Sponsored

5 small things I’ve found out about my Bronco.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We took a trip to Colorado to take a break from the heat of Texas. The trip was amazing and the Bronco is awesome but there are a few issues.

1. As someone posted MGV seats have a big drawback. After a few hours of driving I stopped to get gas and as I got out I felt my butts was wet. After thinking I spilled a drink or something, I realized it was “Butt sweat” 🥴. Seats are very comfortable just don’t breathe.
2. Lane keep is worthless. My wife’s vehicle has lane centering and that’s awesome for long trips. Lane keep 👎👎
3. Folding back seat down stops you from laying front seats back. The back seats in the Bronco are definitely an after-though. When folded down the floor isn’t flat and the bottom folds forward to get in the way of the rear. And they don’t remove easily for more space (like just pop out with a clip).
3. Bugs on windshield. I know, I know, it’s an upright windshield. I would just recommend getting the hood deflector when ordering the Bronco. Put one on after the trip, it make a huge difference.
4. Having to have rear door open ALL THE WAY to open glass. Even if the glass would clear the tire, the seal won’t let it open. Sucks when I’m tight spaces.
5. And last but definitely not least. What F’ed up cheap bean counter picked what wireless charger Ford uses. As most know, it’s useable andI’m sure bad for the phone.

Other than a few things, love the Bronco.
If y’all can think of something else, please post.
Ford Bronco 5 small things I’ve found out about my Bronco. 6DFE7B75-5002-4B74-BA23-972C1E1DA2BA
Sponsored

Rootdog

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My XM radio signal is so bad I can’t listen to it. Cuts out constantly. That’s my only complaint

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My XM radio signal is so bad I can’t listen to it. Cuts out constantly. That’s my only complaint
How far North in Maine are you and how many trees are lining the streets. Being so far north in Latitude, and the satellites tidally locked at the equator, you will have tough reception. I feel your pain being in north central Montana. Alaska has the luxury of terrestrial repeaters in some spots. Wish we had them at the US/CAN border

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lovely EG bronco! I had the deflector put on at the dealer and it’s still a big magnet. I’d hate to drive without!

Sponsored

Rootdog

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m in southern Maine and I do notice some interference from tree cover but I have XM in 2 Subarus and a Ram that all work perfectly. It’s something unique to the Bronco.

joss

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We took a trip to Colorado to take a break from the heat of Texas. The trip was amazing and the Bronco is awesome but there are a few issues.

1. As someone posted MGV seats have a big drawback. After a few hours of driving I stopped to get gas and as I got out I felt my butts was wet. After thinking I spilled a drink or something, I realized it was “Butt sweat” 🥴. Seats are very comfortable just don’t breathe.
2. Lane keep is worthless. My wife’s vehicle has lane centering and that’s awesome for long trips. Lane keep 👎👎
3. Folding back seat down stops you from laying front seats back. The back seats in the Bronco are definitely an after-though. When folded down the floor isn’t flat and the bottom folds forward to get in the way of the rear. And they don’t remove easily for more space (like just pop out with a clip).
3. Bugs on windshield. I know, I know, it’s an upright windshield. I would just recommend getting the hood deflector when ordering the Bronco. Put one on after the trip, it make a huge difference.
4. Having to have rear door open ALL THE WAY to open glass. Even if the glass would clear the tire, the seal won’t let it open. Sucks when I’m tight spaces.
5. And last but definitely not least. What F’ed up cheap bean counter picked what wireless charger Ford uses. As most know, it’s useable andI’m sure bad for the phone.

Other than a few things, love the Bronco.
If y’all can think of something else, please post.
Ford Bronco 5 small things I’ve found out about my Bronco. 6DFE7B75-5002-4B74-BA23-972C1E1DA2BA
Can you post a picture of the hood deflector?

OP
OP
BottleShark

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as lane keep…it’s adjustable. You can make it more aggressive, and then it works really, really well. Out of the box it’s too weak, I agree.
O, I'll try that and see, Thanks!

Lovely EG bronco! I had the deflector put on at the dealer and it’s still a big magnet. I’d hate to drive without!
Living in East Texas, I would pull in to clean windshield and top off gas while there 😂 😂 . Your profile pic freaks me out, DAN.... lol

Can you post a picture of the hood deflector?
This is the one I got. Really not a bad price even getting it from Ford.
Bronco 2021-2022 Aeroskin II Black Textured Trail-Armor Hood Deflector ~ VM2DZ16C900B (ford.com)

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I live in South Florida and have yet to get a sweaty butt... I think the MGV seats are awesome..

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I second the wireless charger comment. The amount of heat it generates in the phone is tremendous. So much so I can't use it when I have the top off because without the cool ambient air from the AC my phone goes into heat protection mode.

On top of that, if I'm using Android Audio (which is all of the time), the charger doesn't even keep up with battery usage. On long trips my phone will die.

I have an S22 so it's definitely not an old crappy phone issue.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with your swamp-ass complaint as well, partially.

With the MGV, it's washdown, you're gonna have to deal with it not being breathable, that's the trade-off.

The bigger issue is not having a cooled seat option at all. There is no reason (other than being cheap with the design) to not include cooled seats with the leather. 100% an oversite, 100%.

I've had one of the mesh sun shades (got it and put it on this spring before I was going topless). With the shade, the seats are ok after the Bronco has been sitting (still get swamp-ass driving, but you can actually sit in the them). I took the sun shade off this weekend so we could do some filming with my Bronco and a drone. It was unbearably hot to sit in the seats after they've been exposed to direct sunlight for any amount of time.

When a company designs a topless vehicle they should send it to Kansas topless in the middle of August for testing. Saturday it was like 98 with a heat index of 112, a few weeks ago it was 110 with a heat index of "Hell: Lake of Fire". I can't imagine how people live in Texas during the summer, it's bad enough here.

Last edited:

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Yup. First time wife got out on our trip she asked why her butt was wet. ”it’s the vinyl babe” Going to look on to a cooling ass-pad.

2. Was hoping it would be better. Still ok as I’m definitely a drifter on long drives, but it doesn’t soft correct like a lane centering system. Bummer.

3. Don’t like the look of a deflector, but yeah. Bugs and rock protection is a big deal.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you list 5 positive things you've found out as well?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2. Yup, this ancient Lane assist version is crap. Its ridiculous they didn't give us the true Lane Centering system that uses all the same hardware. The software is there too as it has been unlocked in Forscan but not shared yet.

5. Throw some sunglasses or other crap in that cubby and forget about the worthless OEM charger. Its bad for your phone. I setup a true wireless charger/mount that actually works and doesn't send your phone into nuclear meltdown.
Sponsored