next week - NAIAS.....

1. phillyfx4

phillyfx4 Member

Will we get a peak @ the Ford Bronco ? …..any info meandering about ? :question:

2. Mustang313

Mustang313 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Mustang GT (s197)
    I'm guessing no. The just revealed new Ford Explorer is going to be the focus of Ford's display and I doubt they'd want to divert attention from it with anything Bronco related. Which the Bronco would definitely do.

3. 78CreamBrownie

78CreamBrownie Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL
    I will very disappointed if we don't get anything. At this point I am thinking the only info we might get will be a confirmation that the Baby Bronco Exists and the Big Brother is going to be under wraps for a while longer.

4. DuoMax

DuoMax New Member

Vehicle(s):
    Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
    I hate to say it, but I feel like Ford missed their best opportunity to capitalize on excitement surrounding the new Bronco and the overlanding bubble that Jeep helped build. Maybe I'm wrong, and I hope I am, but it just seems like they're too late to the party at this point.

Wanted33 likes this.
  5. Wanted33

Wanted33 Active Member

First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 F-150 Platinum, 2006 Mustang GT Coupe
    I was just reading some news releases from the Auto show, and it appears that Ford isn't going to have the Bronco there. As Mustang313 said, it's probably because they are pushing the Explorer at this show.

6. 007-FJC

007-FJC Member

First Name:
    Mo
    Vehicle(s):
    Toyota FJ Cruiser, Toyota 4Runner, Lexus LS, Peterbilt, V8 Cressida
    A little birdy (hefty trucker) is giving me hope.

[​IMG]

AUcruiser100, kdm_42089, Hack and 2 others like this.
  7. Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    VW Passat, formerly fullsize '84 Bronco
    That's why they had a separate event just for the Explorer on the 9th, and are following it up with the release of the special trims (hybrid and ST) at the auto show.

There are dozens of articles and videos about the Explorer that people will see before attention gets torn away by whatever limited info is given about the Bronco. Some of those reveals can even be given in the context of "will share the [XXXX] in the Explorer", like the 3.0 or hybrid engines.

8. 78CreamBrownie

78CreamBrownie Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL
    Looks like we might get more information that we expect about the Bronco. No idea how reptubible this site is, but they are reporting that the "buzz" is that Ford will showcase it.

The North American International Auto Show kicks off Monday, January 14, 2019, with the Press Preview. The buzz for this year’s event centers on the Ford Bronco. Industry insiders expect Ford Motor Company to showcase the return of the iconic brand to their model lineup for 2020.

https://www.thelascopress.com/2019/01/auto-show-buzz-the-ford-bronco/

Stampede.Offroad and Hack like this.
  9. Mustang313

Mustang313 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Mustang GT (s197)
    Jeep sold a quarter million Wranglers in 2018 and set an annual record! So there's plenty of the Jeep Wrangler pie to steal if they get the Bronco formula right. And the SUV bubble is still building.

10. BONESTOCK

BONESTOCK Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    94 Lightning, 04 Mach 1
  11. kdm_42089

kdm_42089 Member

First Name:
    Kaleb
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Dart
  12. Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    VW Passat, formerly fullsize '84 Bronco
    Hell, half the NAIAS debut lists I saw said they were still speculating about seeing the Explorer at Detroit, even though Ford unofficially announced a month ago that they would have a special launch event for it on the 9th. I even saw a couple of those lists published after the Explorer event saying it would debut at Detroit. High level of ignorance/incompetence out there.

Some Ford PR media employee still thinks we'll see it by next year, and it will be "part of the global portfolio" by 2020:

https://twitter.com/Ford/status/1083386919789256704

That cnet list for example only mentions 2 Ford models. Do you seriously think Ford will have nothing to say about the rest of their lineup at an auto show in their hometown? Not everything they have planned is going to be obvious or announced in advance.

kdm_42089 likes this.
  13. Nickp

Nickp New Member

First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle(s):
    Mazda 3
    I’m starting to think we might see it. They have kept this thing under SUCH tight wraps, moreso than probably any product in recent whether it be electronics or other vehicles. At the explorer reveal they said that there will be surprises at NAIAS, but what else could that really be? They have announced the GT 500, explorer trims, new F-150, it’s gotta either be the Bronco or the Mach-1.

14. Rocket

Rocket Member

First Name:
    Ralph
    Vehicle(s):
    Mustang, F-150, Bronco
    I don't think we will see it until later this year, seems like the GT500 will be the show stopper.

15. Bronco Logic

Bronco Logic Active Member

Well, Ford's reveal time was 8:40-9:05 and on the NAIAS live stream, only the Mustang and Explorer were featured. Maybe it'll get its on reveal later in the week...?