Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't take many pics of the removal process because @BAMF posted some early instruction for that part here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bamf-overland-front-winch-bumper.35783/post-1377065

Just click on the PDF and they'll walk through how to remove the front end. In this version of their instructions they mention a relocation bracket for the ACC sensor (adaptive cruz control), but that didn't come with my kit. They also mention that you should leave the blades off in front of the radiator to give better air flow, BUT if you do this for the upper radiator then your headlights will fall off.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6585
Sponsored

OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I didn't see a way for this to work for everyone easily, I found some random angle iron and welded a relocation bracket for my ACC sensor. I'm sure there are many ways to figure this part out, good luck!

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6588

Last edited:
OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now pop everything back together, and prep your bumper to be installed. This thing is heavy, and even more so with the winch and such so you'd be better to have three people for this step.

If you don't have two friends around (which was my case) here's an old trick I used to swap transmission by myself without a lift. You can get the bolts in finger tights like this, and then use the jack on each side to get the gap you want between the bumper and car panels before fully tightening.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6600

I didn't want a big gap between the bumper and car, and wanted to keep ground clearance / approach angle maxed, so I kind of smashed the winch into the panel below the grill. This is what you call self-clearance.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6601

Last edited:
OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today my ACC didn’t work at all so I suspect metal shafts inside the blades. Going to try and cut them out tonight and try again tomorrow.

Also had a parking sensor going nuts, going to check the wires for contiguity.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6613

Last edited:
OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, there's no metal in the blades but I removed them anyway to see if they still improve the ACC. If it fixes anything I'll post pics of the process, if it doesn't there's no point.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6633

I moved the parking sensor further out to see if it fixed anything, but no dice.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker BF67B5F7-FD39-420D-9768-AC6AE230ABC4_1_105_c

I started wondering if there's a reference sensor or something in that "spare plug" I cut off the wiring harness 😂 (I don't know jack about new cars like this), so I decided to reinstall it and see if there was an improvement. Didn't want to keep bugging the neighbors so we'll see if it did anything tomorrow.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you took the front end off and you're wondering what screws go where now, here are some tips.

The left is for metal, the right is for plastic, don't put the plastic screw in the metal hole or things can get messy.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6634

The plastic thread pattern is to hold the radiator shutter to the frame of the car.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6636

and the metal with blue 'temporary hold' loc tight.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6635

Next are the headlight screws. They're the same thread but the longer one has the 8 mm head, and the shorter one has the 10 mm thread.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6637

The 10 mm short bolt goes up top

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6638

and the 8 mm longer bolt goes on the front.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6639

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So where are you with the parking sensor and ACC issues?

The parking sensors taking up a spot for lights is disappointing since all the photos @BAMF posted show the three lights.

Still waiting on complete installation instructions. For $1800 it seems like a reasonable expectation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So where are you with the parking sensor and ACC issues?

The parking sensors taking up a spot for lights is disappointing since all the photos @BAMF posted show the three lights.

Still waiting on complete installation instructions. For $1800 it seems like a reasonable expectation.
Got distracted, happy Memorial weekend. Actually this photo was taken about 30 minutes from BAMF.

@BAMF let me know my kit should have had the ACC mounted hardware and they shipped to me in like a day. I'll put together some updates.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6808

OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the parking sensors
- I checked the spare plug, and it indeed was just a spare plug that you can cut off
- I checked the resistance of all the wires to the sensors and they were all good. Note that one of the wire is ~350 ohm to a common wire (probably ground I guess).
- I swapped the sensors to see if the issue stayed or followed the sensor, and actually the problem went away.

The solution was to point the sensors out a bit more. I believe they were seeing the nose of the bumper. Now they've been working well and without issue.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6663

Here's the old bumper

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6657

OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the ACC mounting hardware, it was meant to be included but by mistake left out.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6651

I mounted it on the right side since I already had the wire there. Push it back to be flush with the frame, helping to keep it straight and not point to the side. You can adjust the rotation top to bottom.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker 67523128097__A309CEF0-68FB-459D-B658-536EEB1D18FB

You need to pop the plastic sleeves out

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6654

Then replace the sleeve with the small washer.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6655

It also fit well in the opening I made on the radiator shutter.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6666

Sponsored
OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The car wouldn't let me use the ACC sensor when it was behind the radiator shutter, so I had to remove some of the blades.

Remove the entire assembly from the car. Looking from the back, remove this holding backing by gently prying these tabs out. They're pretty brittle since this wasn't really designed to be handled by the customer.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6622

Now just pop the blades out using a screw driver to pry them.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6625

The top few will all come out together, which you likely noticed in my previous postings.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6623

Last edited:
OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the new mounting bracket, and the removed shutter blades, the ACC kind of works now.

I took a 10 hr trip before this and didn't have any problems with the ACC at all. I've driven about 5 hrs so far in the last few days and I don't use the ACC much because it keeps doing weird things.

It is annoying that it will randomly say I'm about to hit someone, but otherwise I'm just glad to have everything back tougher. I'll mess with this more next week, doing family stuff all weekend.

Was calling in the mission district today.

Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker IMG_6824

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you very much for the updates.

The parking sensors being resolved is great news. The ACC acting squirrelly is not.

Please keep us updated with @BAMF advice and ideas on ACC.

Happy Memorial Day weekend. Nice fish!!

OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you very much for the updates.

The parking sensors being resolved is great news. The ACC acting squirrelly is not.

Please keep us updated with @BAMF advice and ideas on ACC.

Happy Memorial Day weekend. Nice fish!!
I would say this is more of a winch update than a BAMF update since others will have the same issue. I may see if anyone else has solved this. I also need to make a run without the grill to be sure that’s really the cause.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say this is more of a winch update than a BAMF update since others will have the same issue. I may see if anyone else has solved this. I also need to make a run without the grill to be sure that’s really the cause.
While I appreciate your point of view, the #1 reason I ordered this bumper from @BAMF was based on their claims of being able to mount a winch while retaining the factory parking sensor, ACC, and camera functionality.

So IMO the bumper and hardware actually needs to do those things. @BAMF needs to be held accountable if their product installed following their instructions doesn't deliver the promised functionality.

If I wanted an unusable ACC I could have went with the Ford warranteed solution to mounting a winch.
Sponsored