First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So the mods have officially started. Today I installed a Rough Country tow shackle conversion along with their nudge bar. Took a few hours just because I did it in my driveway in 28 degree weather laying on snow and ice. I did have to use a Dremmel on one of the brackets to open the hole for the shackle pin. I'm assuming it was a manufacturing defect.
IMG_6367.jpeg

IMG_6366.jpeg

My wheels were supposed to come today as well. According to UPS they were on the truck for delivery at 7:00 AM and by 7:00 PM the tracking info just stated there was a problem and they are working on updating an estimated a delivery date. Considering the UPS location where they were is about 10 miles from my house I'm not sure how they screwed that up.
Oh wow do those wheels bring back some memories from LONG ago!.....nicely done sir.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dez

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang, 2021 Hyundai Kona, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Had some fun with stickers today.

Ford Bronco My Own Tribute Build IMG_6415

Ford Bronco My Own Tribute Build IMG_6417

Ford Bronco My Own Tribute Build IMG_6416

Ford Bronco My Own Tribute Build IMG_6418

OP
OP
Dez

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Finished up the main work (cutting, fitting, adjusting, repeat) on my rear cargo storage box thingy.

Ford Bronco My Own Tribute Build IMG_6439

The frame is 4x4 with a 2x4 connector at the rear seat back. The holes are countersunk with hardware to bolt it to the stock cargo tie down holes. I'm also going to put 5/8" nylon spacers underneath to help protect the OEM carpet insert and give it more stability.
Ford Bronco My Own Tribute Build IMG_6442

Raised floor is 1/2" plywood with hidden hinges underneath. The hinges are strong enough that with the four of them installed, it holds the lid open at 90 degrees with no need to prop it up.
Ford Bronco My Own Tribute Build IMG_6443

The only thing left to do is wrap it in carpet and add some flat metal strips to the bottom side of the lid to help keep the top from bowing. I'm also thinking of adding another piece of wood to the lid at the tailgate side to make it completely enclosed and adding a lock to the drivers side frame rail to make it a little more secure.

I mainly just wanted something to help level out the floor with the rear seats down and a place to securely store things like a window bag, folding chair, etc. when not in use while also still being able to access the OEM storage underneath. Will also be adding the factory cargo tie downs to the new "floor" when it's done. It won't be Fort Knox but it will help deter smash and grab theft and give me some piece of mind if I take the top and.or doors off for extended periods of time.

Ford Bronco My Own Tribute Build IMG_6438

Last edited:

Tojoscott

Black Diamond
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Karmann ghia gmc canyon soon to be bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yesterday the Rough Country 1" leveling kit went in.

Before:

After:

I was looking at those exact same wheels to swap out my black diamond wheels when it arrives. How do you like them have you encountered any issues? Your bronco looks sweet!

Sponsored

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Following..... love the original and think the tribute is looking great. Keep updating!

Reactions: Dez
OP
OP
Dez

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was looking at those exact same wheels to swap out my black diamond wheels when it arrives. How do you like them have you encountered any issues? Your bronco looks sweet!
Thanks. I love the wheels. This has come up in a few other threads here lately but if you are going to get the Outlaw II's you need to get the +18mm offset. They have a +30 but the hub bore size is too small for the OEM hub. The +18's are bigger than OEM but with the correct lug nuts it hasn't been an issue for me. You can't use hub rings since the center caps are installed from the back.

OP
OP
Dez

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Following..... love the original and think the tribute is looking great. Keep updating!
Thank you. I just got my original Bronco Sport emblems in the mail today as well. I'm planning to modify them with some custom engraving after removing the "Sport" part. Also working on getting the fender flares painted white once the weather stays nice around here.

70 yesterday and 12" of snow coming tomorrow.

Tojoscott

Black Diamond
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks. I love the wheels. This has come up in a few other threads here lately but if you are going to get the Outlaw II's you need to get the +18mm offset. They have a +30 but the hub bore size is too small for the OEM hub. The +18's are bigger than OEM but with the correct lug nuts it hasn't been an issue for me. You can't use hub rings since the center caps are installed from the back.
Thanks for the reply, what issues came up with the lug nuts? I take it you cant use factory ones

OP
OP
Dez

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the reply, what issues came up with the lug nuts? I take it you cant use factory ones
The factory lug nuts are too short so you won't be able to get the wheel to sit flush. At a minimum you'll need 1/2" longer acorn style lug nuts. I used what are called "ET Style bulge acorn" lug nuts. They have a 60 degree taper (to match the same taper in the wheel lug holes) and also a shank below that which helps to center each hole on the stud. They look like this.
Ford Bronco My Own Tribute Build 1645748073628

Sponsored

Tojoscott

Black Diamond
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The factory lug nuts are too short so you won't be able to get the wheel to sit flush. At a minimum you'll need 1/2" longer acorn style lug nuts. I used what are called "bulge acorn" lug nuts. They have a 60 degree taper (to match the same taper in the wheel lug holes) and also a shank below that which helps to center each hole on the stud. They look like this.
Ford Bronco My Own Tribute Build 1645748073628
Oh i see. Thanks for the info i appreciate it.

Reactions: Dez

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where is the nudge bar from?

OP
OP
Dez

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Finally finished and installed the rear floor leveling platform. Wasn't really interested in putting in a drawer although I could later if I decide. The hidden hinges are strong enough to hold the cover at a 90 degree angle. There's a lock on the driver's side as well to prevent people from walking off with anything in the back and to help keep the cover from bouncing up and down while driving. It also still allows easy access to the jack and under floor storage.

I'll be bolting the factory tie downs to the cover at some point.

Ford Bronco My Own Tribute Build IMG_6476

Ford Bronco My Own Tribute Build IMG_6475

OP
OP
Dez

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Finally have another major update after getting my Bronco back a few weeks ago (body shop purgatory for two months after a small fender bender).

I've done some small things (adding a trailer hitch and getting lights ready to wire in) but today I got some large, noticeable items installed.

I bought some Cyber Orange OBX flares from another member and had them painted Oxford White. Got them back today and installed them right away. I still have my original flares so can change back easily if I want to.

I also installed my OE sport emblems that were modified by removing the "sport" and painting in Big Bend. Trying to blend the old with new.

I know I'll probably get crap for the white flares and retro badges from some but I personally like the white flares because they make the AMB pop more than the black. My goal was also to recreate my old '71 which had a ton of sentimental value to me even before it went up in flames. I think I've accomplished that pretty well.

Before:
Ford Bronco My Own Tribute Build IMG_6710

After:
Ford Bronco My Own Tribute Build IMG_6717

Ford Bronco My Own Tribute Build IMG_6714

Ford Bronco My Own Tribute Build IMG_6715

Ford Bronco My Own Tribute Build IMG_6713

Ford Bronco My Own Tribute Build IMG_6716
Sponsored