First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 Super Crew Latiat Lightning Blue FX4
Occupation
Register Nurse Emergency Room
Has anyone seen a TV commercial for the Ranger. Its strange they are for sale and no advertising?
Sponsored

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
Has anyone seen a TV commercial for the Ranger. Its strange they are for sale and no advertising?

It's probably the law of supply & demand. Commercials are intended to generate demand. There is not much supply at the dealers yet. I'm guessing you will see commercials around Superbowl weekend, timed to when there are more Rangers (supply) delivered at the dealerships. Viewers will see the commercials and increase demand. Dealers don't want buyers (demand) on their lots without something to send them home in.

Last edited:

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
It's not strange to me at this point. Based on the tracker map/thread, it would appear that most dealerships don't have have their trucks yet, and those that do only have one or two and they're the higher end ones. From a PR standpoint, I don't think it would be wise to tell the general public "Come buy this awesome new truck!" only to have them come to the dealership and be disappointed by the discovery that the dealership doesn't have any, or that they only have one and it's financially out of reach.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
I entered an online Ford sponsored contest in which I'm almost guaranteed (ha ha!) to be awarded an F-150 along with a trip to the Super Bowl! Fat chance, but hey, someone will win.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Demand is sky high so no reason to spend money on advertising!

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Saw my first ranger commercial on 60 minutes last night

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Saw my first Ranger commercials on Nascar, and 60 min.

OP
OP
tugger

tugger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 Super Crew Latiat Lightning Blue FX4
Occupation
Register Nurse Emergency Room
:clap:Saw my first Ranger commercial last night!!!

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
It's not strange to me at this point. Based on the tracker map/thread, it would appear that most dealerships don't have have their trucks yet, and those that do only have one or two and they're the higher end ones. From a PR standpoint, I don't think it would be wise to tell the general public "Come buy this awesome new truck!" only to have them come to the dealership and be disappointed by the discovery that the dealership doesn't have any, or that they only have one and it's financially out of reach.
It's very simple, it's called "bait and switch" . Ford will sell you a F150 on the spot. It's their cash cow.:wink:

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
When the Colorado debuted in 15, there was no advertising and no rebates. Now here we are, 4 years later and they are now advertised with a rebate of up to 7k. But not like the Silverado, which rebates twice as much.

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
When the Colorado debuted in 15, there was no advertising and no rebates. Now here we are, 4 years later and they are now advertised with a rebate of up to 7k. But not like the Silverado, which rebates twice as much.
I really hope Ford doesn't offer any rebates for the Ranger. I feel like it would be the smart thing to do. Toyota never does big discounts especially on the Tacoma. Do as Apple does, seems to work for them.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
I really hope Ford doesn't offer any rebates for the Ranger. I feel like it would be the smart thing to do. Toyota never does big discounts especially on the Tacoma. Do as Apple does, seems to work for them.
Except that Toyota is now offering $1,000 cash back on 2018 Tacoma, per a TV ad I saw over the weekend. Maybe that is a ploy, bait & switch tactic if there aren't any last year models left on the lots. Looks great when you throw it in front of a TV audience to maybe get a Ford buyer into a Toyota dealership, but the reality of the offer may be slim to none.
Sponsored