Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mission accomplished, got the camper.

Passed over 1k on my way so good to tow back. Not that it really weighs anything.

Did a little more MPG testing over the 300 mile drive, again small sample sizes but the picture is starting to take shape. Eco does makes a difference at freeway speeds, about 1mpg on it's own. The combination of Eco and Premium seems to be worth about 3mpg.

I'm excited to see how much the camper affects mpg.

20220212_163749_HDR.jpg

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking good dick. Need to lift the bronco a touch to level the trailer tongue 😉
At first I only wanted an inch up front but now that 2.25/1.25 RPG lift looks pretty good....

Screenshot_20220212-145043.png

thehermdawg10

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My poor credit card. Ordered 5.

Ford Bronco Tricky Dick's Dirty Bronco Screenshot_20220212-145043
I'm interested in how these look on yours, considering I'm also looking at ordering a VB 2 door. These really speak to the JDM tuner side of me and I'm curious how that translates to a Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm interested in how these look on yours, considering I'm also looking at ordering a VB 2 door. These really speak to the JDM tuner side of me and I'm curious how that translates to a Bronco.
The Volk TE37 has long been a favorite of mine so you can see why I went this route.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So some new thoughts and a few updates to my initial impressions as the newness wears off.

Even though Sirius does kind of suck and loses signal often, it beats scanning FM on trips.

The sound system is actually just fine for me and I'm not planning to upgrade it any time soon. I usually listen in the 12-15 volume range.

Still just fine with the ASS. Apparently having a trailer connected disables it, as well as BLIS.

I'm using 6th gear more often, it doesn't mind low RPMs as much as I thought. I just watch the instant mileage gauge to choose my shifts.

I've turned off lane assist, it's the only nannie I really didn't care for.

The constant gawking at stoplights is weird. Glad I have the tint. Being around Jeeps is particularly weird, you either get dirty looks or rubber necking.

I really like how the phone cubby in the manual console can fit 2 phones standing up so both the wife and I have a spot.

The center dash cubby (non B&O) keeps glasses from flying. The door nets are great for holding trash.

The USB and house plug rear power ports keep the kid happy with all his gizmos.

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At first I only wanted an inch up front but now that 2.25/1.25 RPG lift looks pretty good....

How do you like the trailer? Where did you get it? I’m debating on trailer options and that one looks pretty cool 😎

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you like the trailer? Where did you get it? I’m debating on trailer options and that one looks pretty cool 😎
Haven't slept in it yet. It started life as a Coleman Colorado. The guy I bought it from paid a shop to build a custom frame with timbren braked axles and a swivel hitch and the interior was redone. It has way more ground clearance than the Bronco.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just felt like saying I still really love my Bronco, more every day actually.

My wheels shipped and eta is Friday. Saturday I'm going to a "Rigs and Coffee" thing, we'll see what the Jeeper reception is.

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just felt like saying I still really love my Bronco, more every day actually.

My wheels shipped and eta is Friday. Saturday I'm going to a "Rigs and Coffee" thing, we'll see what the Jeeper reception is.
I feel ya on that... Haha. I go to the garage daily to look at it and make sure it's ok. And find reasons to drive it for "no apparent reason"... Lol
Yet I still have less than 2k miles on it in 6 weeks. I do need to find a cars and coffee to do. Lol. Maybe this Saturday.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
200 miles at 60-65 with a lot of elevation changes. I'll take 22 all day. Over 300 miles to a tank at that clip.

Why is your seatbelt light on? You can disable it if desired.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congratulations. That was a tough haul. You're a very patient man. I'm a fellow 8/9 build week and I've been waiting for this thread.

I agree with all of your feedback. It's funny, but when you wait so long, you don't go all in on loving it from day one. This rig sort of grows on you in the first few months. After you get some mods and make it more your own, you should be bonded like a parent.

Gearing. I jumped up to 35s and now I feel a lack of power. I liked the gearing with the 33s.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel ya on that... Haha. I go to the garage daily to look at it and make sure it's ok. And find reasons to drive it for "no apparent reason"... Lol
Yet I still have less than 2k miles on it in 6 weeks. I do need to find a cars and coffee to do. Lol. Maybe this Saturday.
My man, go drive that thing! I'm at 1700 after 2 weeks. I never drive this much so it will slow down eventually.

Gearing. I jumped up to 35s and now I feel a lack of power. I liked the gearing with the 33s.
That worries me but I have them so no turning back.

Why is your seatbelt light on? You can disable it if desired.
I had just finished gassing up and we weren't settled in yet. I don't mind wearing my belt.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.