What car/truck are you replacing with the new Ranger?

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
2010 chevy 2x4 work truck, bought new with just 45,000 mile on it now. this weekend was it's last parade. Next year the Ranger will take over parade duties.

chevy truck.jpg

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
2015 Chevy Colorado Z71. Nice truck, rides nice, averages close to 23 mpg all around mileage. Truck before this was a 2011 F-150, but simply bigger than I needed and just barely fit between garage door opening.

20181015_140817.jpg

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Mine would be a 2013 Escape Titanium 4x4 in White Platinum with the 2.0 Ecoboost engine. Its been one heck of a car and fun to drive hard.

Xfitter

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Not replacing but adding to my 2017 Focus ST. Been real happy with it and I've always wanted a badass Ford truck so here I am :)

Some of you guys look like you'll be making a major upgrade from your older pickups :like:

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Not replacing but adding to my 2017 Focus ST. Been real happy with it and I've always wanted a badass Ford truck so here I am :)

Some of you guys look like you'll be making a major upgrade from your older pickups :like:
Yep, I'm older now and really looking for some creature comforts. My wife's 2016 Fusion energi titanium has me spoiled. :)

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
The most basic base model version of the 2003 Ford Ranger, lovingly known as the Gutless Wonder. I bought it new when I was in high school with 23 miles on the odometer, including the miles I added during the test drive. It's served me very well over the past 15 years and I'm going to be pretty dang sad to let it go, but I've got a family now and need the second row of seats. And I might be ever-so-slightly looking forward to the improvements in performance...

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered my Ranger, and then sold my 2015 Focus ST and picked up a beater '97 Explorer to drive around till it gets here. But I still have my Super Duty or my off road rig to fall back on.

WxNerd2015

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 Wrangler, 2017 Escape
Occupation
Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
No replacement here either! Adding and mine will be the new daily driver! Currently I drive a 2011 Jeep Wrangler (only a 2 door and need something with 4 doors soon) and my wife has a 2017 Ford Escape SE AWD!
20181013_141748.jpg

20180802_094952.jpg

WXman

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I have a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited that I leased in April. I have owned a couple of Rangers and a few F-150s and Mustangs in the past, and I still have a Mach 1 so being a Ford guy I really wanted the new Ranger. However, the dealers had NO information on the new truck whatsoever and Ford seemed to really dangle that carrot in front of our faces for way too long so I got sick of waiting and leased the all-new Wrangler JL Unlimited instead.

It appears from this forum that Spring 2019 is the earliest we'll see a good stock of Rangers on the lots, and by then I'll be 13 months into a 48 month lease. If I give an additional year for Ford to get all the bugs worked out of the new model that'll put me at half way through my current lease. Wranglers hold value so well that I'll likely be able to trade into a new Ranger early at that point in time.

20180808_131853[1].jpg

sfcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
I have a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited that I leased in April. I have owned a couple of Rangers and a few F-150s and Mustangs in the past, and I still have a Mach 1 so being a Ford guy I really wanted the new Ranger. However, the dealers had NO information on the new truck whatsoever and Ford seemed to really dangle that carrot in front of our faces for way too long so I got sick of waiting and leased the all-new Wrangler JL Unlimited instead.

It appears from this forum that Spring 2019 is the earliest we'll see a good stock of Rangers on the lots, and by then I'll be 13 months into a 48 month lease. If I give an additional year for Ford to get all the bugs worked out of the new model that'll put me at half way through my current lease. Wranglers hold value so well that I'll likely be able to trade into a new Ranger early at that point in time.

20180808_131853[1].jpg
Nice. always considered a Jeep especially due to their high resale. The latest I saw from a dealer about when to expect dealer inventory for the Ranger:

"I got a stock order scheduled for our dealership the first day of scheduling and it's scheduled for production on 12/03/2018. Considering the usual slow production start and ramp up for an all-new model and the fact that it could take possibly 6 weeks to achieve the "OK to Buy" status (achieved after the production line has 5 straight days of zero defects), along with the annual Christmas week shut down, I don't expect to see the "OK to Buy" until mid-to-late January. As such, I don't expect the new Ranger to hit the ground until February at the earliest and it will take months afterwards before Dealers have a decent inventory in stock. Time will tell."

So your Spring estimate sounds about right for when we'll see a good amount of stock out there.

BlakeRom

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma

20180808_131853[1].jpg
Except its not really a year one model. This trucks kinda old and been proven. I'm in the same boat though. My 2018 tacoma is a lease. I'm already positive on it though. Got it back in March. Trading in early would save me $5k in taxes or waiting until lease end I can possibly make $6k resale. Minus of course the $5k in tax.

Ugga Mugga

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
No replacement here either! Adding and mine will be the new daily driver! Currently I drive a 2011 Jeep Wrangler (only a 2 door and need something with 4 doors soon) and my wife has a 2017 Ford Escape SE AWD!
20181013_141748.jpg
That Jeep is freakin cool! Looks like we got some Jeep guys here. I wonder how many Jeep enthusiasts will cross over to the Ranger side instead of going with the new Jeep Pickup.

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Personally I have only ever owned a truck (2 Rangers) or sports car....until my current vehicle. Knew we were going to have kids and bought a 4 door Altima. I have had the car almost 9 years now but it will go away in favor of a new Ranger. Ready to be back in a truck!
Sponsored