Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In the video it shows he had to grind some brackets to make it fit, this cost to much to have defects like that
Sponsored

Aut-Lin

Black Diamond
First Name
Aut-Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My roof rack didn't require grinding to install (well not the rack itself).
They were having some issues with inconsistent t-nuts from the supplier where they were bigger, one of the solutions to the t-nuts not fitting was just grinding them down a 1/4" which is what I did. They also offered carriage bolts for free to fix it as well.

They should have the t-nuts sorted out now though.

Lonescout

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man, a little more involved than I was hoping, crossing my fingers that mine goes on without the issues.

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the video it shows he had to grind some brackets to make it fit, this cost to much to have defects like that
Number 1 rule in engineering, " do not reinvent the wheel" In other words use as much off the shelf items as possible. That small "defect" is a small inaccuracy from a supplier. But if you feel that is not exceptable then you are more than right not to buy the best looking roof rack, not my words the mech's words in the video.

Sponsored

orange_methodology

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Middleton_Sasquatch, great video, very informative. Thanks for posting!

@TrailRax, I'm very interested in your 4-door rack. I understand the light bar cut out / mount was designed around the Heretic 40" light bar, but will this also accommodate a Rigid SR-Series PRO 40" Light Bar (SKU 940314)?

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I don’t own a grinder to be able to fix there mistakes, so I’m out.
All those issues have been sorted out and there is no worries about that. Keep in mind, the installer was also offered carriage bolts with the note to use those instead of grinding the T Nuts. They chose to grind.

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Middleton_Sasquatch, great video, very informative. Thanks for posting!

@TrailRax, I'm very interested in your 4-door rack. I understand the light bar cut out / mount was designed around the Heretic 40" light bar, but will this also accommodate a Rigid SR-Series PRO 40" Light Bar (SKU 940314)?
You should be able to mount that bar, but we cannot promise fitment/a smooth install of the light bar. Their standard brackets for the bar should be okay.

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could you give some clarification on this? Have read the whole thread and can't find where a grinder is needed. Yes I have bought one.
This was a very small initial issue that was fixed within 1 day of launching. The T nuts were too big and blocked one another from being installed on an extrusion with some customers due to the inconsistency of the T Nuts. Once caught, we informed all customers and provided new carriage bolts and hardware to allow for a smooth install. Do not worry, it has since been fixed and the install is easy. Completely bolt on install roof rack.

Reactions: xim
OP
OP
Middleton Motorsports

Middleton Motorsports

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
MM Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.middletonmotorsports.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Sponsored

Bronco Bax

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive installed mine with ZERO problems. Great product and even better customer service. Would recommend 100% to anyone

CJSimmons

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ability to remove front 2 roof panels and middle panel with rack on?

MM_Mike

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was a very small initial issue that was fixed within 1 day of launching. The T nuts were too big and blocked one another from being installed on an extrusion with some customers due to the inconsistency of the T Nuts. Once caught, we informed all customers and provided new carriage bolts and hardware to allow for a smooth install. Do not worry, it has since been fixed and the install is easy. Completely bolt on install roof rack.
This is Mike from Middleton Motorsports, I did the install video and I just want to clarify that this install has been fixed by Trailrax but at the time we filmed this video we did not have this info in the instructions or their YouTube video (which has been changed now). We give honest reviews and installs on products that we purchase to help our customers. You can tell that they changed it by looking at the attached pictures. When I did the install it was also not a T bolt quality issue it was the front bracket assemblies that were different, there was more spacing between the bolt holes which you could see in the old video which did not match the brackets we received. I have nothing against Trailrax and think they have a great product and it is a bolt on accessory but it was frustrating when we installed it since we had to remove and install it multiple times to center the front brackets due to the issues with the instructions and their YouTube video at the time. We did get the carriage bolts in with the kit but no instructions or info on using them. We did update the video at the end to explain the carriage bolts after they got back to us about our fitment issue. The Middleton Motorsports team will always be dedicated to getting the customers honest and detailed info of any product we test whether good or bad.

Middleton Motorsports
-Mike

Trailrax.png

Trailrax1.png

Trailrax2.png

Trailrax3.png

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is Mike from Middleton Motorsports, I did the install video and I just want to clarify that this install has been fixed by Trailrax but at the time we filmed this video we did not have this info in the instructions or their YouTube video (which has been changed now). We give honest reviews and installs on products that we purchase to help our customers. You can tell that they changed it by looking at the attached pictures. When I did the install it was also not a T bolt quality issue it was the front bracket assemblies that were different, there was more spacing between the bolt holes which you could see in the old video which did not match the brackets we received. I have nothing against Trailrax and think they have a great product and it is a bolt on accessory but it was frustrating when we installed it since we had to remove and install it multiple times to center the front brackets due to the issues with the instructions and their YouTube video at the time. We did get the carriage bolts in with the kit but no instructions or info on using them. We did update the video at the end to explain the carriage bolts after they got back to us about our fitment issue. The Middleton Motorsports team will always be dedicated to getting the customers honest and detailed info of any product we test whether good or bad.

Middleton Motorsports
-Mike

Trailrax.png

Trailrax1.png

Trailrax2.png

Trailrax3.png
An announcement email was sent out on day two of shipping the product where we had disclosed to customers that some customers were seeing this issue and we have now started to include carriage bolts and nuts for the customer so that grinding is not required. This fixed the issue and internally our team was working on the instructions and installation video in the meantime. As the customer, you should have received that announcement letting you know.

We will admit that there was this issue initially but we fixed it as swiftly and quickly as we can to help our customers.
Sponsored