First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the update my man! According to my buddy over there they have compartmentalized the hell out of this but he said everything you’ve told is accurate to his knowledge. I can’t wait for those VP1 spy shots, although I do expect some really heavy camo on those bad boys.
Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Judging by my other last posts in February, that was probably a careless typo I forgot to align with my other posts. In my other posts I actually didn't identify that (May) as an absolute.
If that was your best guess at the time, who am I to say otherwise.
My real point was that Ford should be milking this, bleeding little bits
like some blacked out photo of the front right fender that shows most
of the shape.

Instead, most of the chatter is negative and/or outright purchase of
another product. I don't see what the purpose is of being super secret
on all fronts, right up until the end. It's not like 7 other carmakers are going to
steal their ideas by next year (at this point in planning cycle for new
Bronco I mean).

78CreamBrownie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Judging by my other last posts in February, that was probably a careless typo I forgot to align with my other posts. In my other posts I actually didn't identify that (May) as an absolute.

The cobbled together P375 Ranger-based vehicles you are seeing are M1s, not VP1s and those M1s were running well before my suggested timeframe, first being seen publicly in late February. There are multiple phases of prototyping at Ford, so I must clarify that VP1s are in example, 2021 MY compact offroader as "seen" publicly.

There are U725 VP1s, but why you're not seeing them yet...very strategic internal reasoning for it, which some of you have hit on regarding your time related frustration.

P702 VP1s came off the the line at DTP on April 22 and well before that, I stated similar, to likely expect May spy shots. It certainly happened, because it doesn't serve me well to make things up. Especially that I have spoken about the next F150 (plus P703 Ranger) elsewhere in depth and as I suggested, it did appear in that case as soon as it was VP1 ready.

The Bronco is different, as was the compact (which wasn't supposed to be leaked). Some other aspects are involved in why, which I won't get into. (read between...)

But I will say, I have been well aware of unfair criticism (attacking my credibility) from other posters (not OX1), in my absence. Clearly I do not run Ford nor R&D at the glass house, so information is always going to be limited of course and also limited in content for sensitive reasons.

On one hand I do commend Nickp on their efforts to keep you all informed as best as they can. I also commend you @OX1, for at least being fair and know that the majority of my post, is not addressed to you.
I keep getting confused on the product codes. Can someone help me out?

P375 - 2019 Ranger?
U725 - 2021 Bronco?
P702 - ??
P703 - ?? Ranger

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I keep getting confused on the product codes. Can someone help me out?

P375 - 2019 Ranger?
U725 - 2021 Bronco?
P702 - ??
P703 - ?? Ranger
From what I understand:
P375 - T6 Ranger (2019 for US, sold elsewhere before that)
U725 - 2021 Bronco
P702 - Next gen F150
P703 - Next gen Ranger that will share platform with Bronco

Sponsored

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nope… I want something that runs on fossil fuel although a lot of electricity is the result of fossil fuel.

78CreamBrownie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I understand:
P375 - T6 Ranger (2019 for US, sold elsewhere before that)
U725 - 2021 Bronco
P702 - Next gen F150
P703 - Next gen Ranger that will share platform with Bronco
Thank you. For your trouble here is a bunny with a pancake on its head.

4668379.jpg

OP
OP
Carmaker1

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The weird Everest test vehicles you were seeing publicly in 2017-18, were "X" prototypes.

https://www.bronco6g.com/first-ford-bronco-mule-spot

Ford-Bronco-Mule4-1000x667@2x.jpg

These were pre-development U725 test vehicles.

The M1s/M2s you were seeing much of 2019, are M1s with slapped together top hats on new T6, which have been running a very long time (off camera).

Are-these-spy-shots-of-the-2020-Ford-Bronco.jpg

The U725 verification prototypes are out there, but a night owl with a good lense needs to spot it. Don't count on any "professionals" to get it. I've said for months they're only testing at night, but the media who get these recommendations, seem to not be too interested in putting in the effort and take the easy way out.

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So it's been another month and still no night time shots yet? Give me a general time and location and i'll head out there and check it out. ;):lipssealed::giggle:
The latest rumor I've heard is Ford is actually paying off photographers NOT to publish photos of the Bronco, till they want them to. You'd have to figure that every publisher out there wants the Bronco scoop and who ever gets them will have a nice pay day.

Given the fact that production body vehicles have been around for almost 8 months and other products (2021 F-150 and Baby Bronco) have been published already, I find this plausible.

The upside to this is we are almost 180 days out before the actual Bronco gets show off. I'm assuming that Ford will start dripping out information in the next 90 days or so.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The latest rumor I've heard is Ford is actually paying off photographers NOT to publish photos of the Bronco, till they want them to. You'd have to figure that every publisher out there wants the Bronco scoop and who ever gets them will have a nice pay day.

Given the fact that production body vehicles have been around for almost 8 months and other products (2021 F-150 and Baby Bronco) have been published already, I find this plausible.

The upside to this is we are almost 180 days out before the actual Bronco gets show off. I'm assuming that Ford will start dripping out information in the next 90 days or so.
I mean it makes sense but DAMN how awesome is this thing gonna be if they're going to such great lengths?????

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I mean it makes sense but DAMN how awesome is this thing gonna be if they're going to such great lengths?????
IIRC they did the same thing with the 2015 Mustang also...

I think Ford is going to be able to make about 90% of the people happy here with what they are coming out with-from the intel I got about it, I'm only slightly disappointed in one thing and its just because I can't afford what I want in mine :)

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
IIRC they did the same thing with the 2015 Mustang also...

I think Ford is going to be able to make about 90% of the people happy here with what they are coming out with-from the intel I got about it, I'm only slightly disappointed in one thing and its just because I can't afford what I want in mine :)
The 2015 Mustang LE was unveiled worldwide in December 2013. I had my pre-order in for one and had to wait over a year for delivery!

IMG_3344.jpg