BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dear Ford,

Like many, I love the look of the Bronco R. Please don’t water it down. There is a market here for people who want something genuinely badass.

Design wise, I won’t go into as much detail as others, but I can mirror their sentiment. What I want is something iconic, like the original Bronco, that has value, and will be worthy of restoration 30 years hence.

There has been a dearth of good design, in auto manufacturing over the last 30/40years. I don’t want a disposable car. This is your chance to make American automobiles great again.

I want the tech to be simple and understated. I don’t need tons of bells and whistles, that is going to be outdated in 6 months. I don’t want an iPad on wheels. CarPlay itself is enough. Make everything else as analog as possible. Make the interior comfortable, but with simple lines, not a lot of crevices to collect dust and dirt. Let me install an epic sound system and yet, able to wash the thing out with a hose.

I want something that is capable, rugged, fun and badass. Something that dominates the road and the trail. Something that is engineered so well it will take everything I throw at it. IDGAF if it had IFS or SFA, I want to rally 100mph in the desert on my way to hit a super gnarly, rocky, tech trail that takes me up a ridge to an overlook, where I can set up camp and, sleep in the back with an epic view.

I want to take off the top and feel the wind through my hair. I want to go to amazing places, where no other vehicle can get to. I want an automobile that is awesome and fun, like they used to be, when the original Bronco was made.

I want something with no compromises and I am willing to pay for it.

Hear me Ford. Hear me!
Jeebus! Gave me chills!
Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know a lot of guys in here are looking for a wrangler competitor, but I’m looking for more of a bit smaller 4 runner
This is me. 4Runner is at the top of my list right now, with the Tacoma below it. JL isn't even on my radar. SFA is a no go for me. This will be a daily driver and I own an old Jeep.

If the design is right on the Bronco, I'll buy it day one instead of the 4Runner. Springtime is my schedule for buying my next vehicle (I keep for 7-8 years), but I'll wait until fall/winter if I have to for the Bronco. If they show it this spring and it looks like ass or there's no Raptor-type trim level, I'll likely have a 4Runner before summer.

I was also waiting on the Tesla truck to see if that was going to b....OH MY GOD WHAT

"that looks like a 1976 Pinewood Derby car from a Cub Scout with no dad"

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is me. 4Runner is at the top of my list right now, with the Tacoma below it. JL isn't even on my radar. SFA is a no go for me. This will be a daily driver and I own an old Jeep.

If the design is right on the Bronco, I'll buy it day one instead of the 4Runner. Springtime is my schedule for buying my next vehicle (I keep for 7-8 years), but I'll wait until fall/winter if I have to for the Bronco. If they show it this spring and it looks like ass or there's no Raptor-type trim level, I'll likely have a 4Runner before summer.

I was also waiting on the Tesla truck to see if that was going to b....OH MY GOD WHAT

I do have to say, you can't really go wrong with the 4runner, ours is only a 2wd, it's the wifes. In about 3 years I am replacing it with either a 4dr bronco or a trd 4runner. I may get a 2dr bronco before then for me.
I would actually like to see an SFA 2dr and IFS 4dr, kind of fits most needs (not our Canadian friend's needs, sorry man), hardcore rock crawling w/ short wheel base, high speed desert running w/ long wheel base, road mannered family true SUV, etc.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would actually like to see an SFA 2dr and IFS 4dr, kind of fits most needs (not our Canadian friend's needs, sorry man)
:crying:

But in all seriousness, if they do that it would honestly be pretty cool. But it would mean the Bronco for me would become a 'purchase used in a 3-5 years when it'll be possible to swap the IFS onto a 2dr' instead of a buy new vehicle.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I do have to say, you can't really go wrong with the 4runner, ours is only a 2wd, it's the wifes. In about 3 years I am replacing it with either a 4dr bronco or a trd 4runner. I may get a 2dr bronco before then for me.
I would actually like to see an SFA 2dr and IFS 4dr, kind of fits most needs (not our Canadian friend's needs, sorry man), hardcore rock crawling w/ short wheel base, high speed desert running w/ long wheel base, road mannered family true SUV, etc.
Yup. Resale and reliability are in rare air with the 4Runner as well.

I'd like a 2 door, but will likely wind up with a 4 door. If it's SFA, I'm out either way lol.

Really tho...I just want a 4Runner with modern features :D

Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yup. Resale and reliability are in rare air with the 4Runner as well.

I'd like a 2 door, but will likely wind up with a 4 door. If it's SFA, I'm out either way lol.

Really tho...I just want a 4Runner with modern features :D
The new 4Runner is expected around the same time as the Bronco

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The new 4Runner is expected around the same time as the Bronco
1. I'd only be interested if they add a 2-door. No rumors so far.
2. The Current 4Runner is (I believe) still selling @200K units/year. They have little motivation to hurry the next one along....MY2023?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tesla-pickup-truck-4.jpg

There are a lot of cool looking renderings out there. There's no way Tesla will push that pine box derby crap.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
tesla-pickup-truck-4.jpg

There are a lot of cool looking renderings out there. There's no way Tesla will push that pine box derby crap.
HAHAHAHA

I think they will.

With that payload capacity and zero maintenance or gas bill and under 40k? That's a local delivery service fleet manager's dream right there. They don't care about looks.

Sponsored

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I didn't realize they invented a perpetual motion machine with zero friction parts.
Pretty close. The annualized maintenance has been shown to be very low. The overall cost of ownership is lower than a Camry or Accord despite the higher buy in when you factor all the year to year savings.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, maintenance is basically nil. I mean...You can grease some of the suspension from time to time I'm assuming...But there's not much to do. No transmission, no differentials, no engine oil, no hydraulic power steering...Antifreeze for the battery cooling/heat exchanger like once every 5-10 years? Brakes every few years (probably more often than a conventional vehicle due to regenerative braking, but that's just a guess)? Cabin air filter?

Existing Tesla owners could probably provide more accurate input, but there's not much there that needs serviced often compared to a regular vehicle.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, maintenance is basically nil. I mean...You can grease some of the suspension from time to time I'm assuming...But there's not much to do. No transmission, no differentials, no engine oil, no hydraulic power steering...Antifreeze for the battery cooling/heat exchanger like once every 5-10 years? Brakes every few years (probably more often than a conventional vehicle due to regenerative braking, but that's just a guess)? Cabin air filter?

Existing Tesla owners could probably provide more accurate input, but there's not much there that needs serviced often compared to a regular vehicle.
I would assume LESS often than a conventional, since the generating portion of the braking would be reducing brake pad usage.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would assume LESS often than a conventional, since the generating portion of the braking would be reducing brake pad usage.
Gotcha. I've never laid eyes upon the setup, nor have I read how it works.
Sponsored