.png
Sponsored