Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was lucky enough to have an early reservation holder back out of his purchase. It happened to be my exact spec, so I purchased it from Newberg Ford in Oregon with no mark up. Thank you Casey! I've noticed nothing wrong with the vehicle. I've enjoyed every aspect of it. The tires do collect rocks. These will be replaced. I plan on turning this into an overland vehicle.

Follow along as I continue the build!

Badlands - Carbonized Grey
2.7 Liter Hard Top
Lux and Leather Package
Sasquatch

Ford Bronco Updates - NW Bronco F1
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finished installing the security drawer with Dometic fridge and slide. All these products are high quality and easy to install. The weight limit is only 50lbs for the top of the drawer. Trust me, this thing is heavy and will support WAY more than 50lbs. Next project will be the fold down tailgate table. This should be done today or tomorrow. More to come!

Ford Bronco Updates - NW Bronco B1

Ford Bronco Updates - NW Bronco B2

Ford Bronco Updates - NW Bronco B3

Ford Bronco Updates - NW Bronco B4

Ford Bronco Updates - NW Bronco B5

Ford Bronco Updates - NW Bronco B6

OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finished the tailgate table install. No rattling to report. BUT this can be tricky. You have to drill four 7/8 holes into the Bronco. If you mess this up.....:unsure: Make sure you have a drill that can take a 7/8 bit. Other than that, it looks and works great.

Because I have the Lux package, it's unable to accept the Ford / Warren winch. So I ordered the cruise control sensor relocation kit. I'll post some photos after I get it installed. Then it's off to the dealership for the winch install. NOTE: The dealership will not relocate the sensor.

Ford Bronco Updates - NW Bronco 87a08a92-1ad3-4e0d-882a-481436ab3405

Ford Bronco Updates - NW Bronco 56e832a5-cc2e-4213-a064-7b1e3a6156f5

Ford Bronco Updates - NW Bronco 416b7277-76f4-4d5a-89b3-6228e0f6e499

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Looks great exciting times and really great looking Bronco.

OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Learned a lesson and had to change things a bit. The Dometic slide out drawer rattled over every bump in the road. There's no way I could handle this off road for hours. I removed the drawer and added a rubber floor to the top of the box. The rubber is double sided taped down. The fridge is secure even with only one strap on each end of the fridge. Drove around town and the rattle is gone.

Now I can take the fridge out for the dogs or cargo. (y)

Ford Bronco Updates - NW Bronco F1

Ford Bronco Updates - NW Bronco F2

Ford Bronco Updates - NW Bronco F3

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was lucky enough to have an early reservation holder back out of his purchase. It happened to be my exact spec, so I purchased it from Newberg Ford in Oregon with no mark up. Thank you Casey! I've noticed nothing wrong with the vehicle. I've enjoyed every aspect of it. The tires do collect rocks. These will be replaced. I plan on turning this into an overland vehicle.

Follow along as I continue the build!

Badlands - Carbonized Grey
2.7 Liter Hard Top
Lux and Leather Package
Sasquatch

View attachment 240905
Wow! That is super cool, Brian.

Maineah

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Learned a lesson and had to change things a bit. The Dometic slide out drawer rattled over every bump in the road. There's no way I could handle this off road for hours. I removed the drawer and added a rubber floor to the top of the box. The rubber is double sided taped down. The fridge is secure even with only one strap on each end of the fridge. Drove around town and the rattle is gone.

I've been dying to ask someone if there is enough room for dogs when this is installed. Is there plenty of room for your dog(s)? I have a german shepherd and medium sized mutt...You think there is still enough room for 2 medium/large dogs with that installed?

Mdh186

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

So you’re no longer using the slide out drawer? I was hoping to incorporate the slide, but wasn’t sure if the rattle was a result of direct metal to metal contact, which should be capable of being improved, or something else.

I saw another on where they mounted it offset and overhanging the bronco box in order to be able to fully open the lid. Is that the CFX 45 or 55? Any restrictions with opening the lid in current configuration?

Also, link to the drawer cover please that adheres with double sided tape? I’m interested in doing something similar.

Thanks! Looks like a great setup

OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been dying to ask someone if there is enough room for dogs when this is installed. Is there plenty of room for your dog(s)? I have a german shepherd and medium sized mutt...You think there is still enough room for 2 medium/large dogs with that installed?
I have two big doodles. They have enough room. Head space is a touch lower than they are used to, but they will fit. (y) Heck, if our big guy fits....

Ford Bronco Updates - NW Bronco C9E0FA1E-3110-4FED-8299-A6B532EADD6A

Sponsored
OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you’re no longer using the slide out drawer? I was hoping to incorporate the slide, but wasn’t sure if the rattle was a result of direct metal to metal contact, which should be capable of being improved, or something else.

I saw another on where they mounted it offset and overhanging the bronco box in order to be able to fully open the lid. Is that the CFX 45 or 55? Any restrictions with opening the lid in current configuration?

Also, link to the drawer cover please that adheres with double sided tape? I’m interested in doing something similar.

Thanks! Looks like a great setup
It’s a Dometic 35. There’s no issues opening the lid without the drawer. Plus, I was able to move the fridge over more to the left without the drawer. Honestly, this is a better set up. Looks cleaner and it’s nice being able to remove it easily for cargo. I doubt you would fit any fridge larger than a 35. Whatever the length is of the 35, that’s about it.

As for the rubber on top, it’s like a really thin stall mat. Easy to trim and durable. You can find it at Home Depot in the flooding section. It’s on a roll a employee has to cut off what you want.

Hope this helps! 😀

Mdh186

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s a Dometic 35. There’s no issues opening the lid without the drawer. Plus, I was able to move the fridge over more to the left without the drawer. Honestly, this is a better set up. Looks cleaner and it’s nice being able to remove it easily for cargo. I doubt you would fit any fridge larger than a 35. Whatever the length is of the 35, that’s about it.

As for the rubber on top, it’s like a really thin stall mat. Easy to trim and durable. You can find it at Home Depot in the flooding section. It’s on a roll a employee has to cut off what you want.

Hope this helps! 😀
Right on - hadn’t considered the 35, but sounds like there is plenty of capacity.

Appreciate the info and detail. Clean setup.

OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I highly recommend this product for your 8-12 inch dash screen. Each package comes with two sets and everything you need is included. Super easy to apply and no bubbles. Exact fit!

It's available on Amazon here: Screen Protection

Ford Bronco Updates - NW Bronco S1

Ford Bronco Updates - NW Bronco S2

Ford Bronco Updates - NW Bronco S3

Ford Bronco Updates - NW Bronco Screenshot (31)

OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I have the leather package, thought I'd share my thoughts. With the leather package, you get leather / electric seats, carpet flooring, and a fold down rear arm rest with cup holders.

This only applies to the four door Bronco. The two door options are not the same.

Leather Seats
  • Very similar to a Jeep Rubicon. Nice looking and comfy to sit in. The electric seats have plenty of adjustments and lumbar support. A+
Carpet Flooring
  • I have the Ford rubber floor mats and forget the carpet is even there. After driving both models with and without carpet, I will say the cabin seems a touch quieter with the carpet. I do recommend the Ford rubber floor mats. They stay in place nicely and provide nice coverage.
Rear Fold Down Arm Rest w/ Cup Holders
  • I think every model should come with a rear arm rest with cup holders. Since they don't, the leather package solves the problem. They are what they are and seem to work just fine. Recommended.
If you are lookng for a touch more comfort while on the trails, the leather package does a good job. Maybe a touch quieter in the cabin and if you have kiddos, the rear cup holders are a must. For serious off roading with heavy mud / water involved, stick with MGV. Those washout floors may come in handy.

Ford Bronco Updates - NW Bronco A1

Ford Bronco Updates - NW Bronco A2

Ford Bronco Updates - NW Bronco e2b375d1-3316-4c0f-abc9-6b9ad645521f
Sponsored

Last edited: