First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will you be making these shirts in Eruption Green? Please!
It's on our list... I'll tag you when they're available.

Thank you for your interest!
Sponsored

BOT_ROCKET

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Fusion Sport, 90 Fox 5.0 Lx Hatch, 99 Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This. I've tried to tell people but have gotten ridiculed. Fine, it's your money.

A good IC coupled with a tune is what you want. I'm looking forward to see the first RS turbo swap too, should be a few cheap HP. It won't be me though, I want to keep the power level stock to maximize economy.
Does the RS turbo bolt on? We Fusion Sport owners like to swap the 2.7 turbo for the MKZ 3.0 turbo, but the transverse turbos are different than the lateral turbos. I bet the Explorer ST turbo would bolt up no problem, though.

Oh, I just realized you are probably talking about the 2.3...

OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice mall queen.
Not even close. Getting full PPF, this thing is going off road, overlanding. Planning a trip to Moab this fall. Plus I do most of my shopping on Amazon

OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks everyone for the comments. I picked it up this evening and took the long back road trip home to vary the RPMs. This thing is perfect. Finally filled that empty garage spot.

They had it sitting next to a 4-door. It looked so tiny.

PXL_20220112_215948526.jpg

PXL_20220112_235627629.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mike Bass Ford in Northeast Ohio doesn't apply any ADM to anything. Ask for Blaze, he was incredible throughout this roller coaster ride

Bronco_Mando

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger; MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks everyone for the comments. I picked it up this evening and took the long back road trip home to vary the RPMs. This thing is perfect. Finally filled that empty garage spot.

Ford Bronco ManSquatch arrived! PXL_20220112_235627629

Ford Bronco ManSquatch arrived! PXL_20220112_235627629
Congratulations!! Come on share some details about the drive home. I’m ordering similar but 4 door and would like to know about the driving experience.
Thanks!!

OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congratulations!! Come on share some details about the drive home. I’m ordering similar but 4 door and would like to know about the driving experience.
Thanks!!
I literally had a smile on my face the whole way home. I told the dealer not to prep it or put gas in it because I wanted premium fuel so the first thing I did was drop over $50 in gas. I thought these things had small tanks?!? :D I then messed with the display for the trip home, resetting the fuel economy. I went with having the turbo gauge to the right of the dash display.

Speaking of the dash gauges, it is by far the worst part of this vehicle. Others have said this, but it's weird working the gas/clutch from a dead stop while looking at a decimal number. Also, having a manual speed gauge is worthless. When I look down, it's looking at the digital speed. So I literally only use 2/3's of the dash display. I with that manual dial was a tach. My hopes is that Ford does an OTA update and replaces that tach number/vertical bar with an actual dial display. Not holding my breath.

Initially the shifter position felt weird, like it was set too far back. I'm 6'2" with long arms, so I like stretching my arm out, but I still need to make my seat position better and it really wasn't an issue the more I drove it.

The truck sits high, which is great. It surprised my wife how big it was. She questioned whether it would fit in the garage or not. It easily cleared, and it dwarfs her Explorer, which she calls "Beastie". I told her there's a new Beastie in town.

The drive was great. I did turn the radio down to hear how "Loud" it was and it's a brick on big tires with puzzle pieces for a roof. I didn't get over 60mph, but I'm fine with the noise. Noise went away when I turned up the radio, which I think sounds great. It's our 3rd B&O Ford vehicle and I'm happy with it. I know sound connoisseurs don't like it, but it's perfect for me.

The clutch and shifter is so smooth and easy to use. I have a 1985 Mustang SVO with a 2.3 turbo and I'm always conscience about not running in top gear at low speeds and choking the motor. It's probably the worst thing you can do to a small displacement engine. This Bronco does 55mph at 2k RPMS (If I remember that correctly), so I only went into 6th just to try it a few times. So I'm thinking 6th gear is just for that true highway run., 65 and over.

I did notice that the tires were at 39-40 PSI. I think I remember reading that 35psi is the proper range for these Territory tires. I know Ford ships cars with high tire pressure and dealer prep is supposed to lower them. I'll need to figure that out.

It goes to PPF tomorrow. It's a 50 minute highway drive, but I'm going to take the backroads again, 1h 30m. I just want to keep varying the RPM's to help break it in. Also, I want to reduce my risk of getting any rock chips.

I spent last evening removing the side badges and roof rack, prepping it for PPF. Still left all of the shipping plastic on the seats. I don't modify my cars. My old ones I like stock, so removing the badges is a big deal for me lol. I will install the old school black Bronco scripts once it comes back, to match my 71.

Ford Bronco ManSquatch arrived! 1642077324641

My 71. Hopefully it's on the road this spring.
Ford Bronco ManSquatch arrived! 1642077393966

CLEbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mike Bass Ford in Northeast Ohio doesn't apply any ADM to anything. Ask for Blaze, he was incredible throughout this roller coaster ride
I can attest! I will post my black diamond from them once it arrives! Also shoutout to Metal_Horses I finally made account once I saw your post. Been lurking for a year. I am sure our broncos will cross paths at some point

OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can attest! I will post my black diamond from them once it arrives! Also shoutout to Metal_Horses I finally made account once I saw your post. Been lurking for a year. I am sure our broncos will cross paths at some point
Let her know when you get it!

Sponsored

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Glad to hear it! I’ll be seeing you around then 🤙🏻

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Congratulations! So happy you're out on the road in your Bronco. Enjoy it!

OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congratulations! So happy you're out on the road in your Bronco. Enjoy it!
Thanks.

2 days after delivery I took it to the PPF shop. That was 10 days ago. Then I will take it for ceramic coating.

So I've literally driven it twice. Home from the dealer, then to the PPF place.

Last edited:

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My manual Badlands 2 door is going to be here in April. Does the Lux package have the same dash as the ones people are saying sucks?
Sponsored