broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats fast! Although I think I have a different club show I am doing (separate hobby) on that weekend so can't make it (I will confirm). Anyway, dont count me out for the next one coming after. I wouldn't mind going straight to Dickey Bell or that backside of Daniel you were discussing on the next trip; since we got broke in on the moderate trails yesterday.
Backside of Daniel was a bit rougher than the last time I went (2 weeks back), oddly enough. But still not bad. Couple of close-quarters turns between trees, etc.
The hardest part of the backside is the very top, but couldn’t reach it yesterday due to dozens of Jeeps (and this awesome custom cage-truck buggy parked on a huge rock) clogging it up.
Sponsored

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m going to Atlanta that week, and don’t think I’ll be able to come. If I can do the bypass with my step bars I’d be fine doing it another time.

As an aside,next time I’m keeping the top closed on the way in and out. I learned the hard way about the road dust on the gravel. I’ve spent all morning cleaning every interior surface. 🤦‍♂️

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m going to Atlanta that week, and don’t think I’ll be able to come. If I can do the bypass with my step bars I’d be fine doing it another time.

As an aside,next time I’m keeping the top closed on the way in and out. I learned the hard way about the road dust on the gravel. I’ve spent all morning cleaning every interior surface. 🤦‍♂️
Same. Sinuses are not happy today.
I did have the forethought to close my dash vents prior to keep it out of them.
But every nook and cranny was dusty.
Don’t even want to think about what I’m going to use to clean the inside of the soft top.
I used compressed air to blow most of it out prior, which helped some.
But yeah, that access road is a killer, especially for anyone past about 2nd position.

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I had to remove the Bimini for two reasons: 1) to clean the roll bar while standing up on floorboard and 2) the mesh is filthy. I’m going to hose it off.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same. Sinuses are not happy today.
I did have the forethought to close my dash vents prior to keep it out of them.
But every nook and cranny was dusty.
Don’t even want to think about what I’m going to use to clean the inside of the soft top.
I used compressed air to blow most of it out prior, which helped some.
But yeah, that access road is a killer, especially for anyone past about 2nd position.
shew, so I wasn't getting sick after all. I woke up late last night with a sore throat but that was it. Thus stated to think it could just be inhaling all that dust. I am better now so I think that was it. My wife tried to make it sound like I maybe getting the dreaded C. Nah just some dust.

But yeah, you aren't kidding. Recall I had my doors off too, so extra doses there. The dust was worse there then Windrock, and that took me a while to clean "most" of it out.

Sponsored

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well at least with a Badlands you can just hose it out. Our backseats weren’t as bad as yours though since we had them folded down.

I haven’t had any sinus issues, but boy did I have a lot of dirt trapped in my HAIR.

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looks like a good time - wish I had a Bronco to tag along. Maybe someday ...

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Few more photos from the BOTC trip to Uwharrie! I’ll be posting more photos in the next few days and some video footage from the 360 Camera. Check out our Instagram @BroncosOfTheCarolinas for more videos and photos!

Running 37s and was actually impressed with how the Bronco handled it, ran 2wd most of the day and only used the rear locker once.
Ford Bronco Biggest Bronco day at Uwharrie National Forest yet B3344F2F-8A0E-433D-BF8E-B34E734DC5D7

Ford Bronco Biggest Bronco day at Uwharrie National Forest yet BF9B142F-3AD2-4F91-B210-950B4D0F67D7

Ford Bronco Biggest Bronco day at Uwharrie National Forest yet 90982C44-92C0-4BD4-9F83-99A8A6F1C998

Ford Bronco Biggest Bronco day at Uwharrie National Forest yet E41238EF-10D9-4AE8-BABB-AF4CC3C2153F

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I completely forgot to mention that we saw a Delorean on our way though Davidson County going down to Uwharrie.

No flux capacitor, though. 🥲

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man, you guys look like you had fun, wish I could have been there, had to manage a application upgrade at work today.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Next trip will be June 25. I’ll update on here the start time (meet up time at the Outpost) once I nail that down some.
expecting 9-10am start time.
All are welcome, wheel what ya got.
I’d probably fanboy over any EBs that showed up for a bit, and Jeeps are welcome too.
We plan on doing Dickey Bell on that trip. But can split off to 2 groups for anyone who doesn’t want to attempt it, even with the hill climb bypass that is there.
I'm going to be crushed if I can't take my Bronco. If it comes to that, does anyone want some extra passengers?

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to be crushed if I can't take my Bronco. If it comes to that, does anyone want some extra passengers?
Just let me know.
I’ll make room for one or two, and bound to be room, as several rigs Saturday had a driver only.
it’s up to each individual but I’m sure we can work it out one way or another.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just let me know.
I’ll make room for one or two, and bound to be room, as several rigs Saturday had a driver only.
it’s up to each individual but I’m sure we can work it out one way or another.
Yep, very true. I was one of the guys on the trail alone. I am curious why @Tricky Dick may not have his. Is it still on order or are you getting something done. Either way, we can work something out.

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, very true. I was one of the guys on the trail alone. I am curious why @Tricky Dick may not have his. Is it still on order or are you getting something done. Either way, we can work something out.
Major repair.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I trashed my brakes on the last trip out and it's been at Ford the last 3 weeks. It might get done before my trip but it's going to be a game time decision.
Sponsored