Sponsored

Search results

1. Ford Ranger / Ford Bronco to get Raptor's turbo V6?

Uh, welcome to 2016. ;)
  2. Leaked: 2021 Ford Bronco Options Decoded! Engines, Transmissions, Gear Ratios, Trims, Colors, Tops, Packages & More

If Ford had taken the time (which they took anyway) to make the 2.7 fit in the current Ranger I might be driving one of those instead of my '18 F-150. Probably not though since I am perfectly happy with the power, fuel mileage, capability and especially the sound of my howling Coyote.
  3. We might not be missing much by not getting the coyote

Which is one of the reasons why I replaced the exhaust on my truck in an attempt to disguise all the engine racket. Unless you've actually heard all noises coming from a gen 3 Coyote you can't really compare it to everything else. LOL
  4. We might not be missing much by not getting the coyote

It's not actually a dump valve. All I did was close off one of the two outlet or "tailpipes" that exit the back of the Magnaflow Muffler. The exhaust still has to go through the muffler regardless of whether the valve is open or not. When the valve is open, both tailpipes are being used. When...
  5. We might not be missing much by not getting the coyote

When I said "noisy" I didn't mean loud exhaust. I was referring to all the racket coming from the valvetrain or where ever. I don't think anyone has really pinpointed exactly why the gen 3 Coyote is so noisy but Ford just says it's normal. Doesn't seem to have any effect on performance or...
  6. We might not be missing much by not getting the coyote

I have an '18 F-150 with the Coyote and other than it being a noisy engine at times I have zero complaints. I bought a left-over at the end of '18 but it has all the options I wanted plus. The main things were crew-cab, 4x4, 3.73 gears and E-locker. I pulled my 18 foot enclosed trailer loaded...
  7. 2.7 vs coyote power curve

Which is exactly why I drive a 5.0L F-150 instead of a "new" Ranger that has actually been on the international market since 2010. I solved the Coyote torque curve issue by buying an F-150 with 3.73 gears. Pulls like hell and doesn't sound like a fart under water while doing it.
  8. 2.7 vs coyote power curve

I think you are more likely to see the 3.0 than the 2.7 in the Bronco. One of the reasons I say that is because the Bronco will probably be using the same drivetrains as the next gen Ranger and Ford seems to have some aversion to using the same drivetrain in the Ranger as the F-150. Always has...
  9. States more interested in the 2021 Bronco over Jeep and other competitors

I have zero interest in any of those other brands. But then again I have bled blue ever since I was 15 years old and my neighbor almost ran me over crossing the street with two paper bags full of groceries while he was rowing the gears in his new '69 428 CJ Mustang.
  10. what does everyone drive while waiting for their Broncos?

I had an '86 5.0L Capri the same color that I bought new and then traded for an '89 Thunderbird SC. Mine had the T-tops. The Capri was my daily driver and nearly killed me several times in bad weather. I lost track of how many times that thing went sideways with no warning. Still wish I had kept...
  11. Spied: possible Bronco mule seen testing in Detroit

The body on that mule is probably just a supercab Ranger which comes with that type of door arrangement. I wouldn't put too much stock in it.
  12. Spied: possible Bronco mule seen testing in Detroit

On the possibility of building two very different vehicles in the same plant, Ford did that for years at Flat Rock. The Mustang is RWD while the Mazda 6 and Fusion were both FWD.
  13. Spied: possible Bronco mule seen testing in Detroit

Since we are speculating, how about a four-link with coil-overs?
  14. Spied: possible Bronco mule seen testing in Detroit

I'm betting this is just a suspension test mule. I wouldn't get too exited about how it looks. Since they are using a modified Ranger chassis under the Bronco it makes perfect sense to use some Ranger bits on this MULE. It probably has the same drivetrain as the current North American Ranger...
  15. what does everyone drive while waiting for their Broncos?

Update: I recently traded my '07 Sport Trac for a left-over 2018 F-150 XLT Special Edition with the 5.0L Coyote V8, 3.73 axle ratio, rear axle E-locker, FX4 package, dual panel moonroof, 36 gal fuel tank, voice activated navigation, etc. Year end incentives were too good to pass up and the Sport...
  16. 2.3L Ecoboost only?

The 2.3L EB would make a fine base powerplant for a 2wd Ranger but I have concerns about its ability to properly motivate a 4x4 crewcab or a fully loaded 4x4 Bronco. The only reason I can imagine that Ford does not want to dominate the midsize market by offering a suitable engine like the 2.7L...
  17. Raj Nair: New Bronco Will Live Up To Its Heritage; Be "Different" Than The Ford Everest

Dude, you're preaching to the choir. Everyone here hopes you're right but at some point reality might just rear its ugly head.
  18. Raj Nair: New Bronco Will Live Up To Its Heritage; Be "Different" Than The Ford Everest

Personally, I would be glad to see the Bronco produced with only two doors and solid axles. I'm just saying that from a business perspective it would be hard for Ford to justify either, especially considering that it will share it's chassis with the Ranger and that truck already uses IFS and is...
  19. Raj Nair: New Bronco Will Live Up To Its Heritage; Be "Different" Than The Ford Everest

Unfortunately, there may not be enough demand from the serious off-roaders to justify a solid front axle. I get it that the Wrangler has one but I'm not so sure Ford will be luring enough Wrangler sales away from Jeep either. Because they are planning to use the Ranger chassis for the Bronco I...
  20. Raj Nair: New Bronco Will Live Up To Its Heritage; Be "Different" Than The Ford Everest

Here's a thought, why not build the Bronco with a capable IFS (similar to Raptor's) and then, for the really hard core off-road buyers, offer a solid front axle retrofit kit through Ford Performance. It would be similar to what Ford does for the Mustang. You can buy heavy duty rear axle half...