BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
. In most cases, the actual dollar difference between a vehicle with good or bad resale is not that big after 10 years.
Yes most cases for sure. The exception is Wranglers, Raptors and dang sure Broncos..
Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes most cases for sure. The exception is Wranglers, Raptors and dang sure Broncos..
It's a little tough to forecast how well the Bronco will hold its value, since we don't even know its value yet. Or am I wrong?

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's a little tough to forecast how well the Bronco will hold its value, since we don't even know its value yet. Or am I wrong?
Offroad focused vehicles seem to hold their values very well in general. The Wrangler, Raptor, and 4Runner all are at the top of the best resale value lists. It's not unreasonable to expect that the Bronco will hold its value quite well unless the pricing is completely out of wack with what you would expect (similar price range to a wrangler).

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Offroad focused vehicles seem to hold their values very well in general. The Wrangler, Raptor, and 4Runner all are at the top of the best resale value lists. It's not unreasonable to expect that the Bronco will hold its value quite well unless the pricing is completely out of wack with what you would expect (similar price range to a wrangler).
You're probably right.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sure it could be a big nasty money losing flop for Ford.. (over priced, poor ratings, not nearly as capable as promised, ugly) anything can happen.
We will all know when it finally gets revealed which will be long before anybody can actually put money on the line.
If the forum blows up for days after the reveal and nobody can stop talking about it (in a good way) you can pretty much count on it being a smart money buy for early adopters.

Last edited:

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If the Bronco winds up sucking I'm going to keep driving hoopties until I can import a Pajero Evo, preferably in white.

800px-Mitsubishi_pajero-evolution_I.jpg

Of course the Bronco doesn't suck and we get one, I might still try to get a white Pajero Evo because come one, just look at it ...

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If the Bronco winds up sucking I'm going to keep driving hoopties until I can import a Pajero Evo, preferably in white.

800px-Mitsubishi_pajero-evolution_I.jpg

Of course the Bronco doesn't suck and we get one, I might still try to get a white Pajero Evo because come one, just look at it ...
If the Bronco doesn't suck I'll have a silver Pajero Evo for sale...

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a few on my list. 4Runner, maybe Tacoma (I have kids and that back seat is TINY).

Bronco is, so far, at the top of the list...If the styling is on-point and the interior is on-point and there's a Raptor version.

Outlier that may win the day: Defender.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2dr Wrangler

Im actually only looking at the Bronco as it's the ultimate rival and it comes with a turbo and manual at the same time

Sponsored

Mr B

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 f-350 4x4 supercab shortbox dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm admittedly a fanboy for the revival of the Bronco. I love bringing back the old nameplates, and the current generation of vehicles is sadly lacking rugged, all-terrain oriented options. I'll curse the powers that be if the new Bronco disappoints, but I will probably have worn out my Ranger by the time it releases. I was thinking about what I would consider if the Bronco goes the way of the new "Blazer". What are your back-up alternatives?
if the Bronco disappoints I will go to the new Jeep Rubicon 6 speed manual.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Probably look at the "Baby" Bronco, or next-gen Ranger. Or just stay with the two I have: '18 Escape and an '09 Mercury Mariner (favorite of the two).

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm admittedly a fanboy for the revival of the Bronco. I love bringing back the old nameplates, and the current generation of vehicles is sadly lacking rugged, all-terrain oriented options. I'll curse the powers that be if the new Bronco disappoints, but I will probably have worn out my Ranger by the time it releases. I was thinking about what I would consider if the Bronco goes the way of the new "Blazer". What are your back-up alternatives?
I enjoyed your comparison to the blazer lol, but to answer the question, I would get a black jeep gladiator, lift it and slap 35s. Or most likely get a wrangler willys editiion

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wow...awesome thread revival. I started at pg 1 and was like WTF...then looked at the date and chuckled. Zombie Jebus and Lazarus would be proud of bringing this from the dead.
Sponsored