Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They were surprisingly good… not raptor good, but very decent!

We’re confident once Icon has their coilover upgrade kit, it will be “as good” as a stock Raptor over most terrain. We’ve ridden in the Icon Bronco with their prototype kit and it’s quite a difference over stock… and has 14” of rear travel with all bolt-on parts!

Overall though, these wouldn’t hang with a group of raptors, but I think with some aftermarket coilovers they sure will.
Will it look's like I need fox shock/ better tires before I sign up for one of your tips. :whistle:
Sponsored

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Audi S4, Raptor (Previously)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will it look's like I need fox shock/ better tires before I sign up for one of your tips. :whistle:
We’re planning to cater the runs to at least Sasquatch-equipped Broncos or better… at least initially. In time as more built Broncos are more prevalent that may change, but we’re going to keep it stock-rig capable for the first year at least.

skiborsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRX, Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They were surprisingly good… not raptor good, but very decent!

We’re confident once Icon has their coilover upgrade kit, it will be “as good” as a stock Raptor over most terrain. We’ve ridden in the Icon Bronco with their prototype kit and it’s quite a difference over stock… and has 14” of rear travel with all bolt-on parts!

Overall though, these wouldn’t hang with a group of raptors, but I think with some aftermarket coilovers they sure will.
Sounds good to me. Sounds like that's a mid- or long-travel kit/wider than stock and not just new shocks and UCAs?

OP
OP
Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Especially if I end up choosing the Nevada Off-Roadeo site, there's a very strong reason to try to work it into a Death Valley trip. Amargosa Opera House, which I see as the most likely base for a Death Valley trip, is much closer to both the Nevada and Utah Off-Roadeo locations, than my home in Sacramento is. In fact, from Amargosa Opera House to the Nevada Off-Roadeo site is a little over an hour of driving, compared to more like eight to nine hours from my home in Sacramento.
I believe that the OP is expressing concern and looking for advice on organizing group trips- not asking for what your personal trip choices are? I am just spitballing here based on actually reading the OP's posts.
I am the OP.

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds good to me. Sounds like that's a mid- or long-travel kit/wider than stock and not just new shocks and UCAs?
No, just bolt-on shocks and UCA’s… stock lowers.

He took their prototype kit to Ocotillo Wells in SoCal a few weeks ago, chased side by sides all day, and they couldn’t shake him. It’s crazy how much better it is with just shocks added.

Sponsored

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We’re planning to cater the runs to at least Sasquatch-equipped Broncos or better… at least initially. In time as more built Broncos are more prevalent that may change, but we’re going to keep it stock-rig capable for the first year at least.
So, are you basing it on tire size and longer shocks? I am not understanding your stated parameter.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some friends and I are planning a trip for later this year that goes from Arizona, up the entire length of the 191 in Safford, AZ, all the way to Yellowstone park. Should be a hell of a trip
We just did that trip in the other direction on full-dress touring motorcycles. It is certainly beautiful but in no way a challenge- just a mellow paved highway. Now if you veer east into Colorado you can really have some fun. Million Dollar Highway, Trail Ridge Road. Tons of serious mining roads. Also, be sure to go north from Yellowstone Lake on 212 to Red Lodge. Unforgettable.

Last edited:

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, are you basing it on tire size and longer shocks? I am not understanding your stated parameter.
Mostly based on tire size and clearance, yes. We will be pre-running routes with mostly stock Sasquatch equipped rigs... so it allows us to gauge the difficulty and ability for a "group" run. But if somebody has something with similar size tires and a small lift perhaps, it would likely be OK (just maybe less comfortable on the higher-speed stuff with stock non-Sas shocks).

Our plan is to design a run that really hits all the highlights of the Bronco design... some higher-speed sections, scenic stuff, and some mild/moderate rock crawling. First-timers would be expected, so as long as the rig itself has minimum capabilities, it would be fine!

But yes, tire selection is also very important in general for off-roading... 35" tires COULD possibly be a requirement for some of our runs (not set on this yet) but for sure proper off-road tires will be a requirement, as the factory equipped tires on the non-sasquatch trims would NOT be appropriate for the runs we're designing.

OP
OP
Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mostly based on tire size and clearance, yes. We will be pre-running routes with mostly stock Sasquatch equipped rigs... so it allows us to gauge the difficulty and ability for a "group" run. But if somebody has something with similar size tires and a small lift perhaps, it would likely be OK (just maybe less comfortable on the higher-speed stuff with stock non-Sas shocks).

Our plan is to design a run that really hits all the highlights of the Bronco design... some higher-speed sections, scenic stuff, and some mild/moderate rock crawling. First-timers would be expected, so as long as the rig itself has minimum capabilities, it would be fine!

