Sponsored

With some design elements now known... Are you buying the Bronco?

Buying a Bronco

• Total voters

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Whether or not it will come with the option of the manual tranny is the deal maker/breaker for me.
If it comes with solid axle, I’m definitely getting the manual. If it comes with IFS I think I’ll have to go with the more practical 10 speed auto since it won’t be a true crawler anyway.
Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would have taken some real set backs for me to be deterred. It's still too early to say 100% but I'm 99%. I'm still licking my chops for the real deal and to see it's removable roof and door set up as well as it's actual capabilities and looks.

Last edited:

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...... so..... "if" the BroncoBronco has a "Trailer Tow Package", what would you guess it's tow rating to be?
Being able to tow at least 5000lbs or not will weigh Heavily on my buying decision.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think all you can learn from looking at the Ranger, is that the 4 banger will not be what limits the towing numbers for the Bronco.

Wrangler (3,500lb) and Gladiator (>7,000lb) have extremely different tow ratings, even though the engine (V6) is the same, and many other components are arguably similar or the same as well.
Tow ratings are NOT about how much you can move, but how much you can STOP...... safely.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tow ratings are NOT about how much you can move, but how much you can STOP...... safely.
Uuuummmmm..... yes & no......

Trailer Brakes to mention one thing.... (but if the trailer doesn't have brakes, yes, it is a big factor, but it's not the only factor....)
The weight of the Tow Vehicle (not enough Tow Vehicle weigh to produce enough down force for tire traction to move with the trailer attached) is another....

So just saying that the Tow Rating is "NOT about how much you can move, but how much you can STOP" just isn't accurate.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Have you looked at an F-150 towing chart lately?

Pick a bunch of different trucks with the same brakes, and you will still see large variations in rated towing capacity due to gear ratios, engine choices, and other factors.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wheelbase and suspension tuning are insanely important too.

Maxxed Out

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2014 Jeep 2dr JK
Glad i found this forum - have been daydreaming about a new Bronco for a while (I already have the colors scheme picked out! Hoping for a ruby red type color - don't let me down Ford). If it falls between my Raptor and Jeep function wise it will be perfect for me.

Ford must have a few things up their sleeves given how long it has taken to come to fruition. Hopefully there will enough of the old school ideas and designs with new some technologies mixed in.

If nothing else Ford has accomplished grabbing our attention with all the speculation out there.

Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wheelbase and suspension tuning are insanely important too.
Looking at the F-150 tow chart, small changes in wheelbase (short vs regular bed ~20" wb difference) tend not to make much difference in tow ratings. However, for smaller SUVs such as JL vs JLU, there is a bigger difference.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad i found this forum - have been daydreaming about a new Bronco for a while (I already have the colors scheme picked out! Hoping for a ruby red type color - don't let me down Ford). If it falls between my Raptor and Jeep function wise it will be perfect for me.

Ford must have a few things up their sleeves given how long it has taken to come to fruition. Hopefully there will enough of the old school ideas and designs with new some technologies mixed in.

If nothing else Ford has accomplished grabbing our attention with all the speculation out there.

You're on the same page as *most of us lol! Welcome to the Forum.

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
impressed with everything so far.....interior shoulder room will be the deal "make or break" for me …..4-6" roomier than a Wrangler inside, I'M IN :fingerscrossed:
Sponsored