Sponsored

Search results

1. Anyone got a reservation? Getting stuck trying to get by . . .

Update: Was able to reserve a 2 Dr Badlands Model this morning, woo hoo!!!
  2. Anyone got a reservation? Getting stuck trying to get by . . .

Same, tried clearing cookies, multiple browsers, etc. no luck. Ridiculous
  3. BREAKING: 2020-21 Bronco Teased, 2 & 4 Doors / Hybrid Option Confirmed, Plus Baby Bronco

I had just about written the Bronco off as just another SUV but this gives me hope that Ford might not screw this up and actually give us a Bronco that holds true to the original DNA. I would definitely buy one if it comes out looking like this!
  4. Raj Nair: New Bronco Will Live Up To Its Heritage; Be "Different" Than The Ford Everest

Certainly the 1980 - 1996 Bronco had IFS but as Raj indicated in his remarks, the full-size Bronco generation can tie its lineage to the current Expedition. Demand for that size SUV is currently filled by the Expedition so no need to recreate that with the new Bronco. The Bronco II filled the...
  5. Raj Nair: New Bronco Will Live Up To Its Heritage; Be "Different" Than The Ford Everest

Certainly offering a solid axle conversion through Ford Performance could be a viable option if it would apply to both the Bronco and Ranger platforms, that broadens the appeal and justifies the development cost although I would believe that far fewer Ranger owners would utilize such a...
  6. Raj Nair: New Bronco Will Live Up To Its Heritage; Be "Different" Than The Ford Everest

Certainly an option and a viable idea. However, to keep development costs down, it would seem to make more sense to have the Bronco come with a solid axle from the factory.
  7. Raj Nair: New Bronco Will Live Up To Its Heritage; Be "Different" Than The Ford Everest

I was simply saying the suspension be aggressive as a Raptor, not functionally like the Raptors. I certainly should have used a better analogy
  8. Raj Nair: New Bronco Will Live Up To Its Heritage; Be "Different" Than The Ford Everest

After giving the various aspects of the 2020 Bronco a lot of thought, I have reached my "final" (subject to change at any time) conclusions. ;) If Ford cannot build a vehicle worthy of the nameplate, the Bronco legacy and offer a truly exceptional OFF ROAD vehicle to compete head to head with...
  9. Raj Nair: New Bronco Will Live Up To Its Heritage; Be "Different" Than The Ford Everest

Agree Bob, it will price a lot of people out of the market at least initially but if you are patient, you can get one at sticker or less. It took me nearly two years to obtain a GT350 at sticker but I finally managed it on a 2017 about 6 months ago. I love my GT350 but I refuse to pay...
  10. Insider Tip: "Air Roof" Removable Roof Panels To Be Featured on the 2020 / 2021 Ford Bronco

Agreed, a nice compromise and an option I would certainly consider. I would assume having the removable panels would nix having a roof rack.
  11. Raj Nair: New Bronco Will Live Up To Its Heritage; Be "Different" Than The Ford Everest

Agree, if Ford makes it look like the rendering, the demand will outstrip capacity at least for the first model year or two. However, since I can only afford one, color will be the biggest decision I would have to make :D
  12. Alleged Ford Designer Drops Details on 2020-2021 Ford Bronco & Ford Ranger

If the Bronco is nothing more than a re-badged Everest it will be a non-starter for me. Really hoping for something more aligned to the original. The Everest looks like a Toyota
  13. 2020/2021 Ford Bronco Officially Confirmed!! Returns in 2020 as Global, Rugged, Midsize SUV

I agree on the vehicle size and removable top as "must have's" for the new Bronco. While I would love to see a V8 option, I do not see it happening in anything but a Raptor version and maybe not even then. Let's face it, Ford has embraced the small displacement turbo movement in a big way...
  14. Ford Ranger / Ford Bronco to get Raptor's turbo V6?

I agree, I do not think the Bronco will get the Raptor engine but the 2.7 EB is definitely possible.
  15. How many doors should the Bronco 6G have?

I think both a 2 and 4 door version but think the 4 door would be the sales volume leader.