But yes, tire selection is also very important in general for off-roading... 35" tires COULD possibly be a requirement for some of our runs (not set on this yet) but for sure proper off-road tires will be a requirement, as the factory equipped tires on the non-sasquatch trims would NOT be appropriate for the runs we're designing.
I'm probably out as far as any of your trips. Not sure that what you organize is really much like what I was thinking of when I started this thread, anyway.

What I have on order is a Badlands, the “Extreme Off Roading” trim, but without the Sasquatch package, and I have no intention of modifying the suspension or tires in that direction. I deem the non-Sasquatch to be better suited to my practical needs. As it is, I think that my own skills, confidence, and limits on how much risk I am willing to take of damaging my vehicle will be the limiting factors as to how extreme off road I'm interested in going, rather than the limits of my vehicle itself.

In any event, this thread wasn't really mean to be about the sort of trips that you seem to be into, but more about informal group trips that are more about seeing things that are worth seeing, and hopefully finding some places to go along the way that a normal car wouldn't go; than about seeking, for its own sake, the sort of extreme off-roading that you seem to be about.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got a Garmin in reach. 11.99 a month for the service plan, also payed for insurance for the year in case I use search n rescue

Sponsored

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm probably out as far as any of your trips. Not sure that what you organize is really much like what I was thinking of when I started this thread, anyway.

What I have on order is a Badlands, the “Extreme Off Roading” trim, but without the Sasquatch package, and I have no intention of modifying the suspension or tires in that direction. I deem the non-Sasquatch to be better suited to my practical needs. As it is, I think that my own skills, confidence, and limits on how much risk I am willing to take of damaging my vehicle will be the limiting factors as to how extreme off road I'm interested in going, rather than the limits of my vehicle itself.

In any event, this thread wasn't really mean to be about the sort of trips that you seem to be into, but more about informal group trips that are more about seeing things that are worth seeing, and hopefully finding some places to go along the way that a normal car wouldn't go; than about seeking, for its own sake, the sort of extreme off-roading that you seem to be about.
Yep, I get it! And the regular Badlands does at least have off-road ready tires... so that would probably be the one exception to some of the stuff we have in mind.

I understand that many people won't want to modify their rigs, and maintain their warranty!

OP
OP
Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, I get it! And the regular Badlands does at least have off-road ready tires... so that would probably be the one exception to some of the stuff we have in mind.
I know that there are three different sets of tires available on the Badlands, counting the ones included with Sasquatch. What I have on order are the default tires. I don't know if those are suitable for the sort of trips you organize, but I deem them most suitable for me, for a vehicle that is going to be a daily driver, and spend probably 99.9% of its miles on normal roads; with probably a good 90% of its off-road experience being to just get in and out of construction sites that my compact sedan can handle, but would really rather not.

I understand that many people won't want to modify their rigs, and maintain their warranty!
Not so much warranty, as it is that I am just convinced that what I have ordered is the configuration that best meets my practical needs. If I thought I wanted it to be more suitable for serious off-roading, at the expense of being less suitable as a daily driver, I'd surely have gone with the Sasquatch package.

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know that there are three different sets of tires available on the Badlands, counting the ones included with Sasquatch. What I have on order are the default tires. I don't know if those are suitable for the sort of trips you organize, but I deem them most suitable for me, for a vehicle that is going to be a daily driver, and spend probably 99.9% of its miles on normal roads; with probably a good 90% of its off-road experience being to just get in and out of construction sites that my compact sedan can handle, but would really rather not.

Not so much warranty, as it is that I am just convinced that what I have ordered is the configuration that best meets my practical needs. If I thought I wanted it to be more suitable for serious off-roading, at the expense of being less suitable as a daily driver, I'd surely have gone with the Sasquatch package.
Always easy to get an alternate set of "off road" wheels/tires also, especially once more and more come for sale on the used market from factory sasquatch packages... they'll get cheaper and cheaper!

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Out here on the East Coast we are planning this:
Ford Bronco Ideas about travelling in groups… 1644862182735

If anyone is interested in attending look for "Run to the End" in the Upcoming Events part of the Clubs section. We're hoping to get a nice 'herd' together to head east. DM me if you have any questions.

OP
OP
Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Always easy to get an alternate set of "off road" wheels/tires also, especially once more and more come for sale on the used market from factory sasquatch packages... they'll get cheaper and cheaper!
I live in an apartment. I have nowhere to store an extra set of wheels, not the facilities to easily swap one set in for another.
Sponsored