First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m going to assume since there is an orange Baby Bronco that there will be an orange actual Bronco. 100% the color I’m going with.
Sponsored

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
IMO I wonder if Ford just made the initial announcement, back in 1/2017, way too early.
Yes. In the same time frame Jeep brought out a new Gen, a Pick-Up, and is staging up a Diesel.
4 year wait from initial announcement is a pretty long time. The Troller discussions preceded that.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes. In the same time frame Jeep brought out a new Gen, a Pick-Up, and is staging up a Diesel.
4 year wait from initial announcement is a pretty long time. The Troller discussions preceded that.
The JL was in design for quite some time, and was an evolutionary product - not a ground-up new vehicle. The pickup was a tad bit more complex, but I would bet it didn't take shape in a couple years. The Diesel has been rumored for at least 10 years, and I believe they officially promised it in the Wrangler for 2018 when their debacle hit. That engine has been in Rams and the Grand Cherokee for years and is still vaporware in Wrangler - unless you're talking about the rumors of a new smaller Diesel that we probably won't see until '22 .

Ford was put in the corner with UAW's surprise announcement that they would be building the Bronco - it put Ford in reactionary mode. Was it the right choice to confirm UAW's assertion? Impossible to tell how it would have gone if Ford had remained silent, but you can bet there were some serious politics behind both UAW's pointedly intentional cat-release party and Ford confirming it.

Jimmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fronty/ FiST/ Z
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am concerned that Ford is waiting too long to introduce the new Bronco. Nissan has done the same with the Frontier and 370Z.
The economy is slowing, fuel prices are stable however.
As far as holding value, I have had 3 Wranglers over the past 15 years. No problems with them, and the best resale of any vehicle I have owned. Never have had a Tacoma or FJ, but the Jeeps have been amazing.

Bring on the Bronco!

I am ready to buy, the second model year....
Sponsored