Sponsored

gtx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Max Tow Ecoboost Lariat
These are some incredible renderings. Hope you guys do a removeable top version too.
Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I am misunderstanding you but is there any data to show what your saying is true, that the preference is now back to smaller? The larger wheelbase 4 door Unlimiteds have been outselling the smaller Wrangler's by a large clip pretty much since the first JK model 2007. Even back then this wasn't a new phenomenon. During the CJ years, each new larger CJ model outsold (while coexisting with) its shorter wheelbase predecessor.

I could only find data up until 2012 but nothing I've seen suggests it has reversed. The preference for the bigger Jeeps have been about 30-40% above the 2 door versions ever since then to my knowledge.
Data for Ford yes, they no longer make the Bronco or Excursion, and even the Expedition has been slimmed down. The Edge, Freestyle, Escape came along. Freestyle dropped due to sales. It doesn't matter what Jeep makes, they will sell because they are a Jeep and they have a following. Jeep isn't quite like the Bronco crowd, where you have the EB following and the full size following..............and both groups are wanting their preference built by Ford in 2020. Hopefully one group will be happy, and not let both groups down.

ShelbyGTC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT-C, 2007 Corvette, 2002 GMC Sierra
As a long time Ford fan, this is exciting news. I’ve never owned a Bronco, but would definitely be interested in buying one if it looks anything like this concept does. Please build it Ford, and I believe you won’t regret it.

BroncoRico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I like the size these renders seem to depict. It seems like a 3/4 Bronco which may be a sweet spot not met by the Wrangler. The big dog for off road under the Ford label already has an offering. It's called the Raptor.

For me, the top has to be removable or it's a non-starter. Also, on the renders, that part of the bumper that seems dedicated to a winch or something seems to cut off a lot of clearance. I can't imagine that making it to the showroom.

mccarthy513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GMC Sierra LTZ, 2008 Saturn Outlook XR, 1995 Bronco
You have absolutely NAILED IT!!!! As long as they could keep the pricetag under $85K I would BUY!!! I've known, associated and bought my son a 1995, since I could drive (1986) and since the "dream Concept" saga started years ago, I have NEVER been in LOVE with any as I am with YOURS!!! Bravo!!!!!

Sponsored

Waynenoble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco
Been driving my old 79 for 25 years and refuse to buy a new vehicle. This one might change that, if Ford will produce it. Love the design and the tie to the gen 1's. would like to see it with a matte finish in black to get it a more rugged look.

Last edited:

Bronco4GOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco, 1995 F150
I love this concept...even more than the 2004 prototype. To be a real Bronco AND compete with the Wrangler, it MUST be available with two sticks, three pedals and a removable top. Also try to keep the electronic garbledy gook to a minimum except for the sound system. Lets hurry up and make these things available. My '89 gen4 wants a younger sibling.

stewlagoon

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tundra, 1976 Bronco, 1965 Chevy C10 Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi Bronco crew. I registered an account here just to tell the Admins and whomever created this thing how amazing it is. If Ford isn't watching, they're foolish. You've nailed this one, guys. Fucking bravo, seriously.
Same here and ditto...this is generating quite a buzz so I hope someone at the Blue Oval takes notice.

I went to the dark side (Toyota) ~12 years ago and have become quite the Land Cruiser fanboy but Broncos are in my blood (I've had 76, 78 and a 90 Bronco II, inherited Dad's 80 in high school and he had a 70 before that) - every time I see a rumor, reference, etc. I chase it down (to no avail until apparently now) and have always said a new Bronco done 'right' (in whatever size) would tempt the hell out of me to return to the fold. I'm really hoping with the general 'retro' industry trend for other revived nameplates and their wild success with the Raptor niche they'll do this right all around - both styling and performance.

Per the 'benchmark'/target being Wrangler Unlimited (4-door), referenced TTAC article and associated insider comments and as others have mentioned elsewhere it's realistically going to be a 4-door...so would love to see updates based on this likelihood.

Fisherman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
All renditions are impressive with detail and diversified. A wonderful job by all involved. I like the bronco6g retro grille that also reminds me of the first generation Ranger (1983) only with round headlights. Very nice body lines and hood bulge to make room for the engine. I like the bronco6g renderings the best only needing the removable top. The 2004 Bronco concept by Ford is more masculine with the broader shoulder cuts and more vertical lines but the lower front fender angles would never be used on a production version.

The Bronco is returning maybe in as early as late 2017 but much more likely closer to the end of 2018 as I believe Ford will be releasing the U.S. version of the Ecosport as a 2017 model with test mules currently operating in Michigan. The Ranger would likely be released next as Ford is late to the game as other manufacturers are creating their market share for their small/midsize trucks renaissance and racking up impressive sales numbers. Then the Bronco should arrive the following year only to be followed up by a body-on-frame SUV larger than the Bronco maybe similar to the last generation Bronco (1996) possibly available with a four door model all built on the F150 platform potentially with F150 body lines (similar to other "Bronco" renderings)and nose only to reuse the name Excursion. A fully capable off road Excursion somewhat smaller than the current Expedition. The fourth FoMoCo SUV is rumored to be an aproximate sized Explorer for the Lincoln Brand. It would be an all-new SUV that would likely be a little bigger with the new Continental 400hp/400ft.lbs engine and an unknown name at this time for this vehicle.

This is my take on the Bronco scenario for it's return to glory. Ford should not make it look anything like any current Ford model and use the bronco6g renderings for inspiration.

Great participation by all and I wish to thank everyone for their renderings and photos.

jpfrizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jpgrafx.spreadshirt.com
Vehicle(s)
Skateboard
I've never actually been a Ford lover, with a few exceptions of course like the Ford GT, Ford Raptor and the Bronco. However, on the other hand my brother has been a Ford lover for most of my life. Over the years I've seen American car makers modernize some of their classics, which they never appealed to me because they all look exactly the same, example: New mustang, new charger and challenger, new camaro. Without me going into full detail why I think they should of left the old classics a classic, I'll retort by saying that this new generation Bronco looks awesome. Ford you have my full attention with this rendering of the 6th generation Bronco!! I can only hope that Ford stays its course with this one. Keep up the great work on the Bronco 6! I will share it to Pinterest

Sponsored

scout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2 - MDX's
Please start a "Go-Fund-Me" page for this vehicle so we can have it before 2020!

tdameron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy Malibu
I'm in love! Way better than the 2004 concept. Brings all the best years together.

denhabr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Ford Bronco XL 5.0/E4OD Prerunner
Beautiful Artwork...Well Done!

All renditions are impressive with detail and diversified. A wonderful job by all involved. I like the bronco6g retro grille that also reminds me of the first generation Ranger (1983) only with round headlights. Very nice body lines and hood bulge to make room for the engine. I like the bronco6g renderings the best only needing the removable top. The 2004 Bronco concept by Ford is more masculine with the broader shoulder cuts and more vertical lines but the lower front fender angles would never be used on a production version.

The Bronco is returning maybe in as early as late 2017 but much more likely closer to the end of 2018 as I believe Ford will be releasing the U.S. version of the Ecosport as a 2017 model with test mules currently operating in Michigan. The Ranger would likely be released next as Ford is late to the game as other manufacturers are creating their market share for their small/midsize trucks renaissance and racking up impressive sales numbers. Then the Bronco should arrive the following year only to be followed up by a body-on-frame SUV larger than the Bronco maybe similar to the last generation Bronco (1996) possibly available with a four door model all built on the F150 platform potentially with F150 body lines (similar to other "Bronco" renderings)and nose only to reuse the name Excursion. A fully capable off road Excursion somewhat smaller than the current Expedition. The fourth FoMoCo SUV is rumored to be an aproximate sized Explorer for the Lincoln Brand. It would be an all-new SUV that would likely be a little bigger with the new Continental 400hp/400ft.lbs engine and an unknown name at this time for this vehicle.

This is my take on the Bronco scenario for it's return to glory. Ford should not make it look anything like any current Ford model and use the bronco6g renderings for inspiration.

Great participation by all and I wish to thank everyone for their renderings and photos.
I'm in violent agreement with Fisherman. Truly a work of art...clean, purposeful, realistic in concept, and very production ready looking. I really hope that Ford pays attention here to your renderings and gives us something very close to this (instead of some lukewarm derivation of the current Non-US Ranger pickup.) Hell, I'd even go for a larger body style, akin to my '96 XL...like a SWB F-150 2-door. The last thing Ford needs to deliver to us is a warmed over Bronco II!!! :mad:

My vote for at least a Raptor-style long travel suspension, or maybe even a solid axle (D44) approach. Hell, I'd flip if Ford resurrected the TTB 4x4 set-up and modernized it to suit 2016 technology. I love the TTB on my Bronco...further enhanced with an Autofab 18" long travel suspension system...and in that format, it works great. Solid as a rock, and takes a beating w/o issue. Wonder what a 2017+ version of the TTB would look like?

I'd think the Ecoboost 2.7 or 3.8 would be ideal for this new Bronco too...but would prefer a longitudinal placement of the engine rather than transverse. Oh, and how about a 5- or 6-speed manual transmission! I'd bite.

Well done Bronco6G!

kooba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepster Commando, Volvo V 70, Navigator
I don't understand all of the positive feedback. These look like a jacked up, Stomper truck that wants to be a Hummer, but isn't. The original Bronco was sleek and original. The Mrs. could cruise it easily in traffic with the kids, or it the whole family could take it down the dirt road to the lake, towing a boat. It was truly universal. This looks more like something for the man who needs a Charger to tell the world he is masculine. The 1966-1977 year Bronco worked well. It was instantly classic, hence why it is still so well loved and shows up still in media. To do it right, you only need to go get the drawings and specs of the 1966-1977, update the safety parts, keep dials/gauges simple, don't go crazy with plastic or stupid big, block letters that say Bronco, and wa-la, you are done. That's just it, a Bronco doesn't need to tell the world what it is, people know. Make this classic subtle and more true to the Bronco we love most. Also, the top must come off.

Last edited: