Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah Ford kinda screwed those of us that want Badlands and mansquatch. The issue is some of us want a manual transmission AND a high package. Badlands is all you can get. I would have settled with BD but you can’t even get a mid package with MT on that one. Honestly I would have settled for mid package on BD because I really don’t need the disconnect. They are forcing us that want the MT and creature comforts to go way up in trim.
I hear ya. In my case I wanted a loaded up Bronco AND wanted to row my own gears
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was definitely disappointed in basically Ford charging me for an Automatic, which is BS. And yes, with the Badlands, I have almost every Sasquatch component.

But I've been saving my pennies since 2016 and figured I'd get the official ManSquatch rig.
Yeah Ford kinda screwed those of us that want Badlands and mansquatch. The issue is some of us want a manual transmission AND a high package. Badlands is all you can get. I would have settled with BD but you can’t even get a mid package with MT on that one. Honestly I would have settled for mid package on BD because I really don’t need the disconnect. They are forcing us that want the MT and creature comforts to go way up in trim.
Yeah I was super bummed and complained about it for a solid week.. Was hoping to get a Black Diamond Mansquatch, but with the pricing it made more sense to get a Badlands (w/o Sas) and putting on my own tires afterwards.

There is something to be said about having a factory warranty for the entire vehicle though, and due to the pricing you probably have the rarest Bronco available other than the 2021 soft-top-delete Wildtrak Broncos that were provided to dealers.

OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats! I'm planning to self-squatch with a 1" front level, and shopping for another set of wheels and at least 35s, so please let me know how you like the 7MT with 35s. Do yourself a favor, and look into a Sprint Booster - It totally added a much needed Sport and Race Mode, and is programmable to take as much of the lag in throttle response away, as you'd like. Also has stock mode, Valet mode (limits power) and Pedal lock out mode.

1641913928040.png
Thanks, I'll look into that. I already have Forscan loaded and ready to add sport mode. I'm interested to see how Sport mode works with a manual. I use sport mode in my wife's Explorer ST and it's fun, but not sure it's best for daily driving on how it holds the gears. With a manual, you obviously can control that.

OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is something to be said about having a factory warranty for the entire vehicle though, and due to the pricing you probably have the rarest Bronco available other than the 2021 soft-top-delete Wildtrak Broncos that were provided to dealers.
Funny, I just learned about that rare Wildtrak mannequin a few days ago in the TC Customs video.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, I'll look into that. I already have Forscan loaded and ready to add sport mode. I'm interested to see how Sport mode works with a manual. I use sport mode in my wife's Explorer ST and it's fun, but not sure it's best for daily driving on how it holds the gears. With a manual, you obviously can control that.
Also super curious about this, should let us know how Sport and Baja mode all works once you get a chance to try it out.

I've driven a handful of Fords in sport mode, and it does feel like it is 90% transmission tuning. I imagine on the manual it just makes the steering and throttle response a little better, perhaps the Bronco is willing to spin up the turbo a little quicker than it normally would. But I suspect the difference is a lot less noticeable with a manual.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also super curious about this, should let us know how Sport and Baja mode all works once you get a chance to try it out.

I've driven a handful of Fords in sport mode, and it does feel like it is 90% transmission tuning. I imagine on the manual it just makes the steering and throttle response a little better, perhaps the Bronco is willing to spin up the turbo a little quicker than it normally would. But I suspect the difference is a lot less noticeable with a manual.
I'm thinking the same, not much more than throttle and steering. If there's turbo differences, I'll let you know.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Sprint Booster has 9 settings in Sport Mode, and 9 settings in Race mode. Totally different experience now, and really makes you feel connected to the throttle. If you still aren't happy with the response after adding legit Sport GOAT mode, this device will fix that right up! I'm not gonna mess with Forscan now, since this thing gave me all the response I was looking for and programmable for even more , with the added Valet and Pedal lock modes.

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dr. Mr. Metal Horses, congrats on your Mansquatch. To honor this historic, long overdue moment, Wide Open Roads would like to reward you with a tee shirt or 3/4 sleeve tee of this vehicle. DM me your address and shirt size. It will look like this.

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 10.06.08 AM.png
Love the shirt, for obvious reasons. Will be ordering one.

OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Sprint Booster has 9 settings in Sport Mode, and 9 settings in Race mode. Totally different experience now, and really makes you feel connected to the throttle. If you still aren't happy with the response after adding legit Sport GOAT mode, this device will fix that right up! I'm not gonna mess with Forscan now, since this thing gave me all the response I was looking for and programmable for even more , with the added Valet and Pedal lock modes.
That's awesome. Even though I will run premium fuel 100% of the time, this isn't my daily driver and I'm not expecting to drag race anyone. I wasn't initially going to Forscan the Sport mode in figuring I wouldn't need it, but if it provides a more spirited experience, I'm all for it.

Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everything you just said is true although I haven’t noticed the turbo generating boost any sooner than normal. Steering firms up a bit and the throttle response is sharper. It makes it harder to get buttery smooth shifts but it feels like it stays in the power band easier. If you do them back to back you feel a definite difference. Eco mode on the other hand feels lethargic and doesn’t generate any better gas mileage from my most recent road trip test

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice, good to know they are building them. When I added squach to my manual 2 door I wondered if that would push it out till mid-year. This gives me hope.

OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice, good to know they are building them. When I added squach to my manual 2 door I wondered if that would push it out till mid-year. This gives me hope.
Since I had a night 1 reservation, I went for all of the delay goodies. Lux, Hitch, Sas

Logan@Lethal

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My ManSquatch arrived overnight. Is this possibly the first Manual Sasquatch?

1641911215679.png

1641911230156.png

1641911247350.png
Wow! Amazing color and awesome transmission choice. I'm glad Ford brought back the manmission for the Bronco rebirth! #Teamlethal

-Andrew@Lethal

OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow! Amazing color and awesome transmission choice. I'm glad Ford brought back the manmission for the Bronco rebirth! #Teamlethal

-Andrew@Lethal
Thanks. I was all in for a 2-door manual right from the beginning with my night 1 reservation. I held off to 2022 for the Manual Sasquatch and hoped that the Modular hardtop would be available. 1 out of 2 ain't bad.
Sponsored