Sponsored

Search results

1. Update: Supercharged V8 5.0 Coyote Engine Swap into Ford Bronco by No Traction Faction

Not bad with no Ford direct support (assuming). Imagine if Ford sponsored someone like Roush to do the swap. Hard to believe there would be no buyers. And once done by Roush, others could follow fairly easily, me thinks.
  2. Update: Supercharged V8 5.0 Coyote Engine Swap into Ford Bronco by No Traction Faction

Could work well, with a TVS next to the 4 banger. Fiero's for the win.......... :)
  3. Update: Supercharged V8 5.0 Coyote Engine Swap into Ford Bronco by No Traction Faction

Not sure what's so "controllable" about getting 3 seconds of non-linear torque increase (boost). In my wheeling world, I wanted that power 3 seconds ago, and now that I don't want it anymore (since it didn't arrive in time), it's coming on really strong (and again, anything but linear). I do...
  4. Update: Supercharged V8 5.0 Coyote Engine Swap into Ford Bronco by No Traction Faction

You will never convince the "gazillian HP on paper" crowd that intense throttle response matters to some. You can get it with either a big NA engine, or a TVS'd "smaller" engine (or hybrids, but not my thing, yet). Not going to get it from a straight turbo motor, no matter what you do (well...
  5. Rock Crawling and External Cameras

Thanks for the replies. I actually tried the camera thing with a cheap backup camera (pointed forward) 15 or so years ago. And it flattened everything out to be almost useless, even on bigger rocks. But some of the more recent views I've seen almost look like they are impossible to get, like...
  6. Rock Crawling and External Cameras

So those that have used them in harder core rock crawling. Do they really help. Particularly interested in if you can guage depth of field, on large rocks (vs the ground) and/or front tire placement without spotting. Also, how often are the cameras covered up with "nature", as even the main...
  7. Matt's Offroad got 74Weld Portals!

$20K portals, but no front locker? Or just wasn't using it to see how it does??
  8. Jeep Wrangler 392 to be killed off

EPA good enough for you? If they can't use "large" V-8's for a decent amount of vehicles in the fleet, they are not keeping it around for the Wrangler. Will be lucky if the Coyote even survives in the Stang, going forward. " For light-duty vehicles, EPA is proposing standards that would...
  9. What could cause extremely fast pad wear?

Happened to my Fusion Sport, which gets driven pretty hard. But I was still shocked that the rear pads were metal on metal, right around 45K.
  10. What could cause extremely fast pad wear?

These days, they do (many times) https://www.f150forum.com/f2/rear-brakes-wearing-faster-than-front-372630/ https://www.fusionsportforums.com/threads/rear-brakes-wear-quicker-than-front-brakes.18803/ https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/rear-brakes-wearing-prematurely.490331/...
  11. What could cause extremely fast pad wear?

Stability control if you like to push it in the turns.
  12. 2.7l and 10 speed reliabilty, turbos shot at 40k

Yup, now at 67K miles on my 93 tune Fusion 2.7. Have done two more full auto X days since last post. Still hammering it daily. Religous 5K Mobile One Perf changes since the first 1K miles.
  13. Wyatt Johnson Ford in Nashville TN

Interesting how that Ford/dealer "relationship", magically, completely reverses, when there is a warrantee item "Ford won't cover".
  14. Completed 2 Jeep badge of honor trails this Thanksgiving weekend..

NICE!!! Planning on recovering all 11 jeeps at once, from the rear tow points? :p
  15. So what about CD (compact discs)? How to play them in the Bronco

Not Bronco specific, but ended up getting one of these for my new F250. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BRH1XPCM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1 Fits about half way into a cubby below main screen. (and there is space in there to cut out back of cubby, basically making it...
  16. TPMS sensor questions

Tire air pressure, belts, and rubber combine to make a continuous spring, all the way around a tire. It's what holds the wheel up, allows the tire to be "flatter" @ the point of road contact, and provides damping going over uneven terrain. A road force balancer puts 1400 lbs of force into a...
  17. TPMS sensor questions

For that kind of money, hope you are at least getting Road Force checked (and really, the full RF procedure done, if required).
  18. TPMS sensor questions

A "good" shop can get sensors out (or swap them) without even removing inner bead. No need to rebalance really (unless you are leaving sensors out, permanently). Just need a double bead ram/roller setup like this. This wheel is an extreme example, as it is an old school deep dish Bullitt. But...
  19. TPMS sensor questions

Any of you have issues getting a dedicated TPMS scan tool to "awake" the latest Ford sensors? I was always able to do this on a new sensor, even in the package. No longer the case, the new one's will not "wake up", until they are under pressure (inside tire).
  20. Bronco vs Jeep bump

Something to be said for "narrowed" front sheet metal. Anyone narrow a 6G front yet?