First Name
Barney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco II, 2008 Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll keep driving my 08 Ridgeline and sink some $$$ into my ‘90 Bronco II. But...I ain’t gettin any younger
Sponsored

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will keep my trusty 78 and my F-150................not sure the new Bronco will be my cup of tea anyway. Have driven the new Ranger and don't care for it at all....so I hope the new Bronco is much better.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll keep the Pajero Evo. Probably start stockpiling parts from japan for when I inevitably need them. Maybe someday do the turbo swap from the 3000gt for some extra go-fast.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will keep my trusty 78 and my F-150................not sure the new Bronco will be my cup of tea anyway. Have driven the new Ranger and don't care for it at all....so I hope the new Bronco is much better.

wish i still had my 74 , it was shipped to Australia by a college student. Like you the ranger doesn't appeal to me at all. and I could care less about the rapter versions. im not looking for a hopped up hot rod. just a basic 4wd that I can function in , I live on the mountain, first responder, and need to get to and from the incidents in inclement weather. that's why I have my 97 v6 blazer now. use hunting and have lights and sirens on it. Also like most of our generation were getting older and high trucks are very hard to get into. Steps don't help when you need knee and hip replacements.
For what its worth (this has been noted before, but I'll reiterate for you) The 2021 Bronco will be the first generation you see of the NEW ranger, not the current ranger. The one you test drove was an update, albeit significant, of the global platform which was launched in 2011.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For what its worth (this has been noted before, but I'll reiterate for you) The 2021 Bronco will be the first generation you see of the NEW ranger, not the current ranger. The one you test drove was an update, albeit significant, of the global platform which was launched in 2011.
"New" is the most inappropriately used term in the auto industry. Aside from maybe pickup points for the suspension there is pretty much nothing common from the Global ranger to the North American Ranger from frame/chassis and power train perspective. Strategically they are similar in the chassis but as you mentioned it was a significant update.

I could see a few frame material, and maybe body front end structure tweaks to ensure it scores "Good" on passenger side overlap.

The would wager the next ranger will be a heavy Class A surface change thoughout most of the body (could be a complete top hat), and an interior update to homologate it to the rest of the brand. I can't see Ford investing more capital into powertrain and chassis systems outside of performance variants for planned engine life cycles.

Sponsored

DaBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll probably try and find a clean OBS 7.3 PowerStroke, Crew Cab Long Bed as my do-anything vehicle, then buy another Mustang. Been wanting an S550 for a while.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base

We have a preferred go-to car to get out of town in case of a zombie apocalypse,
I’m betting there will be substantial Toyota Prius and Nissan Leaf losses due to being left behind when this is all over...

Babe grab the 4 Wheel drive keys and a gun! No honey I’ll grab the Prius keys, it gets better fuel mileage..

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We have a preferred go-to car to get out of town in case of a zombie apocalypse,
I’m betting there will be substantial Toyota Prius and Nissan Leaf losses due to being left behind when this is all over...

Babe grab the 4 Wheel drive keys and a gun! No honey I’ll grab the Prius keys, it gets better fuel mileage..
HeeHee!!. I often debated speed, frugalness, vs all-terrainness in that situation.
I'd probably have to defer to the rig I literally have driven over cars with.

026.jpg

(even though it runs on pane, which would be really hard to refill or quickly
get enough tanks to bring fuel onboard).

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Bronco is under consideration to replace my wife's 2012 Mini Countryman.

If the Bronco turns out to be a NO, the Jeep Wrangler is at the top of the list. However, a well equipped Sahara is very expensive, so if we decide to spend less, we would probably get something similar to the Countryman, but a little more economical, like a Hyundai Kona.

It's hard to say how things will play out. My wife is not driving a lot these days, so hopefully the Mini lasts a while longer without needing too many expensive repairs.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
The , but a little more economical, like a Hyundai Kona.
I can understand saving money up front but think about what you get after say 5 years of ownership..
Used Kia/Hyundai resale versus used Bronco resale..

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can understand saving money up front but think about what you get after say 5 years of ownership..
Used Kia/Hyundai resale versus used Bronco resale..
Fair point. I don't typically put much focus on resale, but my wife tends to like change more than I do....

My last truck was 10 years old when I sold it, and by the time an affordable Bronco is actually available in Canada, my wife's car will be 10 years old. In most cases, the actual dollar difference between a vehicle with good or bad resale is not that big after 10 years. However, with vehicles like the Wrangler, that hold their value exceptionally well, the difference can be pretty substantial. A 10 year old Wrangler still fetches good coin.
Sponsored

Last edited: