Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Carbonized Gray Paint Thread Mach E Carbon Gray

Carbonized is one slick looking color for sure!
Sponsored

DDT

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota Sequoia 4WD Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve come full circle on this one. It seems a shame not to get a unique color, but I can’t look at the CG 4-door Badlands in the colorized and not think BOND VILLAIN! and kinda want one, real bad. So, at least for now, it’s:

Carbonized Gray
Black hard top (4-piece)/Combo
Badlands
4 Door
2.7L Automatic

White/light gray interior with Marine-grade vinyl
LUX Package
All the trail options

The holdout debate is Squatch v Standard 33” A/T; leaning standard..

Da-dump-da-duhhhhhhh
Ford Bronco Carbonized Gray Paint Thread 253E1D55-D3C9-4F9B-9383-860E9539A6AB

C155D749-CDC3-4564-B47F-02EEB2BCD639.jpeg

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went from loving CG and it being my top color choice, but now it’s not, I thought the CG was going to be little darker I guess..

back to the drawing board of
Color choices

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went from loving CG and it being my top color choice, but now it’s not, I thought the CG was going to be little darker I guess..

back to the drawing board of
Color choices
Yeah ... I think it might be more of a color with silver mixed into gray kind of color. The colorizer doesn't match as well to real life photos. However, still a nice look though for the real life pics.

Sponsored

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I never should have opened this thread. I think the Carbonized Gray looks great on the Mach-E and Bronco Sport.
This picking a color thing is kicking my...

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never should have opened this thread. I think the Carbonized Gray looks great on the Mach-E and Bronco Sport.
This picking a color thing is kicking my...
I'm still hoping all bronco sport colors get to dealerships with plenty of time for me to look at colors before my order. Because yea, kicking me too...

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know how close CG is to Magnetic?

Sponsored

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's a good question. I've seen magnetic on the lots, and I would guess Carbonized is a little more silver mix, so lighter, and more metallic looking (wet).

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's a good question. I've seen magnetic on the lots, and I would guess Carbonized is a little more silver mix, so lighter, and more metallic looking (wet).
That’s interesting because the “wet look” is what caught my eye when I saw the pics of the Mach-E and Sport. I originally never paid the Carbonized Gray any mind (and I have a Mineral Gray Ram) but when I saw how wet it looks and how the light plays off it, I was like oh no, another color possibility!

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That’s interesting because the “wet look” is what caught my eye when I saw the pics of the Mach-E and Sport. I originally never paid the Carbonized Gray any mind (and I have a Mineral Gray Ram) but when I saw how wet it looks and how the light plays off it, I was like oh no, another color possibility!
Yeah, I have taken a different approach and started taking each individual color and "trying it on" in my mind. Then try to follow up with it with examples ... as best as possible. I'm down to a few color choices now and hoping to be pleasantly surprised by a couple more when the B&P tool becomes available.

LoneStar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mess around in the 2021 F-150 forum (may get that instead) and this video raised a tiny bit of controversy about is it Carbonized Gray... or Magnetic. The dude calls it magnetic but we all know these internet "experts" are never wrong! :p

The consensus was that it must be Carbonized Gray... why would Ford bother painting one of the precious few pre-production trucks an unavailable, out-dated color.

And various photos and vid clips of the Mach-E in CG show how much tone/shine transition it has depending on direct vs. indirect lighting.

That said.. I had a 2015 Mustang GT in Magnetic and man it sure looked a heck of a lot like this :unsure:

same truck

Last edited:

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I mess around in the 2021 F-150 forum (may get that instead) and this video raised a tiny bit of controversy about is it Carbonized Gray... or Magnetic. The dude calls it magnetic but we all know these internet "experts" are never wrong! :p

The consensus was that it must be Carbonized Gray... why would Ford bother painting one of the precious few pre-production trucks an unavailable color.

And various photos and vid clips of the Mach-E in CG show how much color/shine transition it has depending on direct vs. indirect lighting.

That said.. I had a 2015 Mustang GT in Magnetic and man it sure looked a heck of a lot like this :unsure:

That thing looks Carbonized!!!! Interesting catch since I have not seen that on an F150 to date.
Sponsored