Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now I thought I was done, so I tried the switches and nothing happened. I learned that behind the glove box you have to splice this with a power wire.

First open the glove box, and press this release on both sides, allowing the drawer to more fully open.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6258

Find the grey/orange wire and give it a nice tug to release it.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6253

Then fish out the brown/white wire, which is impossible to see and about 8 inches too short.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6256

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6254

These black tips won't come off with wire strippers, I just cut the wire behind them. Yes I should have swapped back to red crimps, but blue was already out.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6257
Sponsored

OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now you need to pick which switch you're going to wire it to. In the video they say to go for switch 6, but my 2022 came with a 10A fuse which wasn't enough (I needed 30A). Check how much current (how many amps) your bar requires and make sure you either use the switch with sufficient current, or you upgrade the fuse on the line you choose.

Here's how to tell what color wire you're looking for if you're ready to crimp and be done. Remember now that your wire from the light bar is brown/white, and the color you're crimping to can be found in the table below. If you're unsure, I would go to AUX1 which was 30A on my bronco.

The current ratings for the fuses here is wrong for the 2022, the table at the end is correct though.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6259.JPG

If you want to check what fuse you have for each line, or find the fuse for a line to increase the current, here is the map.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker 1652073099197

Here are the correct current ratings, and the fuse numbers so you can find them in the fuse panel.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker 1652073351152

OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And that's a wrap. I didn't reinstall the colored caps because I didn't want to drill a hole through it for the power cable. I also don't see the need for them.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6262

OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed the tent onto the trailer. It fit surprisingly well, the box on the trailer is 6 ft long x 4 ft wide x 2 ft tall. Lots of plans to come for the trailer but need to get the welder setup first. I'm considering color ideas for once I'm done with mods. I like the flat black, maybe a flat forest green, or possibly even some type of camo. Should I paint the rims black?

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6044

Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What if you notched the cap so the wire could pass?

OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker 4D80448F-E70D-41F5-B7DC-AAFEB768C00E

The lights are on temporarily while waiting for the bumper. Install was very straight forward, used the provided wire harness and wires to Aux 4, 5, 6 since they’re low current.

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your trailer is pretty slick, did you build it or purchase it? Do you have a few more pics that you could share of it?
I would never use a tent, but if it was built right you could take your top off and set it on top of it if you were on a long trip with the rack on top.

OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your trailer is pretty slick, did you build it or purchase it? Do you have a few more pics that you could share of it?
I would never use a tent, but if it was built right you could take your top off and set it on top of it if you were on a long trip with the rack on top.
I got it from a local fabricator who built it to sell on Craigslist. Was a great find, I’m really happy with it and have a friend buying one from the same guy.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Making progress, but right now it's one step forward and two steps back. I need to take the bumper / winch / lights / LUX package sensors all off again to fix a few things. Luckily I haven't sold my daily yet so I can leave this in the garage through the weekend while I rebuild things.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker E81538E4-0633-4F83-B674-8245C5592384_1_105_c

OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went to El Mirage, CA, this past weekend. More pics and adventures in the Instagram.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6378
Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6446
Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6467
Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6387
Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6382

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker E03FA815-4587-4219-AEFC-0E21EB98557F_1_105_c

OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The new bumper is really easy to install if you don't have the extra sensors, but if you do it's not trivial.

First thing is to take the old bumper off and remove all the brackets. The tow hooks come off with a socket, the smaller brackets that protect the wires have torx screws (I think they're actually torx plus).

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6567

Once you have access to the sensors, take them off carefully so that you don't damage the plastic mounting brackets.

Start by removing the plugs by lifting the back of the clips

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6562

Then pop the sensors out by pushing the housing outward

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6563

AFTER you remove the sensor then you can push these taps in and pop the sensor housing out.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6565

OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once the harness is out, you can pop the sensor housing into the various brackets. You'll notice they are not all the same, and the relocation brackets will match the pattern on the sensor housing.

Also notice that the sensors do not go in both direction, if it's not snapping in early then rotate it 180 degrees.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6568

I'd recommend cutting all the wire harness mounts off, this will make it much easier to route the harness and fish it through random holes.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6597

On the wiring harness you'll also notice two plugs that aren't being used. I had to cut the one on the far end of the harness off because it didn't fit through the bumper. I'm not sure if these will get power or not, but if you cut the wires be sure to tape them up so that don't short on something.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6589

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6591

OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On this next step you're on your own a bit. What I mean is that everyone is going have a different winch, lights, etc... so I'm not going to give a step-by-step that nobody will read. If you have questions just ask and I'll try and help.

I had to cut the harness in two places and extend the wires. Be sure you don't run the wires through the holes where the bumper will bolt on, and don't wire tie them to the holes either.

This is the final pic before I mounted it, but after mounting I actually cut some wire ties off and rerouted some wires to be sure they were tucked and protected.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6598

I didn't get any hardware for the gutter sensor brackets, so I grabbed some 1/4-20 - 3/4" bolts with nylon locks screws.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6579

And notice you can't fit three lights here now, so I moved one next to the side mirror.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker 1653281666902
Sponsored

Last edited: