How much would you pay for a V8 in the Bronco?

?

Up to what would you pay for a V8 option?

1. $30k

8.0%
  2. $35k

20.0%
  3. $40k

20.0%
  4. $45k

24.0%
  5. $50k

24.0%
  6. $55k

36.0%
  7. $60k+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BmacIL

BmacIL New Member

Engineer
    Vehicle(s):
    15 Mustang GT
    New guy here, but one who's pretty well-informed on what's going on with the new Bronco. Also a regular on Mustang6G.

I wanted to poll you guys about what is the most you'd consider paying for a V8 in this thing? Not a troll post, actually trying to get data. Please be reasonable and honest.

Hack, loubif and Mustang313 like this.
  2. Mustang313

Mustang313 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Mustang GT (s197)
    Oh boy... first the manual rumors this week and now this! I would pay $55-$60k, which is what a decked out Jeep Wrangler Rubicon tops out at. But I'd much prefer an IFS for everyday civility and would DEFINITELY prefer a V8 over an Ecoboost.

I'll quote Lloyd Christmas when it comes to a V8 Bronco :)

[​IMG]

3. frankco2

frankco2 Member

Vehicle(s):
    Tacoma
    I'd shell out about 55K for a base V8 4 door (assuming there will be 2 door also). This would be totally unexpected with the direction Ford is going these days. What are the chances Bmac??

4. 05mustangman

05mustangman Member

First Name:
    Tyler
    Vehicle(s):
    2010 GT500, 2003 Ford Lightning
    I'm also new here but have been lurking for quite some time. Figured this would be a good time to start posting to give a little feedback here. I voted for $50k but $55k would also not be bad. Now that should be a Rubicon equivalent model for the Bronco, not a base model. If Ford wants to make the Bronco competition for the Wrangler, than it needs to be priced accordingly. But yes I would absolutely love to see the V8 in the Bronco. I would say a base model Bronco should start around maybe $30-35k. But for even $50-55k, I'll be there soon as I can put an order in!

5. BOFOL

BOFOL Member

Vehicle(s):
    2011 F-250
    @BmacIL do you know something we don't??? Don't play with our hearts :frown:

6. 4Wheeler

4Wheeler Member

Vehicle(s):
    Taco
    A LOT. The real question is what does OP know?

7. FL Trucker

FL Trucker Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    F-150 Raptor, Fusion
    Yea and he's definitely "well-informed." I say that as a Mustang6G member :)

This is an exciting question (and hopefully a tip)!

loubif likes this.
  8. phillyfx4

phillyfx4 Member

not to rain on the V8 parade here but doesn't the full size F 150 Raptor have a V6 turbo ? why would Ford put a V8 in a midsize ?

9. 05mustangman

05mustangman Member

First Name:
    Tyler
    Vehicle(s):
    Yes but the F-150 still offers a V8. Just not in the Raptor. So why shouldn't the Bronco do the same? At least give people the option of a V8.

10. loubif

loubif Member

Nice to see you over here @BmacIL!!!

11. Simmy

Simmy Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    All American
    it's the freakin least they can do after deciding to not give us a Ranger Raptor :headbang::curse::explode:

12. Datsundriver87

Datsundriver87 New Member

First Name:
    Richard
    Vehicle(s):
    Camaro
    i would be willing to pay in the 40's but i don't think that should be necessary... it really needs to come as a slightly more expensive option just like the f-150s, no reason to tack on an extra 10k on a v8.

13. 05mustangman

05mustangman Member

First Name:
    Tyler
    Vehicle(s):
    Right!? I think Ford missed a big opportunity not bringing the Ranger Raptor here.

But if they want to still push V6's and possible turbo 4's that's fine, but give us an option for people who prefer the V8. If they price it accordingly with the Rubicon, and the Ford dealers don't try to jack up the prices with markups, I'll be all over the Bronco as soon as possible!

