Sponsored

The IFS vs SFA Thread

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are we talking the 7th gen Celica? Because previous gens did such turd-y things like winning the world rally championship. Even the 7th gen with no rally version to back up the sporty image sold very well for a small 2 door sports car, selling much better than the much more capable FR-S/86/BRZ that essentially replaced it.
Whatever the one that looked like it was squeezed out of a toothpaste tube and had 120hp.. "essentially replaced it" when the whole layout of the car changed and almost doubled in power, not really a spiritual successor... The one I'm talking about was the end of the celica name, and had dismal sales... they wouldn't have discontinued it if it sold good, and you'd still see some on the road, like you see old mustangs. Right now you see about as many of them celicas as you see Probes...

Yes, totally correct. But the image and capability people buy doesn't need to be a rock crawling one. The Raptors sell with a high speed image and capability, as does the ZR2. The Bronco could do the same if Ford so desired.
So it doesn't have to be a rock crawler image and take aim at the jeep, but it can be a high speed image and cannibalize the sales of the soon to be 2 raptor models? Makes perfect sense. If you wanna win, don't compete with someone else, compete with yourself and you're bound to have the winning product.

Yeah, side by sides are sweet, no doubt. However, for what I do I need a street legal vehicle (which SxSs can't be in Canada) and one that's enclosed with heat so I don't freeze :)

Edit: Corrected my celica generations
Why can't you tow a side by side to a trail and do what you do? You can have a cab and heat/ac in them too.
Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nailed it.

Did it look something like this?
cat=108&_nc_ohc=EUq12OHrYsYAQnbNlhuwyWm6YmGK8M8_Z-l2myhlpsO2_fmv3-cITng4Q&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg
LOL I don't think it will flex that much. Close to it though! :crackup: My brother has a 99 on 33's. this coming spring I'm putting the long-arm front on it, and braided brake line extensions. He's been piecing it together for 10 years now.
This is the only photo I have.

justins heep.jpg

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why can't you tow a side by side to a trail and do what you do? You can have a cab and heat/ac in them too.
That's what I wonder about the rock crawling crowd...lol. Per the polls on the other thread many of use just want moderate trail off-road capable with good daily drivability. I want something that can take me anywhere my truck can (nothing too serious) but be more comfortable than my fox mustang and hopefully be quicker and more fuel efficient than either. A jack of all trades if you will.

Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's what I wonder about the rock crawling crowd...lol. Per the polls on the other thread many of use just want moderate trail off-road capable with good daily drivability. I want something that can take me anywhere my truck can (nothing too serious) but be more comfortable than my fox mustang and hopefully be quicker and more fuel efficient than either. A jack of all trades if you will.
The tow vehicle can be applied to any vehicle that has a single focus.
GT350 = track vehicle, can be driven on the street, does it make sense with tires that last a few thousand miles at best in summer conditions only
F150 Raptor = jack of all trades if you will but because of its intended purpose as an off-roader it’s 35’s greatly reduce its mpg’s and it’s long-ish travel suspension reduces its towing.
If everyone is honest the Baby Bronco will be equally as capable off-road as the Bronco for the majority of owners off-road use. According to the poll lol. An explorer with a set of All Terrains will do just fine as well.
The GT350 only has a manual transmission because of its intention of being the most driver focused car in the lineup. Yes a 10spd GT is quicker in a straight line and the MachE will most likely be quicker to 60 as well. But Ford knows what track day drivers want.
The Bronco isn’t supposed to appeal to everyone, it’s not intended to be at every rental car counter across the country. That is what the Baby Bronco and Explorer are for.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The competitions I run are generally 5-600km or so per day, involving going straight from one competition stage to a transit on highways to another competition stage with no breaks except for gas. There's no trailering possible except to the very start of the event if you wanted, and the rules require street legal vehicles.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The tow vehicle can be applied to any vehicle that has a single focus.
GT350 = track vehicle, can be driven on the street, does it make sense with tires that last a few thousand miles at best in summer conditions only
F150 Raptor = jack of all trades if you will but because of its intended purpose as an off-roader it’s 35’s greatly reduce its mpg’s and it’s long-ish travel suspension reduces its towing.
If everyone is honest the Baby Bronco will be equally as capable off-road as the Bronco for the majority of owners off-road use. According to the poll lol. An explorer with a set of All Terrains will do just fine as well.
The GT350 only has a manual transmission because of its intention of being the most driver focused car in the lineup. Yes a 10spd GT is quicker in a straight line and the MachE will most likely be quicker to 60 as well. But Ford knows what track day drivers want.
The Bronco isn’t supposed to appeal to everyone, it’s not intended to be at every rental car counter across the country. That is what the Baby Bronco and Explorer are for.
100% agree with you on basically everything here!

