Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E43 MB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Running boards from Ford since my better half had trouble getting in:D
Samson, my Bronco is just like yours and will arrive in a week or two. Very curious whether the Black Diamon's rock rails were removed to add the factory running boards or they fit onto the Bronco as-is (without removing). Hope you will be kind enough to answer! Thanks.
Sponsored

sammy3boy

Black Diamond
First Name
Samson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Samson, my Bronco is just like yours and will arrive in a week or two. Very curious whether the Black Diamon's rock rails were removed to add the factory running boards or they fit onto the Bronco as-is (without removing). Hope you will be kind enough to answer! Thanks.
Had to get the rock rails off but now you get after market steps which can fixed to the rock rails. I did see someone do the mods on rock rails. Wish I had known about it. I am still hanging on to my rock rails and have kept them in the garage that in future I too can do the mods😀

Bad Apple

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E43 MB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the quick response and good info!

Had to get the rock rails off but now you get after market steps which can fixed to the rock rails. I did see someone do the mods on rock rails. Wish I had known about it. I am still hanging on to my rock rails and have kept them in the garage that in future I too can do the mods😀

RedolentSurge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Richardson

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4runner trd off road
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

what do y'all think about an off white/cream beauty ring? Could be a nice/unique contrast to the carbonized gray. Also might ruin it?

Sponsored

Bad Apple

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E43 MB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
what do y'all think about an off white/cream beauty ring? Could be a nice/unique contrast to the carbonized gray. Also might ruin it?
Can't picture it. Sorry.
I am thinking of going the other way and having my silver trim rings powder-coated in black.

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This looks incredible. Can I ask what this cost you? Ballpark?
5K. It’s the best price I could find in LA. Some were as high as 8.2K so I felt okay with this. The neighbors call it the “Terminator Bronco”. I really wasn’t too sure what I’d think of it when I did it, mainly thinking about the protection it would offer, but now I really like it. Blacked out all the emblems too. Now time to do the grill logo and add the script logos. Too many mods waiting to go on but no time to do it. Wheels are waiting for rubber, lights, on board air, etc….

Last edited:

Jdegid_SoCAL

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla , Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK I was going to Powder coat the trim rings but decided the Dip route just because when I scratch the crap out of them its a easy fix .. I am using the Dip your car Hyperdip aerosol in Stealth Grey color its a perfect match to the Carbonized grey started with the spare tire .. lower pic for comparison

Stealth Grey Link

Ford Bronco CARBONIZED GRAY Bronco Club IMG_7119

Ford Bronco CARBONIZED GRAY Bronco Club IMG_7120