Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can somebody please explain to me all of these non-congruent renderings? Ford has stated that the top will remove or have removable panels and doors that can be removed. We also know the vehicle is to be Ranger based. So, then, why do all of the renderings show an OJ style, full size vehicle with a non-removable/convertible top and doors that clearly cannot be removed?

Uh, Ford, please build a Bronco that looks like the ORIGINAL Bronco that has a cloth top and hard top that could be switched out and doors that easily snapped off, where is that artist rendering? That is the one I want to see.

J
Most of the older renderings were done prior to any information being released, so there was really nothing to base a rendering on at all. They were simply wild-assed guesses, based on the artist's vision of what a Bronco might possibly could look like.

Now that there is a touch of fairly reliable data regarding some basic features, my guess is the render monkeys already got tired of the Bronco and moved on to other shenanigans.

P.S. all doors are technically "removable", even if you have to open them and back up between two trees. :devil:
Sponsored

3crows

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon, Toyota Tacoma
Thanks for the input, lol. There is some sort of disconnect going on with the renderings for whatever reason. OJ is not in the market for a Bronco, I would bet on that and I am not in the market for OJs Bronco either for that matter.

Yes, trees are good at removing doors and rocks like to bash them in and that is one of the reasons the Wrangler (and original Bronco) has convertible (removable ) doors that were inset from the wheel line plus increased visibility when maneuvering in close quarters to said trees and rocks.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the input, lol. There is some sort of disconnect going on with the renderings for whatever reason. OJ is not in the market for a Bronco, I would bet on that and I am not in the market for OJs Bronco either for that matter.

Yes, trees are good at removing doors and rocks like to bash them in and that is one of the reasons the Wrangler (and original Bronco) has convertible (removable ) doors that were inset from the wheel line plus increased visibility when maneuvering in close quarters to said trees and rocks.
Oh boy. You're probably going to hear about the OJ Bronco from some die-hard fullsize people.

Having had no fewer than seven early Broncos, I'm familiar with the benefits. I just hope for doors and a top that are easier to remove - quick-release hinges, maybe fiberglass or aluminum construction with steel impact beams to meet safety specs yet still lightweight. There's probably no easy fix for a removable roof, unless it is just removable panels that leave a family roll cage. There are lots of potential owners that just don't have a place to store a full removable top, I'm trusting Ford and/or the aftermarket to provide options for everyone.

3crows

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Mike, I hear you bud but, removable convertible doors and roofs are not rocket science, if Chrysler can figure out how to do it (well, I guess AMC really figured it out for them) then I think Ford probably can. Maybe? Yet to be seen.

There already is a full size Bronco, it is the bloated, massive Ford F150, or go get a Raptoid, and put a cap on the back and a Bronco sticker on the side. What Ford does not have and what is sorely needed in the market is a Wrangler alternative, a Wrangler class vehicle equal or better than the Wrangler with real off-road capability like the Wrangler and about the size of the Wrangler with easy customization via the aftermarket like the Wrangler with doors that come off and on easy and a top that folds, pops, explodes or whatever as long as it is removable like a Wrangler and has a solid front axle like a dang Wrangler even if it is only in the top off-road package availability. The Wrangler sells because it is an adventure vehicle, a lifestyle vehicle, a blank canvass with real capability beyond the mall parking lot.

I should just buy another Wrangler, I know Ford is going to disappoint me with yet another boring, bloated, jelly bean crossover but holding off in hopes they actually do have a few rocket scientists around that can figure out a convertible/removable top. Oh, well, I will quit picking on y'all for a bit, carry on with the OJ dreams, automatic opening tailgates and fru-fru entertainment consoles with wifi and Bluray and red tooth and a built in blender with automatic parallel parking for Gen Xers who cannot stir a stick shift or park. Maybe if Ford did not build such fluffed up trucks they would not need automatic parking.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey, my ideal "new" Bronco would have a Line-X interior, mesh seats, and the instrumentation would be a waterproof iPad that runs something like TorquePro. As minimalist as possible. I guess a hard top would be a nice thing to have for a few months out of the year. I've sort of become accustomed to power windows, if there are going to be doors.

Heh. It's looking more and more like the right thing to do is to just dump a bunch of $$ into my '71. I've been watching a friend's commentary on the NORRA 1000 (Baja) and thinking how fun it would be to run it.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Y’all are a bunch of fucking wimps. I want sheet metal floorboards, a wooden bench seat, wood spoked wheels, a hand cranked starter for the engine, no windows, doors, or roof either! All these modern amenities are simply not needed. And it needs to be a V8 and it should cost less than it did back in 1967 everything nowadays is too expensive.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Y’all are a bunch of fucking wimps. I want sheet metal floorboards, a wooden bench seat, wood spoked wheels, a hand cranked starter for the engine, no windows, doors, or roof either! All these modern amenities are simply not needed. And it needs to be a V8 and it should cost less than it did back in 1967 everything nowadays is too expensive.
I think I have everything to put that together tonight. Pretty sure you can turn it over with the hand crank I'd build, but probably not start it. Just park on a hill. You think you're gonna need a fancy-pants clutch, or are you okay with just jamming it into gear?

The girlfriend is going to have a problem with the dining room table and chairs missing their legs, though.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think I have everything to put that together tonight. Pretty sure you can turn it over with the hand crank I'd build, but probably not start it. Just park on a hill. You think you're gonna need a fancy-pants clutch, or are you okay with just jamming it into gear?

The girlfriend is going to have a problem with the dining room table and chairs missing their legs, though.
I actually want there to be no transmission at all, too complex. I just want the engine to go bolt straight to the driveshaft. That’s why I don’t want any windows, it’ll start moving quick once you get it started!

3crows

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stripped down, nah, purpose driven, and functional, yes. But a Line-X interior option would be nice. I had my Rubicon Line-X sprayed on the interior, works good. Then I did the snap out Bed Rug flooring. And a configurable Apple/Android (pick your option) dock with integration would be much better and updatable than a built in and obsolete before delivered built in electronic profit center.

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
I think the gen 1 Bronco has GREAT potential, pics I posted are renders, yes, I know, not real but the body lines tend to be very similar to the "tarp teaser", yeah the front end/grill is based on the old 2004 concept but come on, no denying the new upcoming Bronco has potential of some bad-@ssery!
122f892c-2021-ford-bronco-render-2-300x163.jpg
7aca0790-2021-ford-bronco-render-4-300x163.jpg

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the gen 1 Bronco has GREAT potential, pics I posted are renders, yes, I know, not real but the body lines tend to be very similar to the "tarp teaser", yeah the front end/grill is based on the old 2004 concept but come on, no denying the new upcoming Bronco has potential of some bad-@ssery!
122f892c-2021-ford-bronco-render-2-300x163.jpg
7aca0790-2021-ford-bronco-render-4-300x163.jpg
Those renders are by far the most ugly of the ones. Zero chance they look like that and for good reason.

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
My point is that the Bronco will have the potential to look and be as "aggressive" as any Wrangler offering depending how far you take it, yes those renders are not based on what the Bronco will end up looking like but just showing the other end of the spectrum, a base Wrangler looks pretty bland to me unless you start modding it or start with a higher trim level. I think a base Bronco with a wheel and a +1 off road tire swap will make a world of difference, just like it does with a Wrangler.
Sponsored