First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Bronco II was a great vehicle for it's time but the new Bronco isn't going to be remotely like or similar to the Bronco II. With removeable top and doors it's aimed right at Wrangler,

Mr. Flow

Black Diamond
First Name
Sky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Tundra 5.7 L
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope you are right. Everything I am finding suggests that they may have done decent market research and are hoping to:
1. Appeal to the “classic Bronco” styling that has shown great popularity
2. Refine the look to be classic with modern amenities
3. Compete directly with Jeep

It seems that the “Baby Bronco” may not appeal to classic Bronco fans. But the “New Bronco” should have a decent stance, removable top, square looks, and some power under the hood.

I have no issue with the engine representing modern refinements and economical features.
Would love to roll in something that can hold its own off road and on, without looking like the competition!

Go for it Ford! You can do this.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I truly appreciate and look forward to seeing any and everything you post.

Obviously, you are a valuable and trusted connection for information as opposed to the usual rumors that always precede any new vehicle, especially the rebirth of an old friend.

If they build a RCSB version of the Tremor, I’ll do whatever it takes to get one in my garage. Then put the wife into a new Bronco that is if I can convince her to give up on Subaru SUV’s… LOL!

Sponsored

MattyIce

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
lmao. "this is going to be a compact suv". this whole time everyone knew it was going to be built off the ranger platform. also from what ive heard the raptor is only like 2-2.5 inches wider than the ranger. lmao, compact suv.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... from what ive heard the raptor is only like 2-2.5 inches wider than the ranger. lmao, compact suv.
The 'new' version could be, but the current international Ranger Raptor is only 1 inch narrower than the F150 Raptor. Great for a pre-runner, but kind of ridiculous for anything else. It's one of the big reasons I have no interest in the Bronco receiving "Raptor" treatment, its track would be almost as wide as the wheelbase was long (86:96 approx).

The potential for a tricked out Tremor Bronco seems more appealing personally.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No, it will be like the first-gen Broncos, not sure why people still don’t understand this.
Right, Bronco II's were nearly dimensionally identical to Gen one Broncos. Those begging for a "full size" Bronco are actually advocating Ford's cost cutting strategy in 1979 to use F-150 parts on the Bronco. Narrower and lighter makes huge sense for an off road vehicle. I'm not a huge Eco-boost fan (too many moving parts) but the 2.3 EB will have more power than the V-8's of old.

Sponsored

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nobody Is talking About A two Wheel Drive Or All Wheel Drive Bronco For The Everyday Driver Now You Can Feed The Masses Now You Can Upgrade The Trim Levels Without The Expense Of 4 Wheel Drive How About A Gladiator Fighter?

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... How About A Gladiator Fighter?
From the Ranger maybe. The Gladiator is as long as a limousine compared to what the Bronco will be like though. The test mules would suggest it will be shorter than the Wrangler Unlimited.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yet, this still doesn't stop me from wanting a FSB or from talking about the possibilities of where it could fit into the lineup...

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yet, this still doesn't stop me from wanting a FSB or from talking about the possibilities of where it could fit into the lineup...
Would a 2-door Expedition work? That is the model that replaced the FSB when people decided they needed their SUVs to be able to transport a busload of people.

The Expedition has a fairly good tow rating in its current form, and that was one of the features you were looking for. It also has independent suspension for smooth road handling.
Sponsored