Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think If GM wants to play in the space, they should make their vehicle a GMC only option to help them distinguish and separate from the Chevy brand.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hummer would be a good platform to come back with and compete in this market. There are definitely people out there wishing for a new Hummer.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think If GM wants to play in the space, they should make their vehicle a GMC only option to help them distinguish and separate from the Chevy brand.
Assuming you are talking about the sporty SUV space, I think the coming unveil of the Canyon AT4 will show if they want the GMC brand to play in the off road space. If they put ZR2 suspension in the Canyon, they are serious. If they keep the Z71 suspension under it, then you will know that they want to keep the off road halo vehicles under the Chevrolet nameplate, or maybe even bring the Hummer brand back to life.

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sure, they're always "mulling." Call me when they announce something.

I'm just happy the ZR2 made it to market.
They'll probably bring the hummer back to compete with the bronco and wrangler. As a 4 cylinder front wheel drive compact crossover.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They'll probably bring the hummer back to compete with the bronco and wrangler. As a 4 cylinder front wheel drive compact crossover.
Are you allowed to call something a crossover if it does not offer all wheel drive? What are you even crossing at that point?

Sponsored

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are you allowed to call something a crossover if it does not offer all wheel drive? What are you even crossing at that point?
crossing over between car and "suv". basically crossing over between econo shoebox and uggs. The new blazer is the uggs of suvs :D

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Chrispy...don't forget to take your BP meds toady :) Have you heard whether Bronco retailing will follow the Mach E, or the traditional model?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought they sold the Hummer brand name to a Chinese company during The Great Recession???
2009/2010-ish...

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the feedback. Think of a typical "build" site on a maker's page...maybe you have 3 trim levels, and maybe 3 or so option bundles to decide on. I'd kinda hope Bronco could be different - perhaps a longer laundry list of options to chew over separately. But maybe not.

Appreciate you keeping the non-connected masses informed :)

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Chevy already lost this battle when they decided to release a new Blazer, that isn't anything like the original. I'm pretty sure Ford saw that half witted attempt and Laughed.
Chevy can't do a bronco competitor named Blazer now because it'll confuse the average consumer and dilute the brand more.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Chevy already lost this battle when they decided to release a new Blazer, that isn't anything like the original. I'm pretty sure Ford saw that half witted attempt and Laughed.
Chevy can't do a bronco competitor named Blazer now because it'll confuse the average consumer and dilute the brand more.
I'm sure they laughed, but it seems like Ford had an immediate case of amnesia and diluted the Mustang, a much more significant name.
Sponsored