First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is Ford trying to get some folks to cancel orders and wait for the V8. They are going to have a hell of a time filling back-orders for two years. Being a little sarcastic but seriously, how many would wait an extra year if this is V8?
Personally i am not interested in a V8. Fords ECO Boost motors, 2.7, 3.0 and the 3.5 all outperform the 5.0. What is the upside?
Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Remember, all we have seen thus far are prototypes and frakenstein Broncos put together in some back room of spare parts.

And computer renderings from Ford all over their websites.
It’s extremely Unlikely they won’t like pretty much just like they are out in the wild right now.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. That is what I have gathered as well. It also explains the large price increase from the pricing survey we got. Remember that the dual top option was close to $4k when just the hard top was anywhere from $900-1900 I believe. It isn't just a standard soft top... there must be some tricks to it or it is motorized somehow.

Additionally, this Bronco must have some exterior or mechanical differences than the ones we have seen. There is no need for such heavy camouflage for some stripes or accessories.
IMG_2505.JPG

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not 100% convinced this one has any more lift than standard BL/Squatch. (Though I am more than happy to be proved incorrect.)

Judging by where the rock rails are in relation to wheel hubs, they seem to be in line with the top lug nuts, which is what we've seen from other photos.

I think what's happening is the fender flares are different(absent, or with more clearance) which is making the wheel gaps larger, and thus making it look taller.

Also, the OP's picture is a great photo taken at a farther distance, and lower than most of the shots we've seen so far. Perspective could be playing a big part in how different this thing looks.

Ford Bronco Spotted a Bronco Raptor / Warthog prototype? IMG_2505.JPG

Ford Bronco Spotted a Bronco Raptor / Warthog prototype? IMG_2505.JPG
I would agree with this explanation. But it doesn't explain the top, which could be explained by other reasonable answers already mentioned, power top or even that there is tent in this top.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bulge for the rear fender flare appears much sharper and higher than the std Broncos and looks more in line with the Bronco R rear flare.
Due to the public outcry about the grey top, they're now testing MIC grey on all trim pieces and fender flares so it all matches.

Sponsored

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Plus with the layoffs coming this year they won't be able to fulfill all of the reservations. Maybe it's a surprise Bronco they are taking to Bronco Super Celebration next week.
Those are white collar positions... Not assembly line

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And computer renderings from Ford all over their websites.
It’s extremely Unlikely they won’t like pretty much just like they are out in the wild right now.
I don't think they are changing the look of the prototype Broncos but like I said it could be finialized strip kits, finished interiors, motorized tops, and any other thing that Ford doesn't want seen yet. Not saying it can't be the Warthog but I think we have plainly seen that Ford is WAY behind where they hoped to be on other aspects of Bronco.

Sponsored

PromoFLB

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Lexus GS, and Lexus CT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They want us to think this is a new Bronco for 2022 but in reality it is a test mule for the 2" - 3" lift kit as well as Ford Performance wheels. Either that or someone did not realize the Bronco was revealed already and never took off the Camo.

I would agree with this explanation. But it doesn't explain the top, which could be explained by other reasonable answers already mentioned, power top or even that there is tent in this top.
They could also be testing the MIC Black top with grey fender flares.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe this one has a toaster?

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm not 100% convinced this one has any more lift than standard BL/Squatch. (Though I am more than happy to be proved incorrect.)

Judging by where the rock rails are in relation to wheel hubs, they seem to be in line with the top lug nuts, which is what we've seen from other photos.

I think what's happening is the fender flares are different(absent, or with more clearance) which is making the wheel gaps larger, and thus making it look taller.

Also, the OP's picture is a great photo taken at a farther distance, and lower than most of the shots we've seen so far. Perspective could be playing a big part in how different this thing looks.

77E3FEDF-FCCD-436D-84AB-5A0AE5A6BEF0.jpeg

2021-bronco-raptor-warthog-jpg.jpg
Daaaaaaaaannnnnnnggggggg............:LOL:

I am liking what I'm seeing (y)