The Baby Bronco will probably do everything I need except I WANT the removable top that doesn't sound like it will happen. What will make me happy personally is a 2.7 EcoBoost with a manual transmission and fully removable top - I'll settle for FSB removable top though. I'd prefer SFA for simplicity and durability (I've had both, both work for me but SFA less troublesome in my experience) but that won't be a purchase factor.

If Bronco doesn't offer the engine/trans/top combo I will probably look for a 6.2 Raptor as the jack of all trades and take the mpg hit.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The competitions I run are generally 5-600km or so per day, involving going straight from one competition stage to a transit on highways to another competition stage with no breaks except for gas. There's no trailering possible except to the very start of the event if you wanted, and the rules require street legal vehicles.
Sounds like you need to tell the govt to stop being a bunch of ******* and make SxS street legal. The idea that motorcycles are "safe enough" and SxS aren't is just plain stupid.

When I go riding, I just drive my RZR/ATV/bike to the gas station and right down the highway/road to the trail head. I'm way less of a hazard to my own or others safety than most of the idiots in cars.

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You are being facetious, right?
no.....how far off the beaten path did this occur ?, just wondering how you guys handle something like this, just drag the effer out of there ?

or try to fix it there ?

…..is that thing still intact ? DA FUQ :shock:

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sounds like you need to tell the govt to stop being a bunch of ******* and make SxS street legal. The idea that motorcycles are "safe enough" and SxS aren't is just plain stupid.

When I go riding, I just drive my RZR/ATV/bike to the gas station and right down the highway/road to the trail head. I'm way less of a hazard to my own or others safety than most of the idiots in cars.
I'm not sure which states allow what, but in Arizona we see tons of quads and SxS on the road. Motocross bikes with headlights and turn signals - CRF450Rs and the like, stuff that didn't come with lights from the factory. There are even a few 2-stroke KTMs plated here in town. I think Utah is fairly permissive, not sure about Idaho. Pretty certain Colorado is strict, and I heard a rumor that if a knobby tire touches pavement in California, a SWAT team appears from helicopters within seconds.

Yes, some of them do stupid stuff on the dirt roads around here and can be a hazard if you're going the opposite direction on an outside curve with a 500 foot dropoff... but it would be no more safe for opposing traffic if they were in a Wrangler, Ranger, or an Evo.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
no.....how far off the beaten path did this occur ?, just wondering how you guys handle something like this, just drag the effer out of there ?

or try to fix it there ?

…..is that thing still intact ? DA FUQ :shock:
that rig is working perfectly fine. It is built to do that type of articulation and maintain traction and power. It is a triangulated rear, can't tell on the front. That allows an absolute shit ton of articulation. I've seen rigs that can reach more than 45° articulation in the rear, crazy ridiculous.

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
that rig is working perfectly fine. It is built to do that type of articulation and maintain traction and power. It is a triangulated rear, can't tell on the front. That allows an absolute shit ton of articulation. I've seen rigs that can reach more than 45° articulation in the rear, crazy ridiculous.
:shock: ….. I stand corrected …..Holy Sh*t
Sponsored