That's the one thing Ford needs to get under control is Dealer Markups... Because if Ford prices the Bronco fully loaded V8 at say 55k, and the dealer wants a 10-15k markup, forget about it. Especially since I can go get a Rubicon for below invoice. But I would MUCH rather wait for the Bronco.

Stampede.Offroad likes this.
  14. BroncoBoy22

BroncoBoy22 New Member

Vehicle(s):
    '11 Mustang GT 5.0
    I think 45k would be my limit for a coyote in the new bronco. Hope it happens!!

15. Wanted33

Wanted33 Active Member

First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 F-150 Platinum, 2006 Mustang GT Coupe
    Would I be off base saying I feel Ford will bring the price of the Bronco in line with the Ranger 4-wheel drive prices. In line meaning that it will probably be a bit more because of the full top, but not a lot more because they are using the same platform for the Bronco as they do for the Ranger. One thing I haven't heard is how many trim levels the Bronco will have.

16. P79carter

P79carter New Member

First Name:
    Paul
    Vehicle(s):
    2004 Expedition; 2012 Fiat; 2012 Town & Country
    I don’t like it when manufactures lump engine options with trim levels. I would love a basic (in creature comforts 4door bronco with a v8 and a manual trans. V8’s sound amazing, and I have driven naturally aspirated ford v8’s over 350,000 miles with no major issues. I don’t know that a turbo engine would be as trouble free. I am waiting and will probably by a Bronco if it stays rugged even if a v8 is not an option. Sorry for rambling this whole topic has me reminiscing of my old 79 Bronco 460, 4spd.

17. 05mustangman

05mustangman Member

First Name:
    Tyler
    Vehicle(s):
    I definitely know what you mean. I'm still driving my 2003 Lightning everyday and it has over 220,000 miles with no major issues either. I've had probably 12 different Fords with V8's over the last 15 years and haven't had any issues with them. My mom however bought a 2016 Mustang ecoboost and had nothing but issues with that car. So I also would much rather drive a big bad V8 then have to deal with potential issues from a turbo motor.

18. MuhThugga

MuhThugga New Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle(s):
    2008 Silverado, 2004 GTO, 1981 El Camino
    $30-$35K is the max MSRP I would pay. That doesn't mean a $45K MSRP discounted down to $35K. That means an MSRP of $30K - $35K.

Can manufacturers get back to earth with their pricing so that people aren't relying on 84+ month loans just to "afford" a vehicle? Since when did owning a vehicle with an American V8 become a rich man's game? I enjoy my V8s, and something with 8 cylinders, 4WD, a manual transmission, and not an outrageous price tag would earn my business so long as the thing doesn't drive like dog shit. Just provide a simple vehicle that the average person can afford to drive everyday. Stop lumping options together and acting like the V8 will fit in the vehicle only if a Titanium badge is affixed at the same time. If people want to spend $50K on a truck, that's fine, but don't forget about those who also enjoy 8 cylinder engines and can't or won't dole out that kind of coin for an everyday car. My daily-driven truck is going on 11 years old. Make me want to trade it in.

19. Stampede.Offroad

Vehicle(s):
    VW Passat, formerly fullsize '84 Bronco
    I actually want to avoid the electronics that reviewers tend to go ga-ga for, and would love to have a V8. Modest amenities and simple reliable power. A V8 would be a big feature advantage over the competition.

20. JAGSarge

JAGSarge Well-Known Member

First Name:
    'Blu'
    Vehicle(s):
    Former 93 & 95 5th gen, 76 EB
    What's the cost difference between a 6 and an 8 in a F150, anyone know?

That'd be what I'm willing to pay ;) Not holding my breath though, I don't think the Ranger will have a V8 offering, will it? I played w/ the 'Build your Ranger' deal and I don't recall a V8 option, in fact regardless of XL, XLT or Lariat it only gave me the 2.3L EcoBoost as an option.

Maybe I messed up, But that's the only engine choice I saw regardless of 2 or 4WD.

And P79Carter. I agree 100%, can't stand the 'package' deals. Why can't we build a vehicle a la carte?