Sponsored

Bronco R Race Prototype Revealed for Baja 1000!

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more I read the more I’m freaking hype for the Bronco!

If it has IFS I bet my girl would like how it drives better than the Jeep which will make it an easier sell. Win win for me!
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Listen to this awe inspiring roar ...

Now compare that with the 12 minute mark of the TFL video when the old V8 starts up ... I guarantee you plenty of people will favor that option.

Even if the V6 gets 20 more hp or 2 more mpg, the physical and audible sensation of the V8 is worth it.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Now compare that with the 12 minute mark of the TFL video when the old V8 starts up ... I guarantee you plenty of people will favor that option.

Even if the V6 gets 20 more hp or 2 more mpg, the physical and audible sensation of the V8 is worth it.
The simplicity of the 8 compared to all thats going on with an ecoboost too.
And if I'm going FI, a midly blown coyote feels like at least triple the power
over a 2.7, out of the hole and has ZERO lag. Just what you want for stout
"bumps" in the rocks.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hope these taillights make it to production or something close
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holy shit this is awesome!

What a great way to give a sneak peek to the real Bronco. To have it running along with the Baja Bronco was epic. To utilize the R in BRONCO in red on the grill for racing is cool as fuck.
I love the boxy look. I love the hood. Looks even better then I thought. The flared front top side of the front fenders is such a great addition. The front grill appears it will be pretty flat and throw back looking. The side profile and angle of the windshield look great and I love the low profile of the top half. Even the tail light structure looks good.

Now I realize this is a purpose built Baja race truck so it's obviously a stretched two door body. However, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the actual length of the four door. Also, I'm not going to put much weight into the front suspension as again this is a purpose built truck. Great to see that its on the actual frame though. Hard to take anything away from the fender arches but it is interesting they are a little more squared off like the EB on here. Love the detail of the horse on the roof too.

Overall this is amazing.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4. I need a second job.

I initially read that as " I'll need a second one." ,(meaning you'll want two Broncobronco's and I thought, This dude has it BAD .... and I like how he thinks! LOL

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I made it! To the end of this thread that is.. got a late start, holy cow y’all been busy posting!
I like it! if that stretched two door is built on the 4 door chassis, I think I’m changing my mind and going 4 door.
I think the 4 door might be better looking when it comes out as well as more practical for my application.

Sponsored

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's a profile of the Bronco R vs the silhouette of the teaser, they line up surprisingly well, but the hood does look elongated by a few inches and the windshield is much further raked back. Coincidentally (or maybe not) the A-Pillar of the silhouette lines up about perfectly with the panel gap above the front wheel well.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you doubt the sincerity of my interest in a V8 then you really aren't paying attention.

I get the impression that your level of dedication to anything you claim to desire is pretty shallow if your opinion can be swayed so easily from FSB to "midget mobile" by a shiny thing. Not all of us are leaves blowing in the wind.

Just for reference, since you seem to have reading comprehension problems, here's the first post I made over a year ago when I joined the forum ...

I actually want to avoid the electronics that reviewers tend to go ga-ga for, and would love to have a V8. Modest amenities and simple reliable power. A V8 would be a big feature advantage over the competition.
And another one from a few days ago, before the shiny thing swayed so many other peoples' opinions ...

Sound and feel are a lot like looks, in that they have subjective value. No amount of faking it or dressing it up will be a convincing replacement.
Sponsored

Last edited: