Sponsored

Bronco R Race Prototype Revealed for Baja 1000!

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Okay, so something that just has me a bit confused... They keep saying the R was built on the T6 platform. But isn't the T6 platform what currently underpins the Ranger? I thought we were supposed to be getting a whole new platform for Bronco and the next Ranger... is that one also called T6?
Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Okay, so something that just has me a bit confused... They keep saying the R was built on the T6 platform. But isn't the T6 platform what currently underpins the Ranger? I thought we were supposed to be getting a whole new platform for Bronco and the next Ranger... is that one also called T6?
Bronco and the next Ranger are getting a new version of the T6 platform, my understanding is that it's an evolution of it but not a clean sheet design. Still called T6.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, I REALLY hope it doesn’t have completely round headlights... they just make it look so goofy

Also, you forgot the stepped window line down the side
I think your right. I think its going to have C chaped headlights, like the f150.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Basically as Jalisurr pointed out. The program P375 is specific to that generation, but T6 is basically an immortal reference to the architecture. The P703 or U725 (next gen) will obviously pull from the P375 but it is still all new and improved. It can be confusing but T3 is half ton (F-150) whether its P558 or P702 ect.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think your right. I think its going to have C chaped headlights, like the f150.
As much as I would LOVE that, I personally don't really see that happening. But if it does... THANK GOD

Really though, what I forsee is a squared off headlight lens with a circular "halo" LED running light that has the top 1/8 or so of it cut off and blended into the hoodline to give it the aggressive appearance that is so common on modern cars

Bronco and the next Ranger are getting a new version of the T6 platform, my understanding is that it's an evolution of it but not a clean sheet design. Still called T6.
Basically as Jalisurr pointed out. The program P375 is specific to that generation, but T6 is basically an immortal reference to the architecture. The P703 or U725 (next gen) will obviously pull from the P375 but it is still all new and improved. It can be confusing but T3 is half ton (F-150) whether its P558 or P702 ect.
Ahh, okay, that makes sense. When I kept hearing "new platform", I was thinking a whole clean-slate redesign. But I see how it's similar to Mustang, where the Foxbody and SN95 were different generations, but were all FOX platforms... or the S197 and S550 are both D4 (I think?) platforms

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hope you are right. I think that grill design with the single bar across the front would look good with the C shaped head lights.

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Keep dreaming. The value of early Broncos has absolutely nothing to do with the new Bronco.
My Midlife crisis vehicle "was" going to be either an EB or FJ40.
NOW, it will be a BroncoBronco. Because the FJCruiser never evolved and the BroncoBronco looks to be open air AND modern reliability.
So, instead of my money going into an EB, it will be going into a BroncoBronco. One less person to push demand on an EB.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ahh, okay, that makes sense. When I kept hearing "new platform", I was thinking a whole clean-slate redesign. But I see how it's similar to Mustang, where the Foxbody and SN95 were different generations, but were all FOX platforms... or the S197 and S550 are both D4 (I think?) platforms
Help to clear this up a bit-The F-150, Expedition, Ranger, and the upcoming Bronco are built off a frame. The Frames are different (obviously) but recently Ford has blurred the lines of its Product development and the F-series and Ranger are counted as the same "platform" now by them. I'm sure they are looking at ways of reusing F-150 bits in the Ranger and Bronco to keep costs down.

All other products are unibody-which means say the example of the C1 platform which is what the Focus and Escape are based on-hard points and subframes of the unibody are shared between them, even though they look physically different from one another. A great example is take a look at the pre 2020 Escape and the Focus-the Front subframe (Shock towers and firewall) are identical to one another, but the way the sheetmetal fits around it is different.

The Mustang is on its own bespoke platform-The S197 came out in 2005 and the S550 is a further improvement of it. Certain elements weren't changed-I can tell you that sitting in a 2017 GT vs a 2006 GTis more or less the identical experience, outside of the improved materials and different styling of the dash. Down the road the Mustang might move to a new platform in 2023, sharing parts with the new Explorer platform.

There is no D4 platform-only the D3, which was the outgoing Taurus/Explorer/MKS platform. CD4 is the Fusion/MKZ/Contenital/Edge/Nautilus and the new RWD Explorer doesn't have a platform designation officially from Ford, but CD6 is what some people are calling it.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Help to clear this up a bit-The F-150, Expedition, Ranger, and the upcoming Bronco are built off a frame. The Frames are different (obviously) but recently Ford has blurred the lines of its Product development and the F-series and Ranger are counted as the same "platform" now by them. I'm sure they are looking at ways of reusing F-150 bits in the Ranger and Bronco to keep costs down.

All other products are unibody-which means say the example of the C1 platform which is what the Focus and Escape are based on-hard points and subframes of the unibody are shared between them, even though they look physically different from one another. A great example is take a look at the pre 2020 Escape and the Focus-the Front subframe (Shock towers and firewall) are identical to one another, but the way the sheetmetal fits around it is different.

The Mustang is on its own bespoke platform-The S197 came out in 2005 and the S550 is a further improvement of it. Certain elements weren't changed-I can tell you that sitting in a 2017 GT vs a 2006 GTis more or less the identical experience, outside of the improved materials and different styling of the dash. Down the road the Mustang might move to a new platform in 2023, sharing parts with the new Explorer platform.

There is no D4 platform-only the D3, which was the outgoing Taurus/Explorer/MKS platform. CD4 is the Fusion/MKZ/Contenital/Edge/Nautilus and the new RWD Explorer doesn't have a platform designation officially from Ford, but CD6 is what some people are calling it.
I remember reading. The explorer/ aviator platform is going to be the go-to RWD platform for suvs and cars. The next gen mustang and possibly continental will utilize it.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
So one thing I absolutely love about this prototype the more I look at it, that I’m sure will transfer, is the windshield rake. I think the combination of the flat windshield with a decent rake to it looks absolutely amazing. Makes it look super aggressive IMO.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So one thing I absolutely love about this prototype the more I look at it, that I’m sure will transfer, is the windshield rake. I think the combination of the flat windshield with a decent rake to it looks absolutely amazing. Makes it look super aggressive IMO.
The windshield rake caught my eye as well....but I was thinking the 'tarp' and also the R&T render was somewhat more upright. TopRecon posted the overlay below. How do you think they compare?
upload_2019-11-7_21-50-13.png

upload_2019-11-7_21-50-43.png

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The windshield rake caught my eye as well....but I was thinking the 'tarp' and also the R&T render was somewhat more upright. TopRecon posted the overlay below. How do you think they compare?
upload_2019-11-7_21-50-13.png

upload_2019-11-7_21-50-43.png
I think that the baja bronco body is shortened heightwise. so for hte same distance back, the windshield will be less raked

Idahorocks

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the feedback. The front wheel arches need turned down a notch. And the front suspension needed to suck up a bit. I messed with the c shaped headlights and just couldn’t make it work. I’m partial to the round style and sticking with early Bronco styling cues.

If I squint a bit and imagine it on a dealer lot in a little over a year then I’m in.

F1138A42-9EDD-48D8-BD20-54F9FDE58736.jpeg

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the feedback. The front wheel arches need turned down a notch. And the front suspension needed to suck up a bit. I messed with the c shaped headlights and just couldn’t make it work. I’m partial to the round style and sticking with early Bronco styling cues.

If I squint a bit and imagine it on a dealer lot in a little over a year then I’m in.

F1138A42-9EDD-48D8-BD20-54F9FDE58736.jpeg
Looking pretty good! I think the front wheel/tire needs to be a bit bigger, it looks like the back is larger than the front at the moment

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
This totally grabbed my attention when I first saw it too but if the actual tarp production model is any indicator the windshield will be like a wall and not nearly as sloped and racy.
Sponsored