First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Chrispy....what's the ouija board say about Bronco?? If the same process, that would open order books this coming spring.

"The Blue Oval will open reservation books for the vehicle (Mustang Mach E) on November 17th – the same day that the EV will be unveiled. The process represents a very different kind of go-to-market approach and process than Ford has taken in years past"
Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wouldn't it be ironic if the 4-door plug-in with a galloping pony on it outperformed the Mustang in a majority of performance metrics? If the Mach-E became the brand performance icon, rather than its internal combustion cousin?

All this talk about watering down the Mustang image makes me laugh. If everything with a Mustang badge on it had 700hp, did a 9-second quarter-mile and .78 on the skidpad I could see it - but go to any rental car counter and get a sense of what "watered down" is. I would think there is much more cause to scream at the sky over that uncomfortable reality than some cross-branding on a new model.

I guess we'll get to see soon enough...

Stang72

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Wouldn't it be ironic if the 4-door plug-in with a galloping pony on it outperformed the Mustang in a majority of performance metrics? If the Mach-E became the brand performance icon, rather than its internal combustion cousin?

All this talk about watering down the Mustang image makes me laugh. If everything with a Mustang badge on it had 700hp, did a 9-second quarter-mile and .78 on the skidpad I could see it - but go to any rental car counter and get a sense of what "watered down" is. I would think there is much more cause to scream at the sky over that uncomfortable reality than some cross-branding on a new model.

The Mustang is more than just performance... I don't like the Mustang badging going on other vehicles. Its my opinion and its not going to change. So be snarky all you wish... Guess it makes ya feel better about yourself.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Mustang is more than just performance... I don't like the Mustang badging going on other vehicles. Its my opinion and its not going to change. So be snarky all you wish... Guess it makes ya feel better about yourself.
I get it, from a strictly styling perspective, that the lines could be less blurred than they are. That's an automotive tradition that in my opinion, is beginning to go a little too far (everything in the Chevy line looking like a Camaro). But overall, I guess I'm just not that wrapped up in the style aspect. Mustangs are pleasing to the eye to me, I guess if they were slapping a pony on something that looked like a Subaru Tribeca I'd be a little more up in arms about it.

Snarky? Nah, it just amuses me how wrapped up some people are about badges and emblems. So tribal. I'm not immune. But that is what drives a portion of enthusiast car sales, that identity. To some, the performance and style equals identity regardless of the badge. To others, the badge is the identity and performance is less relevant. And everything in-between. Some put huge Mustang graphics on windows and rocker panels, others de-badge. Both types pay the dealership and drive away.

Glad you have an opinion - I wasn't trying to change yours, just explain mine. I'll take your explanation of your perspective of "I don't like the Mustang badging going on other vehicles" as reason enough, not that anyone needs one.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, not going to happen. That would require a next-gen Mustang with a SIGNIFICANT downgrade in every performance, in which case, refer to my original point of "phasing out the real Mustang"

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm a nobody who bought two passenger cars this year.

What you really should have said is almost nobody is buying electrics. I don't want to take the time to look up the numbers, but I bet passenger car sales this year dwarf electrics.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't be too quick to believe USA will quickly adopt Europe's appetite for electric vehicles:

• Although comprised of many different countries, Europe is for the most part an Urban or Rural society. They just never developed the suburban sprawl that defines USA. I believe the miles driven per vehicle in the US is more than double Europe
  • In Europe, rail is pervasive...so are scooters and for that matter bicycles. With a high percentage of overall population in large cities, I'd guess the per capita auto ownership rate is comparable to what we have in NYC or Boston
  • While consumer-facing fuel cost is way way higher in Europe, that number has so much tax in it governments can just about peg it wherever they want

FL Trucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, not going to happen. That would require a next-gen Mustang with a SIGNIFICANT downgrade in every performance, in which case, refer to my original point of "phasing out the real Mustang"
Why is that so out of the realm of possibilities that the Mach E could potentially matching or outperforming the Mustang in many performance aspects?

Out accelerating everything but the new GT500 wouldn't be so hard for a performance EV (which easily hit mid 3 seconds). As for skidpad, the Model 3 already achieves 0.95g, which is close to the Mustang GT's 0.96g.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mustang fans need not worry.. Ford has not officially started calling it the all new electric Mach E inspired two door sedan yet.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why is that so out of the realm of possibilities that the Mach E could potentially matching or outperforming the Mustang in many performance aspects?

Out accelerating everything but the new GT500 wouldn't be so hard for a performance EV (which easily hit mid 3 seconds). As for skidpad, the Model 3 already achieves 0.95g, which is close to the Mustang GT's 0.96g.
The assertion that all that matters for a car to "outperform" another is 0-60 time and skidpad numbers is indicitave of why Tesla finds so many fools to sell their subpar products to

An EV MIGHT be able to hit close in 0-60, but nothing beyond that. Skidpad numbers aren't all that indicitave of how a car will ACUTALLY handle, moreso how much grip the tires can produce. With EVs typically being MUCH heavier than a like-sized ICE vehicle, it'll be harsher on those tires and start to overheat them. While we're talking track performace, that famed acceleration will only be on tap for maybe a lap or 2, after which point the vehicle will fall apart due to overheating brakes, tires, and power loss. And this is all in reference to the Model 3, a small sedan. Transfer all this to an SUV from a company that has never made a full EV before... additional weight, additional aero drag, higher cG, less precise suspension...

Long story short, the Mach 1 absolutely will not outperform the Mustang unless the Mustang gets a significant downgrade
Sponsored