Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully the "new" Ranger will give enough practice and shakedown time for this to be avoided with the Bronco.

• Haha
Reactions: jxc

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yikes, that article depicts some scary stuff at the Chicago plant. Bronco won't be built there, but no telling if the same environment exists in Michigan.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yikes, that article depicts some scary stuff at the Chicago plant. Bronco won't be built there, but no telling if the same environment exists in Michigan.
Hopefully not, given that's where they're sending the Explorers from Chicago to be fixed. Michigan seems to be the 'good' plant

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
“Ford does tend to struggle with the new introductions, especially if they’re a larger departure from the previous design,” said Jake Fisher, the magazine’s director of auto testing. “It could take a few years to get the bugs worked out.”

I can't wait for the 2026 BroncoBronco

Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, if anyone here has access to those numbers, it's you...

I saw a red ST at Home Depot yesterday. I'm not a fan of the modern interpretation of SUVs but damn, that thing was sexy.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think this a sign of a larger problem at Ford. First thing that comes to mind is Ranger there was nearly no Rangers at the dealers at launch when all the hype was the loudest. Combined along with that was Special orders taking forever to come in six months and much long where normal as well as special order Mustangs taking as long as nine months. When I ordered my 2015 Mustang it was two months from order to setting in my drive way and it was a all new car like the Ranger. Something has been changed in the way Ford builds cars since Hackett has come to power somebody at Ford better figure it out before it kills sales. Ford can not afford this kind of nonsense with the launch of the new Bronco and all the new EV's coming.

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think Ford is well on its way to being another Chrysler. My wife's 2012 Focus had the shuddering first gear issue for a couple years before ford offered to fix it under warranty. The "myfordistouched" system had all sorts of reset and failure issues in it too. My wife's 2013 explorer had a failed PTU at 40,000 miles that ford tried to deny warranty coverage on. The wiper stalk failed. The backup camera died. The motor used enough oil through the PCV system that it killed the catalytic converters at 130,000 miles. My 2015 Mustang GT backup camera died around 40,000 miles. The intake manifold runner control shaft broke about the same time. The SYNC system randomly kicks my phone off Bluetooth media until I disconnect the battery to reset it. Contrasting those cars with my 2002 GT Mustang, 2003 Cobra Mustang, and 2010 F150, the older cars never had any problems other than the piston I melted on the Cobra racing it. My wife's 2000 Toyota Celica GTS had 0 problems for 100,000 miles. Her 2006 Toyota Rav4 had 0 problems for 150,000 miles, and her new 2019 Toyota Highlander has had 0 problems in 40,000 miles. My 2002 Tacoma and 2010 Tacomas were flawless too. I don't like driving Toyoats, but as appliances they're probably the best buy.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Ford is well on its way to being another Chrysler. My wife's 2012 Focus had the shuddering first gear issue for a couple years before ford offered to fix it under warranty. The "myfordistouched" system had all sorts of reset and failure issues in it too. My wife's 2013 explorer had a failed PTU at 40,000 miles that ford tried to deny warranty coverage on. The wiper stalk failed. The backup camera died. The motor used enough oil through the PCV system that it killed the catalytic converters at 130,000 miles. My 2015 Mustang GT backup camera died around 40,000 miles. The intake manifold runner control shaft broke about the same time. The SYNC system randomly kicks my phone off Bluetooth media until I disconnect the battery to reset it. Contrasting those cars with my 2002 GT Mustang, 2003 Cobra Mustang, and 2010 F150, the older cars never had any problems other than the piston I melted on the Cobra racing it. My wife's 2000 Toyota Celica GTS had 0 problems for 100,000 miles. Her 2006 Toyota Rav4 had 0 problems for 150,000 miles, and her new 2019 Toyota Highlander has had 0 problems in 40,000 miles. My 2002 Tacoma and 2010 Tacomas were flawless too. I don't like driving Toyoats, but as appliances they're probably the best buy.
To be fair my company and family all buy Fords and we haven't had any issues. I should also note we have been doing this for years (since early 2000's). We buy pickups, edges, explorers, expeditions F150s, 250s, 550s. My current explorer is a 2015 with 73k miles on it and I've had 0 issues with it. We are also in the construction industry so we are very hard on our vehicles. I am by no means saying Ford is perfect but it does sound like you have had some bad luck.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be fair my company and family all buy Fords and we haven't had any issues. I should also note we have been doing this for years (since early 2000's). We buy pickups, edges, explorers, expeditions F150s, 250s, 550s. My current explorer is a 2015 with 73k miles on it and I've had 0 issues with it. We are also in the construction industry so we are very hard on our vehicles. I am by no means saying Ford is perfect but it does sound like you have had some bad luck.
Bad luck indeed. I have had nothing outside of basic maintenance on mine.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
AP Oct 23: "Ford is having to offer larger discounts on vehicles to keep sales going...Ford’s average discount per vehicle was $5,361 in Q3, up 1.8% from last year....The spending was $1,360 above the industry average of $4,001, according to Edmunds"

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AP Oct 23: "Ford is having to offer larger discounts on vehicles to keep sales going...Ford’s average discount per vehicle was $5,361 in Q3, up 1.8% from last year....The spending was $1,360 above the industry average of $4,001, according to Edmunds"
That's interesting. I suspect it has something to do with the discontinuation of several models all at once though. Clearing sedans off the lots to make room for that "freshest 2020 model lineup" that is rolling in.

Does the report go into detail on what is being discounted?