Sponsored

3rd/5th Door

How do you want to see the rear door(s) of the Bronco operate?

• OTHER -- none of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes UAW leaked stuff about the Bronco which is why I doubt Ford is giving them any information about it because they know it will be leaked.
Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly with so much going on with tailgates in the truck world. I could see a top opening window... and a tailgate that both drops like a pickup and swings open like the jeep. Kinda like the rams new tailgate, without the split.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly with so much going on with tailgates in the truck world. I could see a top opening window... and a tailgate that both drops like a pickup and swings open like the jeep. Kinda like the rams new tailgate, without the split.
This would be awesome. I really want a tailgate for hunting (just easier to not get interior dirty) so I really hope they have one.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes UAW leaked stuff about the Bronco which is why I doubt Ford is giving them any information about it because they know it will be leaked.
It's a negotiation, they have to give them enough info to entice them to agree to it. Being totally vague or deliberately inaccurate will only cause them major trouble later.

It is not inconceivable that Ford, knowing the UAW will spill the beans, intentionally either gave them accurate information they wanted to "leak," or that they intentionally gave them accurate information which they did not care if it were leaked, or had to give them some level of information and decided this would be tolerable and sufficiently vague if it were leaked.

It's also plausible the people approving the content of this document don't have the same level of priority/concern regarding the bonkers level of secrecy other Ford teams are employing for the Bronco, and just treated it like any other "all new" model. Plenty of insiders here have remarked at the unusual level of secrecy.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This would be awesome. I really want a tailgate for hunting (just easier to not get interior dirty) so I really hope they have one.
It would be perfect. A leg up on the competition for sure. On the 4 door. Making it removable and third row seats removable, 2nd row folding. You could easily haul some large items. Or throw an atv in the back.

*edit* personally. I wouldn't have carpet. A truck bed coated floor would be ideal. A small wall behind the 2nd row seats, make it easy to wash out. Marine grade speakers are now so cost effective, that wouldnt be difficult either.

Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agree. The FSB-style gate, but hinged on the driver's side, seems to be the most clean/versatile. I'm fine with a traditional drop-down gate, I actually like them - but the trend toward no liftover and easier loadingwill probably rule that out.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree. The FSB-style gate, but hinged on the driver's side, seems to be the most clean/versatile.
Hinged on the right with tire to the right is what I think it should be.
Average weight 200 pound-ish driver sitting on the left is already taking it off balance for handling purposes on and off road.
Tire needs to be installed close as possible to hinges for strength.
Plus the driver who normally opens it has a blockage back to drivers side when the gate is swung open if hinged on the drivers side.

Last edited:

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hinged on the right with tire to the right is what I think it should be.
Average weight 200 pound-ish driver sitting on the left is already taking it off balance for handling purposes on and off road.
Tire needs to be installed close as possible to hinges for strength.
Plus the driver who normally opens it has a blockage back to drivers side when the gate is swung open if hinged on the drivers side.
In Europe, maybe. Think about being parallel parked and loading stuff from the curb.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
In Europe, maybe. Think about being parallel parked and loading stuff from the curb.
I don’t live in a high rise penthouse downtown.
I can’t think of last time I had to parallel park.
I think of it just like grabbing something out of my trucks tools box. If they put the opening latch on the passenger side of that box as much as I need into it, it would drive me nuts to have to walk around the truck to open it constantly.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was using my (Truck tool box) far an example. You may have misread that part.

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to Ford, this is a swinggate:

Not what I think most people are hoping for.
Does Ford have a "name" for what wrangler uses? Because at the moment, swinggate just seems like what we call our sideways swinging door, regardless of height or interface. I wouldn't stress to much about this...

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does Ford have a "name" for what wrangler uses? Because at the moment, swinggate just seems like what we call our sideways swinging door, regardless of height or interface. I wouldn't stress to much about this...
I'm not giving them the easy out.

I'm saying it's built like an EcoSport until Ford shows/tells me otherwise. :punch:

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it possible this is for the BabyBronco and not the BroncoBronco? Also, I think we need to accept the fact that when the BroncoBronco does get released it will not be "perfect". There will be somethings people like and somethings others don't. All I ask is that the vehicle holds up to the hype and isn't another Blazer. I am not going to lose any sleep over the swinggate/tailgate configuration until we actually see it. This also isn't something that would prevent me from buying the vehicle at the end of the day (or 2020/2021 whenever Ford decides to release it :giggle:)

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it possible this is for the BabyBronco and not the BroncoBronco? Also, I think we need to accept the fact that when the BroncoBronco does get released it will not be "perfect". There will be somethings people like and somethings others don't. All I ask is that the vehicle holds up to the hype and isn't another Blazer. I am not going to lose any sleep over the swinggate/tailgate configuration until we actually see it. ...
Maybe, but I was kind of expecting the Maverick to use a lift gate based on the mules/prototypes.

I think the Maverick is being made in Mexico with the Escape , and not covered by this agreement.
Sponsored