Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here's a quick update, I fixed the mirrors so they come off the A-Pillar in a way that sort of fills in the notch along the top of the fender in the same way the Bronco R seems to, I think it flows much better, I also added a liner that acts as a divider between the fascia and the grille opening, it fills in some of the negative space around the headlights, makes them look better in my opinion, even though this is something not featured distinctly on the Bronco R. Since it seems to be of interest I'll try and do a mockup using Raptor-esque C headlamps, though for the record I don't think that's what Ford will be using, need to finish up work on the rear bumper and taillights first though. Thanks again for the feedback everyone.

Bronco_Update_v2_2019-Nov-13_08-43-13PM-000_CustomizedView15620142405.png
Lookin' good! For my personal preference I'd like to see fender openings enlarged a bit, and the bottom brought up a bit, to the bottom of the red section or even a touch higher rather than having those rails down below. Love what you've got going on with the hood and grill now!
Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like Ford has bent over backwards to pay homage to the EB; they're even calling the base trim "Sixty-Six". Why would they Roptorize the grill?
I’m by no means saying it should be one way or the other. I’m simply providing information that I thought might be useful.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
The render is looking better with each evolution, but I think the wheel wells / fenders need to be slightly more round. Not perfectly round, but not quite so angular.
I cant imagine the A pillars being anywhere near that wide. The forward visibility would be totally obstructed and dangerous for pedestrians or bicycles at corners of intersections.

I agree the fenders in the tarp image clearly show the outline of big open round wheel wells. Cramped small square wheel wells is so GM..
coming along nicely though!

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I cant imagine the A pillars being anywhere near that wide. The forward visibility would be totally obstructed and dangerous for pedestrians or bicycles at corners of intersections....
Looks pretty realistic to me. The difference is that in production vehicles they cover half of it with glass and black it out to fool the eye from the outside perspective.

It's no different than what they do to rear quarter or rear windows on most new vehicles. They look much larger from the outside than they really are.

OP
OP
TopRecon

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
The render is looking better with each evolution, but I think the wheel wells / fenders need to be slightly more round. Not perfectly round, but not quite so angular.
You're right, hard to say how that will translate to production since the original Baja Bronco has cut out rounded wheel wells but squared flares on the production, but I've rounded them out just a bit more, I think it's an improvement.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TopRecon

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey guys, it's been a while since any updates of any kind, I've reworked the model quite a bit thanks to some of the Bronco R concept sketches that Nickp posted, not quite done yet, still have to finish up the rear bumper and tweak a few parts of the windows and mirrors, but it's been a slow week so what the hell. Also something interesting I've noticed while putting this together, the very first model I did based on Road & Track's model, I noted that the wheel wells were too intrusive into the rear passenger section to be a practical four seater. This iteration of the model has fenders that are wide enough to accomodate tires almost entirely outside the cabin space, but still look much thinner and more subtle than the Wrangler's blocky flares, so theoretically we're talking a fair bit of interior space. More to come soon, hope to have this done with a few different variants in the next few days.

Bronco_Update_v5_2019-Dec-18_03-00-10AM-000_CustomizedView19364116320.png

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully the rear windows are a bit larger. That's one detail forced in by safety standards I really hate.

I'm hoping for just a little more windshield curvature too, so I don't have to replace it every month.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm hoping for just a little more windshield curvature too, so I don't have to replace it every month.
As in, from debris damage? I'm not sure what you mean.

My only complaint about flat windows (that the EB has on every side) is the blinding you can get from a sun reflection. Few things more annoying than being on the trail near one when the sun is just right (or, wrong) and you keep getting strobed with nuclear fusion. :crazy:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
TopRecon now that Teocali has confirmed that Buckoffroad’s render is the closest to the real one, I’d love to see your take on it in 3D!!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
TopRecon now that Teocali has confirmed that Buckoffroad’s render is the closest to the real one, I’d love to see your take on it in 3D!!
Where is Buckoffroad's render? Not seeing it in this thread. Anyone have a pointer?

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As in, from debris damage? I'm not sure what you mean....
Yeah, it's one of the more frequent problems observed by Wrangler owners -- and the noise they generate.

I'll put a lot of miles on/near gravel so it's a frequent problem even for windshields that aren't magnets for it.

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This latest render looks really good!
Sponsored