Aftermarket or Ford hard folding tonneau cover availability?

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
I was curious if there would be any interchangeability between us and other trucks with 5 foot beds, to today I measured buddys Colorado at work and damn is it close. He had a cover on his and side to side its good and so close on end to end, but the ranger tail gate kinda curves in at the sides and I think this is where it would not work out.

Others with a 5'(some say 5'1" etc) bed are , earlier colorado, tacoma and frontier. My buddy has a taco, maybe I,ll check his too.
Sponsored

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting, wonder if these work with the yakima racks. It is cheaper than the one from Ford.
Retrax makes the retractable tonneau covers for Ford. The reason that particular model is cheaper is because it’s made with plastic.

You want to look at the Retrax Pro XR series (https://retrax.com/retraxpro-xr) which is made of aluminum.

Both the plastic & aluminum models should work with Yakima racks.

Edit: the Ford retractable tonneau cover is the Retrax Pro XR series (https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/_ignore_category/1/id/12188/s/cover-tonneau/)

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Retrax makes the retractable tonneau covers for Ford. The reason that particular model is cheaper is because it’s made with plastic.

You want to look at the Retrax Pro XR series (https://retrax.com/retraxpro-xr) which is made of aluminum.

Both the plastic & aluminum models should work with Yakima racks.

Edit: the Ford retractable tonneau cover is the Retrax Pro XR series (https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/_ignore_category/1/id/12188/s/cover-tonneau/)

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the Ford Accessories tonneau cover is the Retrax Pro XR series. And that info is coming from the fact that somewhere someone has confirmed that Retrax makes the retractable tonneau for Ford, coupled with the description that it's the aluminum cover in the accessories page.

Retrax Pro XR = $1929 (5ft bed) and requires installation
Accessory Tonneau = $2,099 (5ft bed) and is installed by the dealership

But the "Tonneau Pickup Box Cover - Retractable" from the online build config, is $1,695, and is presumably installed at the mod center at Michigan Assembly.

So - does anyone know if that cover is the Retrax Pro XR then? If so, it seems like there's very little reason to get the accessory version, either order it from the factory or pick it up through Retrax.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So if I'm understanding this correctly, the Ford Accessories tonneau cover is the Retrax Pro XR series. And that info is coming from the fact that somewhere someone has confirmed that Retrax makes the retractable tonneau for Ford, coupled with the description that it's the aluminum cover in the accessories page.

Retrax Pro XR = $1929 (5ft bed) and requires installation
Accessory Tonneau = $2,099 (5ft bed) and is installed by the dealership

But the "Tonneau Pickup Box Cover - Retractable" from the online build config, is $1,695, and is presumably installed at the mod center at Michigan Assembly.

So - does anyone know if that cover is the Retrax Pro XR then? If so, it seems like there's very little reason to get the accessory version, either order it from the factory or pick it up through Retrax.
You can negotiate the price on Ford accessories at the dealership. I’m going to ask the dealer for X Plan pricing on the retractable tonneau cover when I pick up my truck.

X Plan is $1,608.

EC7C6C48-790A-4275-96DD-8EF0C015E1C4.jpeg

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
You can negotiate the price on Ford accessories at the dealership. I’m going to ask the dealer for X Plan pricing on the retractable tonneau cover when I pick up my truck.

X Plan is $1,608.
So then it would seem that the factory installed is the same as the dealer installed?

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So then it would seem that the factory installed is the same as the dealer installed?
I believe so. Dealers install the tonneau cover anyway, they are not a factory installed option. Just like the side steps, floor liners, etc...

Caliranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Thanks, Rangerdanger, I made the call and just order the Retrax Pro XR series (https://retrax.com/retraxpro-xr) which is made of aluminum.

If it truly is the same thing available from Ford than I save a few $$$ I got the Pro out the door for $1650.00 from www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.com. Its certainly is not the cheapest option out there for Tonneau covers but to it help if you can save a few dollars so be sure to chat with them online and to get the deepest discount price. I will post pictures once I have installed it hopefully in the next 7 to 14 days.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, Rangerdanger, I made the call and just order the Retrax Pro XR series (https://retrax.com/retraxpro-xr) which is made of aluminum.

If it truly is the same thing available from Ford than I save a few $$$ I got the Pro out the door for $1650.00 from www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.com. Its certainly is not the cheapest option out there for Tonneau covers but to it help if you can save a few dollars so be sure to chat with them online and to get the deepest discount price. I will post pictures once I have installed it hopefully in the next 7 to 14 days.
$1,650 is a good price. I doubt many people will end up paying retail on the Retrax cover.

I found a local Ford parts dept selling it for $1,675 + tax online. That tracks with what you're paying.

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
$1,650 is a good price. I doubt many people will end up paying retail on the Retrax cover.

I found a local Ford parts dept selling it for $1,675 + tax online. That tracks with what you're paying.
My Ranger is supposed to arrive this week so I bought the "Embark LS Retractable Cover" (Retrax Pro XR ?) part number, VKB3Z-99501A42-E from the dealer. I also want to use the Yakima racks so that's why I went with this cover. They sold it to me for $1689.69 (before tax) and I was able to pick it up the same day. Now I have a cover in my garage but no Ranger. Hopefully I will have the truck this weekend and maybe I will do an installation video. Here is the link (same link that "RangerDanger" posted). https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/12188/s/cover-tonneau/category/200/

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My Ranger is supposed to arrive this week so I bought the "Embark LS Retractable Cover" (Retrax Pro XR ?) part number, VKB3Z-99501A42-E from the dealer. I also want to use the Yakima racks so that's why I went with this cover. They sold it to me for $1689.69 (before tax) and I was able to pick it up the same day. Now I have a cover in my garage but no Ranger. Hopefully I will have the truck this weekend and maybe I will do an installation video. Here is the link (same link that "RangerDanger" posted). https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/12188/s/cover-tonneau/category/200/
Can you confirm the retractable bits are aluminum not plastic? Any other photos would be helpful too.

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
Can you confirm the retractable bits are aluminum not plastic? Any other photos would be helpful too.
Absolutely, I was going to wait to open the box till the truck arrived but for the sake of this forum, I will open it up when I get home. Ill take some pics and post them in a couple of hours. I am on the west coast so I wont be home till around 6pm pacific time.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely, I was going to wait to open the box till the truck arrived but for the sake of this forum, I will open it up when I get home. Ill take some pics and post them in a couple of hours. I am on the west coast so I wont be home till around 6pm pacific time.
No problem if you want to wait until after your truck arrives. I will be ordering after you open it up so I can wait.

RangerCat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat

When I check the Retrax Pro XR at tonneaufactoryoutlet.com for the Ranger, the price is showing as $1929. Did you get some sort of special deal?
Sponsored