Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Judging from some of the posts, I find it very hard for some of the Jeep guys to understand that there is a lot more to "off-roading" than giant boulder rock gardens trails. I have no zero problem agreeing that the Jeep is better suited for extreme rock crawling. Its a lot cheaper to upgrade the ancient SFA tech to make it beefy enough to withstand the abuse from oversized tires and gain large amounts of articulation. Howeever, the Bronco will most-likely be better (including comfort) at every single activity faster than 0.2 MPH. Also, in my opinion is looks SO MUCH BETTER and modern than the outdated Wrangler which is another plus for me.
Sponsored

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow I watched these on my cell phone only at first, but now on the big screen, really impressive. I can say that stock Bronco is more capable than I will ever need. I was a bit of a doubter at first, now I see.

Anyone know if they had the swaybars disconnected?

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where did you hear that is why they were running 33s? I get that articulation is a tiny bit less on the Sasquatch to ensure the 35 doesn’t hit the wheel well...but the extra diameter of a 35 has more advantages in the rocks over a 33 than that little bit of articulation...and will be the best stock rock crawler of the two...IMO. My bet is they wanted to show they could run the entire trail even on 33s / stock badlands with no Sas.
That is what caught my attention. Made the case to me to be content with the stock Badlands.

And they did this on turboed engines. Low end torque seemed sufficient.

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is another short video from the Rubicon trail.

Last edited by a moderator:

duke114

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow- cool vids, I live for off-road daily in the Colorado mountains. (Rubicon, sidexside & Moto) Love to see these rigs attempt the holy cross trail with a few mods & winch ? ? aftermarket is going to be insain for these rigs. Can’t wait !! Jeepforsale
Ford Bronco Exclusive 6+ Minutes of Bronco Badlands Rock Crawling Action on Rubicon Trail 117084143_323026645406502_5447357598385346895_n
That's a nice rig. Look at that articulation. Are you saying the new Bronco will be able to do what your Jeep is doing?

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Impressive. It must be nice to be able to say "The hell with it", and give 'er the gas. :)

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know, the scraping sounds made me grind my own teeth. I would love to see how the Wildtrac (that I reserved) handles washboard roads. I was almost going to pull the trigger on the Raptor but with a 6 year and dog the Bronco fit the bill for the road trips and securing all the gear and luggage for more outlander style trips, not so much rock crawling. As for washboard roads, seeing the tire bounce and in the cabin to see if it would shake your teeth loose?

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That dude spotting was reckless. That front wheel caught, he would have gotten smacked.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Badlands lists the 33 MTs as available option but I don’t think we’ll know for sure if 4 door excludes them without the build tool.
You can answer this question and more by using my spreadsheet. Here is a snapshot example of tires for the 4-doors, included, allowable and excluded. I've highlighted your Badlands 4-door 33 MTs question in cyan blue.

Bronco6g Build & Price Planner Spreadsheet

Ford Bronco Exclusive 6+ Minutes of Bronco Badlands Rock Crawling Action on Rubicon Trail 1596894869470
Sponsored