Sponsored

Search results

1. Pile up last night on highway

The guy you see running around after the FJ was punted jumped out of that white truck in front of the FJ. He literally jumped out on impact.
  2. Leaked pics: IFS, 7spd manual shifter (w/ crawler gear), sway bar disconnect, top latch, EcoBoost engine, AUX switches, front & rear lockers!

You'd be surprised how much better IFS flexes without sway bars. I threw mine away front and rear.
  3. Let's overanalyze the mule undercarriage

Aluminum control arms? Not thrilled by this. Also that square tube and its mounting point looks to be for the offset crash protection will have to be cut off to put larger tires from the looks of it.
  4. Ford posts official Bronco mule off-road testing video

IFS+SRA coil sprung no leafs. Play the video in slowmo and you'll see the control arm in the rear. Its a winning formula that the 4Runner has proven to be successful. Now I can't wait to see what the beast will look like.
  5. The IFS vs SFA Thread

What year ram?
  6. The IFS vs SFA Thread

Come over and I'll run Dusy with ya. I've heard of it recently and people definitely recommend it.
  7. The IFS vs SFA Thread

Actually slick rock is really gnarly and fun. The FJ flaps are rubber and flex out of the way. My exhaust and rear fuel tank have been modified by those trails. My exhaust is squished and makes contact with the plastic cladding. The pictures make it seem prettier than it is. Here's a video of...
  8. The IFS vs SFA Thread

So did Toyota sell you that rig or did you build it? If you built it, then whats stopping you from doing the same thing with a brand new Bronco?
  9. The IFS vs SFA Thread

Thats about the same crap I deal with up here in Norcal. The thing is your truck is pretty much a single purpose vehicle. Mine is an overlander, a daily driver that will allow me to do 100mph if I wanted to while still being able to get down and dirty on the trail and then tow a trailer if I...
  10. The IFS vs SFA Thread

What rocks do you see stacked? The trail is like 4 miles long, you think I'd waste time stacking rocks? Thats what skid plates and rock sliders for. I didn't spend over $2,000 on armor just to pose...
  11. The IFS vs SFA Thread

Have no fear, friends. I rock crawl my 3 ton 135,000 mile diff locked IFS FJ Cruiser and it does just fine. If you don't got driving skill then don't blame the rig you're driving. ZERO failures and ZERO break downs on the trail so you guys can relax knowing truck makers know how to make very...
  12. Article: What Can the 2021 Ford Bronco Learn from the Toyota FJ Cruiser?

Many people forget the FJ Cruiser dropped in sales when the economy crashed in 2008. Because of this, I'm pretty sure Toyota didn't feel they needed to invest in updating it. The Bronco wouldn't have anything to worry about unless the economy crashes again.
  13. next week - NAIAS.....

A little birdy (hefty trucker) is giving me hope.
  14. Where does the Bronco fit in Ford's Lineup

First off, the only way you'll get 40s on an IFS vehicle is with a long travel and sheet metal mods unless you do one of those idiotic show off lifts. Secondly, with any 4x4 you never give it the beans. This is common sense. In regards to blowing CVs, again if you even believe CVs just break on...
  15. Where does the Bronco fit in Ford's Lineup

I haven't blew out a CV axle since my VatoZone chinese crap on my old 4Runner in Hollister Hills a few years ago. I foolishly replaced my OEM axles to avoid rebooting my old axles and paid the price. I replaced my FJ's old OEM 125,000 mile CV axles with Lotus design CVs a few months ago because...
  16. Where does the Bronco fit in Ford's Lineup

If the new bronco would use the similar formula as a FJ or 4Runner then it'll make it through fins and things without a hiccup. I do like having a swiss army knife 4x4. Being able to cruise at a solid 80mph in my FJ after beating it up off road is a very nice luxury. After driving a Jeep Rubicon...
  17. New Ford Bronco will feature aluminum body?

Resistant to small dings and rust, yes but resistant to conventional repairs, it very much is. The cheapest previous generation F150 steel fender is about $50. The cheapest current gen F150 aluminum fender is over $200 so even replacement cheap panels will make the average joe like me think...
  18. New Ford Bronco will feature aluminum body?

I personally wouldn't want an aluminum body because I go off the beaten path. If I ding it, I want to be able to hammer it back out.
  19. Where does the Bronco fit in Ford's Lineup

The New Bronco will be made to fit in my garage. The hell with Ford's other cars.