Lariat Taillights

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
How do the Lariat taillights look at night? Do they have an LED outline like the F-Series trucks?
Sponsored

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
How do the Lariat taillights look at night? Do they have an LED outline like the F-Series trucks?
Taillights are the same across all trims. From the videos I've seen they look much more visible than some of the competition. I never noticed it but I was behind a Tacoma the other night and at about 30 yards I really couldn't tell he had his indicator on.

OP
OP
FULLSCALE

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Taillights are the same across all trims. From the videos I've seen they look much more visible than some of the competition. I never noticed it but I was behind a Tacoma the other night and at about 30 yards I really couldn't tell he had his indicator on.
Okay thanks. I thought they may have been different like all the other Lariat LED lighting.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
No, the Lariats have led lights and the XLT and XL have a halogen. Or at least that was the plan. All of the pre production had the same led lights regardless of trim to keep production simple.

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No, the Lariats have led lights and the XLT and XL have a halogen. Or at least that was the plan. All of the pre production had the same led lights regardless of trim to keep production simple.

Admittedly this guy doesn't have all his facts straight but he calls out the LEDs in the XLT in this video. I've also heard it referenced several other times that it was odd that they went with LED in the rear as a standard and not in the front.

fordxgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
The LED taillights are a part of BLIS which is standard for XLT and Lariat and optional on XL. This is similar for the F-series trucks. I've seen loads of trucks with halogen headlights and LED taillights but they have BLIS.

Last edited:

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That must have been a change...I mean it makes sense, but I specifically remember seeing it say the XLT get halogen taillights and 3rd brake light and the Lariat's are all LED.

Kinda bummed now, that's going to look stupid now with different lights on each end.

Oh well, I was planning to upgrade the front and fog light bulbs first thing anyway to a higher 6000K or so

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
From Ford's chat:
Interesting... now that you mention it the review of the truck in Conway, SC mentioned something about halogen indicators on the rear but I think that was a Lariat. Basically we should just wait and see for our selves I guess.

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I just did a little research... near as can be figured... LED taillights come in all trim levels which have BLISS blind spot system. Without BLISS you get halogen taillights.

I was wondering about the Radar symbol and if it would still be there without BLISS. Well there's the answer... When there is no Radar you don't get the LED Taillights.

If you go to "Build and Price " and price an XL with and without Copilot 360 you can watch the taillights change right before your eyes!

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
Kinda bummed now, that's going to look stupid now with different lights on each end.
Just let that I4 breath a little, stretch it out a bit. Those behind you won't be noticing the lights...

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think we're going to see a lot of changes for 2020. Simple things they can add like a sunroof and a dampened tailgate to more standard features like LED headlights on the XLT, for simplicity sake.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
I think we're going to see a lot of changes for 2020. Simple things they can add like a sunroof and a dampened tailgate to more standard features like LED headlights on the XLT, for simplicity sake.
I doubt they'd standardize on too much optional equipment. They have to be able to justify the price differential between the trim levels.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
anyone see any night photos of the LED tails?
Sponsored