First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One big thing that sticks out to me in the shadow is the cowl bump on the hood... that wasn't on any iteration of the first gen bronco. Also, the dip right in front of the windshield... that tells me that there's a cowl area to tuck away some windshield wipers. That's more of a modern integration
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
One big thing that sticks out to me in the shadow is the cowl bump on the hood... that wasn't on any iteration of the first gen bronco. Also, the dip right in front of the windshield... that tells me that there's a cowl area to tuck away some windshield wipers. That's more of a modern integration
As I’ve stated I think the design language will be like the mustang or JL wrangler. It will be a modern design with styling inspiration from the past. But still overall a modern build.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah that's true. Kind of like the rendering on here. I hope it has that same hood. It's just odd how retro that shadow looks.

Idahorocks

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
05E49334-E4C5-4A39-9503-A73370D69C29.jpeg
I’ve been thinking about the relative size of the past Broncos and how that compares to the current Ranger, the ugly mule, and the covered teaser. The wheelbase is known for the past Broncos and current Ranger and can be scaled to normalize size. The ugly mule body ahead of the b-pillar can be scaled to fit Ranger. And the covered teaser can be assumed to have the same wheelbase as the mule. This way all can be relatively scaled. Two beers later and I had the montage above.

Idahorocks

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The silhouettes of the Broncos are shown scaled, lined up on the rear axel, and overlapping below. Green is a ‘96, blue is an early Bronco, gray is the mule, and brown is the covered teaser. For what it’s worth it gives me a better picture of the relative difference compared to the full size. I’m happy to see the relative size is closer to my ‘74 but would also be happy to see something that fit the ‘92 I had in college.
A234047B-871D-4DBD-9660-7883BE5489A4.jpeg

Sponsored

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great. An early bronco with a little more wheelbase is exactly what I’m hoping for.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Very nicely done. That looks about perfect for the size I'm hoping it'll be.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also makes me think perhaps the 4 door will stretch to around FSB length... now if only I could get the width to go with it!

akakooper

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H2 and Ford F350 Dually
Also makes me think perhaps the 4 door will stretch to around FSB length... now if only I could get the width to go with it!
I have read ever single comment on here. It has been a long week.......but, are we looking at getting a 2door version or both a 2 door and 4 door. I don't care midsize/fullsize, the number of doors is what I'm trying to determine. tia

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have read ever single comment on here. It has been a long week.......but, are we looking at getting a 2door version or both a 2 door and 4 door. I don't care midsize/fullsize, the number of doors is what I'm trying to determine. tia
Both 2 and 4. We haven't seen one of the short mules here in the US yet, but there are significant indicators that both will be built.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
IIRC Ford themselves confirmed we will get both.

3crows

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon, Toyota Tacoma
Vehicles have gotten way too large, too wide, too long, too heavy, too bloated. I hate the Kenworth look, gigantic chrome grills and low hanging bumpers and air dams. My garage is a three car, it is huge by any standard and yet a full size truck will not go in it and leave me room to open the door to get in and out. Yet is can swallow a Kubota tractor with loader, zero turn mower, five motorcycles, a 20 foot Boston Whaler and two mid-size vehicles with room left for another motorcycle!

I will not purchase a full size vehicle, we are little people, what used to be called normal size, I have no need for an aircraft carrier sized truck and Ford builds that already. If it will not fit between the trees and rocks on the trail and turn around on a deadhead trail, what good is it, just another mall crawler.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Trucks of all kinds were getting more doors. Pickups, SUVs, vans -- doors, doors, doors! Which is odd, because the family size has been decreasing for decades in the US.

Maybe it's another form of conspicuous consumption. I often wonder the same thing about why so many SUVs and crossovers have three rows of seating now instead of cargo space. How often do these people really need to bus 6-8 people around, compared to some furniture / groceries / hardware / dog?

I know plenty of people who were trucked around in the seatless back end of a SUV, van or pickup, and most of them aren't brain damaged by the experience. :crazy:
We actually set lawn chairs in the back of a 1951 Willy's Wagon...brain damaged? May have been a pre existing condition.

Knowing the bean counters ultimately make decisions: How about using a 105ish inch wheelbase, shortened Ranger chassis, with two or four doors using the same wheelbase (as the 1984++ Cherokees did) and you could add a regular cab pickup version to fight the gladiator and fill the regular cab niche missing in the Ranger line-up. All on one chassis (shortened Ranger) requiring only unique bodywork.
Sponsored