Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It was a long journey from canceling a day 1 reservation since I didn't want to pay MSRP, never paid it on a vehicle. I love to negotiate but didn't realize the world would completely change regarding vehicles in last 18 months lol. The Bronco was a 20th anniversary present to my wife and I surprised her. Lots of fun.

I then got an October reservation with Granger, yep shouldnof moved original reservation but didnt think would be an issue, dohhh. Since likely 24 /25 I just put about 40 Broncos on watch. Assumed I wouldn't find a reasonable one since crazy markups. However a small town 2 hours away reduced one to a reasonable amount and had most options we wanted, so I pounced. I figure the $15K under that I got my Ram Rebel for before the world changed more than offset.

We won't go to far from stock, but will have a few small updates. It has plastic Outer Banks bumper and no Aux switches, Why not standard on all, Ugh??????? Getting the mod bumper installed by dealer next week and have all Aux parts on order but who knows when the parts will be available.

So far had Xpel Stealth completed on exterior. I used Adams Ceramic on all surfaces and legal tint on front windows. She is as clean as she ever will be.

I posted in the sub threads but was able to get rid of all rattles from B&O. B&O still isn't great but livable for now.

Added the tailgate table but of course missed a step in putting the bottom of the frame in 1st. In addition the paint robot missed some of the paint so had to put black vinyl over for now where the Bronco letter cutouts are. Then due to not have frame properly seated one of my drilled holes is slightly off, damn I'm an idiot. I even measured twice lol. Was able to do a workaround with new hole on the table frame and using a washer. Wasnt about to put another hole in her.

Will add a few things to the interior and really like the roast with leather on outer banks. Even like the blue, funny how we were all concerned after original mockups. So glad to not have just another black interior.

Also had to work around damn mudflap issue. Got some cheap Ford Universal and made work for now.

A few pics for now.

20220209_201302.jpg

20220305_171238.jpg

20220306_124736.jpg

20220220_174249.jpg

20220216_205814.jpg

20220219_174903.jpg

20220313_173054.jpg

20220313_173113.jpg

20220313_173102.jpg
Sponsored

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You, sir are a great gift giver! Congratulations on the Bronco, and your anniversary. Also, great job on your mods, the Bronco looks sharp!

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are you sure this was a gift for the wife? :LOL:

Not implying anything negative, just seems like you’re enjoying her gift as well. (y)

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
How did you attach the mud flaps?

OP
OP

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you sure this was a gift for the wife? :LOL:

Not implying anything negative, just seems like you’re enjoying her gift as well. (y)
Lets just say there may be times I drive it as well. :D. I have always like making little updates to vehicles and this is quite the canvas.

OP
OP

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How did you attach the mud flaps?
I used the factory pins/screws as well as some hardware I had in the garage. I used gorilla duct tape at top against fendor since temp until hopefully good aftmkt available that work. You can simple put holes in the universal flaps where factory holes already are. Doesn’t look bad except from side where you can see one long screw due to the running boards.
Sponsored