Spray-in Bed liner

d7veloT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen6 Mustang GT-PP1 & Ford Edge 2.7L Twin Turbo
I'd go Line-X or other aftermarket equivalent that sprays the bed end/tail gate bottom.

Will keep an eye out to see if Ford starts spraying this area?
Sponsored

RangerManR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1999 Ford Ranger XLT, 2013 Mustang
The one drove today was not coated below/under tailgate.

IMG_1889.jpg
Looks like we drove the same truck! San Antonio event?

I mentioned the gap in liner coverage to the Ford rep and they didn't know if it would be different on the production trucks.

20181115_172819.jpg

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, I drove the Saber one but crawled over all of em........

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
What does everyone think of the factory spray in liner vs lineX or Rhino?
Yeah, my dad has a 2015 F150 Platinum with spray in bed liner w/ soft tonneau cover and he doesn't like all the road dust and grime that comes in from the tailgate area. I talked to my salesman this past week and we discussed the potential issue from the factory done liner and deleted it from my order and will have it done locally as they do great work and have done all my companies work pickups. It's also a little thicker too.

jsiedle1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew
I'd go Line-X or other aftermarket equivalent that sprays the bed end/tail gate bottom.

Will keep an eye out to see if Ford starts spraying this area?
Talked to a Line-X rep a few weeks ago and learned a lot about them. This area is specifically called the "whale tail" :cool:

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
^^^Thanks for this; although I went with the factory spray in I was curious.

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Machine & Tool Designer- Ford Motor Comapny
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my 2019 Ranger Lariat with the factory spray in bed-liner, because its only be a lease, and i simply don't care about that particular detail.
However lol... should i choose to buy it when i pick it up, or if /when i decide to buy a new Ranger when my lease is up...i'll probably order it bare and do a lineX immediately after i get it.
(Not to mention that the A-plan price for the factory spray in bed liner was only $450)

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
So I plan on getting just a bed mat to keep things from sliding all over the place. I figured if the bed ends up getting beat up quite a bit where I'm upset with it, I can put a spray in liner at that time. Is there anything wrong with that thought process?

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
So I plan on getting just a bed mat to keep things from sliding all over the place. I figured if the bed ends up getting beat up quite a bit where I'm upset with it, I can put a spray in liner at that time. Is there anything wrong with that thought process?
I am getting the Ford accessory bed mat for mine. Will add a tailgate piece (Ford or Weathertech). I'll look at it down the road and if the bed sides get scuffed, I can always add a drop in bedliner or have a spray in bedliner done at that time. I will primarily haul a Hobie kayak in the back using a bed extender. This Ranger is for the long haul. Kept the F-150 it is replacing (avatar pic) for 15 years. Hope the Ranger lasts me just as long.

AnimeRanger87

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 XLT 2X4 Reg cab. 2019 XLT Supercrew 4x4, 2000 XLT Supercab 2x4
Occupation
Production associates with Honda
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't get the factory bedliner I got my done at a local truck accessories shop thru the dealership. Its Bullhide liner brand and I think it turned out pretty good.

20190129_145150.jpg

20190129_145157.jpg

jcardona1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Toyota 4Runner Trail edition / '04 Nissan Frontier / '96 Toyota Land Cruiser
Looking for opinions from folks that use their truck beds quite a bit. I've never owned a truck with spray-in liner. It's always been plastic shells and I'm considering the same for the Ranger. I've beat the crap out of my bed shells as I've dragged things like truck axles, steel stock, concrete blocks, and boulders for landscaping.

How do spray-in liners hold up in this regard? As I said, no experience with them personally but something about a sprayed/painted surface doesn't seem like it would handle the abuse well.
Sponsored